Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:29:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508372 times)
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #690 on: November 13, 2008, 09:02:23 AM »

Hello.

hi

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #691 on: November 13, 2008, 09:16:17 AM »

Ahhh... yes I did... good point...

mmm.... ( . )( . )

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #692 on: November 13, 2008, 02:32:04 PM »

what a gorgeous day!

Darkhorse den mother
SaltLick
« Reply #693 on: November 13, 2008, 03:20:33 PM »

im riding to work tomarrow. dammit!
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #694 on: November 13, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »

this weekend is supposed to be gorgeous

Darkhorse den mother
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #695 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »

I took the Monster out for a spin today.  Nothing fancy, just around town on a few errands. [moto]

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
SaltLick
« Reply #696 on: November 15, 2008, 10:00:05 PM »

i got all geared up, went to fire up the monster and the battery was dead.....

Oh well, im charging it now and plan on hitting the streets sunday for a ride.
NEIKOS
« Reply #697 on: November 17, 2008, 06:07:53 AM »

i got all geared up, went to fire up the monster and the battery was dead.....

Oh well, im charging it now and plan on hitting the streets sunday for a ride.

If it's giving you trouble I do have an extra battery here . . .  Wink
SaltLick
« Reply #698 on: November 17, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »

If it's giving you trouble I do have an extra battery here . . .  Wink

my battery wont hold a charge. I put the battery tender on it, it will charge up i can ride it around all day stop and start and its fine. Let it sit overnight, next day wont turn over. Hook the battery tender up to it again and it has to charge it up all over again.  Who knows how old the battery is, it came with the bike. Thanks Chuck for the offer but I have my wife thinking i have to get a new battery already, and shes good with it.  So i better get it while i can.  laughingdp
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #699 on: November 17, 2008, 11:56:24 AM »

my battery wont hold a charge. I put the battery tender on it, it will charge up i can ride it around all day stop and start and its fine. Let it sit overnight, next day wont turn over. Hook the battery tender up to it again and it has to charge it up all over again.  Who knows how old the battery is, it came with the bike. Thanks Chuck for the offer but I have my wife thinking i have to get a new battery already, and shes good with it.  So i better get it while i can.  laughingdp

Hope it aint a voltage regulator issue. Maybe you should borrow chucks battery before getting a new one and see if it will hold the charge the next day. Your battery should be self charging through out, and it doesn't sound like it is.

On a side note... PDX is a nice airport with free Wi-Fi.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
SaltLick
« Reply #700 on: November 17, 2008, 12:44:42 PM »

Yeah good idea, actually im about ready to call it for the winter......i have a bunch of winter projects to do on it (tank has a leak needs to be welded/repainted) base gasket leak, oil and filter change, mine as well add switch battery to the list. Sigh.....

SaltLick
« Reply #701 on: November 17, 2008, 03:46:17 PM »

What a crappy MC day.  I was off today and thought id enjoy a nice ride. Figured i would tighten my chain since its super loose. Then i couldnt get the Axle nut loose. Called the local shop and they said they would tighten the chain for 10 bucks.  Took it down there, the guy is real nice hes worked on my bikes before, he came out and tightened the chain and didnt charge me.  I  talked with him about my battery situation so he drug out the tester to make sure it wasnt the voltage regulator....nope system is charging great. All i need is a new battery....could i leave it well enough alone and go for my ride? NOOO!!!  So i buy a sealed battery from him, heck he even puts it in no charge. In the end he only charged me for the battery itself $60. 

So there i am going for my ride finally and once i get up in the hills i notice a terrible smell. Pull over and look down and see battery acid spilling out all over my engine.  Somehow this sealed battery sprung a leak. I hop off my bike not knowing what to do. Well i think, first thing is get that battery out of there and get it hosed off quick  (i can see and smell the sizzling battery acid and smoke, and its still coming out in a slow dribble all over) luckily i have a screwdriver and i get the battery out, go borrow a pail of water from the people across the street to wash down the bike, then there i am stuck in the middle of nowhere with no battery. Call the tow truck, he takes me and bike back home. Drive back to the shop, he has no more batteries and has to order me one.  bang head laughingdp

That was my day off.  waytogo
desmosome

« Reply #702 on: November 17, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »

Sorry dude, that blows.

Bendy

« Reply #703 on: November 17, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »

Lame, Dave. Sorry to hear about that. Join the club of people who need to repaint various items due to battery acid. I'm not just the president, I'm also a client.
NEIKOS
« Reply #704 on: November 17, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

What a crappy MC day.  I was off today and thought id enjoy a nice ride. Figured i would tighten my chain since its super loose. Then i couldnt get the Axle nut loose. Called the local shop and they said they would tighten the chain for 10 bucks.  Took it down there, the guy is real nice hes worked on my bikes before, he came out and tightened the chain and didnt charge me.  I  talked with him about my battery situation so he drug out the tester to make sure it wasnt the voltage regulator....nope system is charging great. All i need is a new battery....could i leave it well enough alone and go for my ride? NOOO!!!  So i buy a sealed battery from him, heck he even puts it in no charge. In the end he only charged me for the battery itself $60. 

So there i am going for my ride finally and once i get up in the hills i notice a terrible smell. Pull over and look down and see battery acid spilling out all over my engine.  Somehow this sealed battery sprung a leak. I hop off my bike not knowing what to do. Well i think, first thing is get that battery out of there and get it hosed off quick  (i can see and smell the sizzling battery acid and smoke, and its still coming out in a slow dribble all over) luckily i have a screwdriver and i get the battery out, go borrow a pail of water from the people across the street to wash down the bike, then there i am stuck in the middle of nowhere with no battery. Call the tow truck, he takes me and bike back home. Drive back to the shop, he has no more batteries and has to order me one.  bang head laughingdp

That was my day off.  waytogo

Big Sucky SUCKY!

I got a battery you can borrow/have dude . . . It's even got your name on it  Wink  Almost like it was meant to be yours!  cheeky
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: