Boom tubes power penalty compared to other full systems?

(1/2) > >>

Billyzoom:
I have an S4Rs with boomtubes installed, and I don't think the bike feels quite as quick as it did with the previous full aftermarket system I had installed. 

It's not so much that I need the extra power, but I had gone to the effort of getting my ECU remapped and opened the airbox, and I'm curious how much power the boomtubes may sacrifice compared to a performance oriented full system like Termis, Arrow or Remus.  To be honest, they look so good I'm likely going to stick with them, but some actual data would help make the decision.

My understanding is that boomtubes DO sacrifice some power versus quality full exhaust systems.  My question is, roughly how much power might I be losing for a bike like mine with the aforementioned mods?

Thanks for any info.

Joel

Raux:
I had always wondered if torque cones would help the boomtubes. they help the shorty exhausts on HDs

uglyducky:
Quote from: Billyzoom on February 09, 2012, 10:07:26 PM

I have an S4Rs with boomtubes installed, and I don't think the bike feels quite as quick as it did with the previous full aftermarket system I had installed. 

It's not so much that I need the extra power, but I had gone to the effort of getting my ECU remapped and opened the airbox, and I'm curious how much power the boomtubes may sacrifice compared to a performance oriented full system like Termis, Arrow or Remus.  To be honest, they look so good I'm likely going to stick with them, but some actual data would help make the decision.

My understanding is that boomtubes DO sacrifice some power versus quality full exhaust systems.  My question is, roughly how much power might I be losing for a bike like mine with the aforementioned mods?

Thanks for any info.

Joel

~10 hp (give or take) from what i have read/been told. 

uglyducky:
kicking around doing the same thing with the same bike. 

DucHead:
A search will tell you that you'll lose a few ponies on the top end, but does it really matter?  If you want a lot of horsepower, you own the wrong bike.

P.S. I've been running boom tubes for a few years, and I have no complaints about power loss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page