Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 02:03:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arizona Titling Question  (Read 2750 times)
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« on: February 02, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »

I'm going to be helping my elderly neighbor navigate the AZ DMV in an attempt to re-title a 1975 Norton Commando, the one that's currently residing in my garage. The bike entered her possession when her partner passed away a bit over a year ago; she recalls seeing a title in his effects but can't find it now (Tom was a bit of a hoarder, so there was a LOT to go through and she could be wrong about what she came across). The bike has a 1994 Nevada plate on it, so I'm guessing that was the last place it was registered, but I don't know about a title.

She does have: A bill of Sale for the bike, Tom's will & a death certificate.

A couple of questions:

1) What research can I do to figure out the current status of the bike?

2) If the bike has a missing title in Arizona in Tom's name, do we have enough documentation to get that title reprinted?

3) If the bike has a missing title in Nevada, what then?

Thanks!!!

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 09:35:12 AM »

According to my research, the easiest way to go about this is to go to one of the third-party MVD providers and have them do a VIN inspection and issue a bonded title, mostly because of the likelihood of it still being titled in Nevada.

Down here (Cochise County) I was quoted $50 to inspect the vehicle on my property, and $150 plus ~45 days for the bonded title.  I haven't done it yet because my project is still waiting in line.

As near as I can tell, the "bonded" part of the title is an insurance policy that covers the title-holder against claims of theft.  On a moto, it is probably helpful if the engine number is recorded on the bill of sale along with the VIN.

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »

Thanks!

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: