Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 02:39:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508762 times)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #975 on: January 23, 2009, 10:52:11 AM »

squids cant help but be squids thats why. I saw a guy yesterday on a GSXR rolling down the street with his nike tennis shoes on with no socks swerving in and out of people. I think its the no socks part that really bugged me.

its like that here all the time with the squids...no socks and a wife beater  Roll Eyes.......

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #976 on: January 23, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »

its like that here all the time with the squids...no socks and a wife beater  Roll Eyes.......

This months Sport Rider mag has an article on this... the photo included has a chick in fur slippers, shorts, and a tank top... no gloves or helmet.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #977 on: January 24, 2009, 03:27:13 PM »

Part of me wants to cruelly laugh at their foolishness... the other part of me is sad for them.

So many people, so little common sense.

I only hope most of 'em learn by observation to gear up, before the asphalt teaches them the hard way.

As far as scary sightings... I'll bet 90% of the riders in Iowa were helmet-less.  There were days I'd see a dozen riders during my morning and evening commutes, and not a single helmet.  One time I was leaving work, watched another Rockwell guy from the same building walk out, throw a leg over his Harley, and ride off... Dockers, button-down cotton dress shirt, low-cut dress shoes, and sunglasses.  No gloves, no helmet, absolutely zero protective gear.  I hope he didn't have kids at home, because with how people in Iowa drive, it's not a matter of "if", but "when" he gets hit.  Undecided

---------

The squids in full tuck on the freeway though... those are funny!  Especially after you go out to PIR and watch a control rider clipping around one of the turns at freeway speed, totally relaxed, one hand on the controls, sitting up, turned around and lookin' at the riders behind him.
 laughingdp

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #978 on: January 24, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »

It always kinda freaked me out when I rode over to Beaudry's in CdA (the closest Duc dealer to Spokane) and I'd be all geared up and be PASSED on the freeway by a guy on a Harley with Zero protection on (no helmet law in Idaho)...

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
Bendy

« Reply #979 on: January 25, 2009, 01:28:28 PM »

I'm not an advocate of the law protecting people from themselves, as in helmet laws, as someone should be smart enough to want to wear one in the right circumstance. Some folks truly are sadly ignorant. Then again, I don't wear one when I'm on my three wheeler at the dunes. I have a margin of complacency because I've been on the sand since I've been old enough to sit in a carseat. While there is risk, it's inherently less than asphalt and highway vehicles, and it has not proven difficult to maintain responsible control of my trike, because I don't qualify for dumbass. Asphalt + head at even 5 miles an hour, however, good luck.
bnbmike

« Reply #980 on: January 25, 2009, 04:03:43 PM »

Who says you're going to hit your head on sand and not the cross bar, wheel, tree...

That said, your choice, but living at Sand Lake, most accidents are 2 ATV's hitting each other.

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
ryandalling

« Reply #981 on: January 25, 2009, 07:52:06 PM »

Okay... I spent the day in the garare working on the SV... I took off the fuel tank, the airbox, the radiator, and most everything else... just so I can swap out the forward controls... (starter button, kill switch, and throttle cable housing.) ... just to find out that the one I got off of ebay six months ago... is the wrong make the beast with two backsing one. Aaaargh!!!!!!    bang head

Mo - On a side note, I shouldn't have green coolant in my radiator should I?? That racing stuff should be in there.. right??  I may need you or Elias to stop by and make sure I don't flub it all up putting it back together. Could be beer in it for you!  drink

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #982 on: January 26, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »

Typical store bought radiator coolant is not good for race tracks.  Its super slippery stuff. 

I'm home sick right now, how's next weekend sound? or if I can pull away, some day this week after work?

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
ryandalling

« Reply #983 on: January 26, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »

Typical store bought radiator coolant is not good for race tracks.  Its super slippery stuff. 
I'm home sick right now, how's next weekend sound? or if I can pull away, some day this week after work?

EDR would have the other coolant stuff right??

I think I figured out how to get it all back together... of course I am waiting on some other parts before putting it back together. I may forget by then.  bang head

scott_araujo

« Reply #984 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:28 PM »

Ryan, take pictures during the disassembly.  They can fill in where your memory fails.

Scott
ryandalling

« Reply #985 on: January 26, 2009, 02:06:16 PM »

Yeah... I probably shoulda taken pictures... in fact... I was planning on doing so... I just figured it would be a quick tear down and rebuild... funny how that never quite happens.  Grin

Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #986 on: January 26, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »

The stuff you want is called "Water Wetter", and you may actually be able to buy it from Fred Meyers, etc.  I know automotive stores sell it.  It would be cheaper then EDR.

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #987 on: January 26, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »

Oh yeah, Knecht's Auto Parts carried Water Wetter back when I worked for 'em... I used to add it to my car's coolant before making the trek across the Mojave on my way to ERAU in the late summer.  Knecht's is definitely gonna be cheaper than EDR.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
scott_araujo

« Reply #988 on: January 26, 2009, 04:39:37 PM »

Yeah... I probably shoulda taken pictures... in fact... I was planning on doing so... I just figured it would be a quick tear down and rebuild... funny how that never quite happens.  Grin

Never does.  Just get one of those $10 cheapies and keep it just for the garage.

Scott
Bendy

« Reply #989 on: January 26, 2009, 05:51:53 PM »

Who says you're going to hit your head on sand and not the cross bar, wheel, tree...

That said, your choice, but living at Sand Lake, most accidents are 2 ATV's hitting each other.

True statement, and I do acknowledge those possibilities. I've been able to cut down on the possibility of colliding with another ATV simply by riding elsewhere than Sand Lake. Wink I prefer the elbow room to spread the wings at Florence.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: