Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:01:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508188 times)
jdubbs32584
« Reply #450 on: September 16, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »

Wait, Mother has short hair, what did Mo drag him by!?!? Shocked

Grin

goddamnit.  Angry

laughingdp

I don't know if I should have just read that.

I feel dirty...

Yet, oddly, aroused.

....me too....
 Evil

jdubbs32584
« Reply #451 on: September 16, 2008, 06:10:26 PM »

wait, Jacob is pregnant?

well now the moodiness makes sense  Shocked

i kid baby! i kid!!
i wub you  Kiss
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #452 on: September 16, 2008, 06:22:30 PM »

When I wub him, it gets all sticky.  Same for you?

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
jdubbs32584
« Reply #453 on: September 16, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

When I wub him, it gets all sticky.  Same for you?

Yup. Then he falls asleep and snores.
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »

strange, he usually has be get the peanut butter, then kicks me out, and asks me to let the dogs in.

he scares me.

Maurice Miller

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
jdubbs32584
« Reply #455 on: September 16, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »

he scares me.

me too dear. me too.
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #456 on: September 17, 2008, 08:44:44 AM »

Hey guys.... keep a watch on them construction zones... according to the news today...

A rider in black on a red "high performance" motorcycle... ignored the plea of a flagger to slow down and ended up plowing through a flagger further down the road... giving the lady multiple broken bones.

I know this is not the type of riding that any of us do... but with all the construction going on... just be aware that the flaggers have a job to do... and it is to keep the road workers safe. Slow down a bit... or avoid the construction.

My venting is over... just hate when one idiot rider gives cycles a bad name in the news.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/flagger_hurt_in_hitandrun_he_a.html
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:22:23 AM by ryandalling » Logged

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Mother
« Reply #457 on: September 17, 2008, 10:31:27 AM »

ok whatever

that article is a bunch of shit

several things wrong with it

1) there isn't a phantom rider out there using his bike to deliberately run down flaggers

2) He didn't aim for her, she froze up...target fixation on the biker. That is what we call victim hysteria

3) He didn't gun the motor, he downshifted, thus raising the motor RPM, also a part of victim hysteria

4) she is a flagger, not a god damn super hero, get out of the make the beast with two backsing road lady

Part of becoming a fire dewd is flagger school, it is actually the most dangerous part of our job, resullting in the most injuries

one thing that is preached over and over is NEVER stand in the path of traffic

use your sign, throw flares, throw the sign, do whatever, but do not stand in traffic

there are all kinds of things in the drivers line of sight behind you, mainly blinking lights, thus your 1 or 2 reflective stripes and your sign are not nearly enough to truly get someones attention

So now, this dumb pregnant dog violates the simplist/most importand rule, experiences the classic "deer in the headlights" effect

and

Now has the sympathy of public opinion

So an accident that was most likely a simple "I didn't see her"  or at worst a DUI

is now attempted murder with a hit and run felony

Granted the rider made a poor choice

but the media once again ramps up a one sided story for gore and glory

I hate the make the beast with two backsing media

« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:33:32 AM by Mother » Logged
ryandalling

« Reply #458 on: September 17, 2008, 10:54:59 AM »

Nice to hear your view point. I can see what you are talking about.  It's like the people who drive slowly in the fast lane cause they think that nobody should be speeding... so they take it into their own hands to correct the problem. Lady should have moved, yes. 

My only point to this was... rider had ample opportunity to slow down if construction workers had enough time to radio ahead to tell lady to slow him down... and now riders of "high performance" cycles get a bad name.

Just emphasizes my belief that people are stupid. All of them.  I could make exemptions  for you, me, and other people in the group... but I am too tired... and I am too stupid...  so... people are stupid. All of them.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #459 on: September 17, 2008, 11:47:18 AM »

Did you guys read the story?

There were two flaggers.  The first one was giving him the "slow down" sign with his hands, then once he stopped at the first flagger, they engaged in vocal love making for a few minutes, then the guy on the bike started moving forward, ran around a dump truck, and Second flagger (deer light effect lady) tried to stop him or some shit and got hit while the guy was trying to avoid a truck, and what ever else was happening at the same time.

However, no one should flee the scene of an accident, regardless of the reason for said accident.

Rider is a douche and the flagger an idiot, IMO.

Maurice Miller

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -

ryandalling

« Reply #460 on: September 17, 2008, 11:55:15 AM »

I heard the story on the news this morning and then posted the link. I did re-read the story. I think you are correct - The rider is a douche and the flagger is an idiot.

oregunduc

« Reply #461 on: September 17, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »

It's sucks to here any one gets hurt just doing their job, and having some flagging time under the belt people can be real jackasses sometimes, while both were douche bags the funniest if there is a funny part was the description of the bike:

"The man was riding a red, high-performance motorcycle and wearing a black helmet and black motorcycle outfit. The driver appeared to be about 220 to 250 pounds and is possibly in his 30s." Yup that narrows it down to about half the bikes and riders on the street.

06 S2R 800 tangerine and black, CRG mirrors, modified exhaust, tail chop... Just the basic stuff
Mother
« Reply #462 on: September 17, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »

It's sucks to here any one gets hurt just doing their job, and having some flagging time under the belt people can be real jackasses sometimes, while both were douche bags the funniest if there is a funny part was the description of the bike:

"The man was riding a red, high-performance motorcycle and wearing a black helmet and black motorcycle outfit. The driver appeared to be about 220 to 250 pounds and is possibly in his 30s." Yup that narrows it down to about half the bikes and riders on the street.

kinda points straight at Mo actually

anyone seen the 749 latlely?
Mother
« Reply #463 on: September 17, 2008, 03:02:48 PM »

There were two flaggers.  The first one was giving him the "slow down" sign with his hands, then once he stopped at the first flagger, they engaged in vocal love making for a few minutes, then the guy on the bike started moving forward, ran around a dump truck, and Second flagger (deer light effect lady) tried to stop him or some shit and got hit while the guy was trying to avoid a truck, and what ever else was happening at the same time.

However, no one should flee the scene of an accident, regardless of the reason for said accident.

I re-read the story

Here I'll even post it

Here's what Teresa Gunther remembers:

She was working as a flagger near a construction project at Northwest Thompson and Miller when her coworkers radioed ahead for her to stop a speeding motorcycle. So Gunther, 59, stepped into the road and called for the motorcyclist to slow down. The flaggers, she told him, were trying to save lives.

Instead of slowing down, the motorcyclist pointed his bike in her direction and accelerated.

"He aimed for me," she recalled, a bit groggily from her bed at Emanuel Hospital this morning. "He knew he hit me. He hit me head on.

"I feel like he tried to murder me," said Gunther, who has two broken legs, a deflated lung and a broken wrist.

Portland police are still looking for the motorcyclist. The man was riding a red, high-performance motorcycle and wearing a black helmet and black motorcycle outfit. The driver appeared to be about 220 to 250 pounds and is possibly in his 30s. The bike should have some front-end damage, police said.

She said she was hit while she stood about two blocks from the intersection of Northwest Thompson and Miller.

Gunther, who lives in the Gales Creek area and works for this Washington County company, said the incident should serve as a reminder to motorists: "They need to slow down at the orange signs and care about the people who are working in the road."

I don't see anything about stopping at the first flagger

or

anything about avoiding a dumptruck

so

tell us about the dumptruck maurice?

SaltLick
« Reply #464 on: September 17, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »

i cant believe the dude hit someone and drove away from it. Dam now thats some skills.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: