Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 07:35:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matte finish clear coat needed?  (Read 923 times)
skurvy

« on: March 25, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »

So I read through the DIY Painting Tips thread and couldn't really find an answer. I painted my clutch cover with silver DupliColor brake caliper paint and noticed that it had slight streaking under the Ducati lettering probably from years of cleaning chemicals or road grime.

I sanded down the paint and hit it again with some different stuff I had lying around that I used on the belt covers and front sprocket cover (also painted years ago). The can says it's fuel resistant and heat resistant up to 300°. The belt covers and sprocket cover still look fine, haven't discolored, and I didn't clear coat them.

Q: Matte finish clear coat on the clutch cover necessary? DupliColor, Krylon?

Guess it couldn't hurt right?
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »

sometimes those clears like to yellow... i say if it looks fine on the belt covers and sprocket cover, let it ride...

i'm no pro though...  Grin

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
skurvy

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:51 PM »

yeah I decided not to put the clear on it, I don't know how resistant to chemicals it is.... probably just as good as the stock paint/clear on the cases Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: