Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:41:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doc Wong Announcement Thread  (Read 153141 times)
docwong

Doc Wong (free) Riding Clinics

« Reply #375 on: October 30, 2017, 05:31:57 PM »

Doc Wong Braking Confidence & Skills Workshop! Thursday, Nov 30, 6:30PM

Hi,

I'm sure you're aware how to brake effectively is as important a skill as all of the other skills necessary for smooth, confident and safe riding.  I'm finding that a lot of riders can improve their skills in how and when to apply the brakes.  There is definitely a safety issue with the incorrect use of the brakes.  This causes either increased braking distances and at worst locking up the brakes prematurely, sliding out or crashing.

It's one of those skills that a lot of riders don't think of until the SHTF.  In this very unique clinic I'll be covering key points and techniques that every rider should know such as:  

Emergency Braking, Threshold Braking and Locking up the Front tire (how not to)
Braking at the limits of traction: How best to avoid crashing
Braking and Corner Entry Speed: How to Smoothly and Effectively Transition from one to the other
Critical Dos and Don'ts regarding Braking
Braking While In a Turn
Trail-braking
What Brake To Use: Front vas Rear brakes
Engine Braking
All About ABS
Braking and Downshifting
Downhill Braking

Improving riding confidence comes with knowing, applying and practicing the basic skills of riding.  With improved knowledge and skill anyone can become a smoother and safer rider.  I hope to present this vital topic to you in a way that truly improves your understanding and ability to apply this while riding and braking. This is a non-riding workshop so bringing your motorcycle is not necessary.

The Doc Wong Riding Clinics are now in it's 21st year with now over 41,000 riders having attended!  Is that cool or what?  Anyway welcome to this new clinic, I hope you find it helpful.

Yours in great health, great riding and great fun!

What: New Doc Wong Braking Confidence and Skills Clinic
When: Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 6:30PM-8:30PM
Where: Doc Wong's Full Motion Chiropractic office at 1021 Alameda de las Pulgas in Belmont
Cost: $0.00
How to signup: email me at: docwong@aol.com

Doc Wong

Full Motion Chiropractic
1021 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Belmont, CA 94002
Office: (650) 365-7775
Fax: (650) 365-7890
docwong@aol.com
www.docwong.com
Moving from Pain to Optimal Health

(Free initial consultations available to riders for health problems, just e-mail me at docwong@aol.com)

Check out the stuff on the Doc Wong (Free) Riding Clinics on my web site! http://www.docwong.com

Note: Photos for "Doc Wong Crashes" are on my web site.

See the new article on Doc Wong in Cycle World! - http://www.cycleworld.com/doc-wong-motorcycle-teacher-and-chiropractor-five-reasons-why

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To get the latest announcements on my Riding Clinics subscribe to the Doc-Ride mailing list!

Email me at docwong@aol.com to request to be added to the Doc-Ride Mailing list!

Go to: www.meetup.com/docwong to join the Doc Wong Riding Clinic community

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join the new Doc Wong Riding Clinics Yahoo Group! Go to: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/docwongRidingClinics/info to join!

**Special acknowledgement and thanks to:

Keith Code of California Superbike Schools for his help and guidance and support. The Doc Wong Street Riding Clinics are almost all based on his works. Get his books and tapes on the subject, read them and apply them....your riding will be much better for it!  www.superbikeschool.com

In memory of Gary Jaehne for his contributions to our motorcycling community!

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #376 on: November 07, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »

Doc Wong Longer Distance Motorcycle Touring Clinic! - December 7, Thursday at 6:30PM!

You're invited to:  Doc Wong Longer Distance Motorcycle Touring Clinic!

What: Doc Wong Longer Distance Motorcycle Touring Clinic!
When: Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 6:30PM
Where: Doc Wong’s Chiropractic Office, 1021 Alameda de las Pulgas in Belmont (In the Carlmont Shopping Center next to Baskin Robbins)

We love to ride, it refreshes us and helps give us a fresh outlook in
our lives. Friends are made, rides enjoyed and adventurous experiences
abound!

Our SF Bay Area gives us some wonderful riding opportunities locally
for some wonderful day rides.  But how about longer overnight rides?  A weekend
trip?  A week long trip cross country?  How about riding into a different
country?  Alaska?  Mexico?  or South America? 

Topics covered are:

How to prepare for a trip: 
  Trip Planning:
  How to Pack for a trip (clothing, safety and repair gear)
  Maximizing Comfort
  Riding gear
  Seat pads

Bikes, setup and modifications for touring
  Spare parts, tools
  Type of bikes needed
  Auxillary lights
  Windshields
  Do's and Dont's, Best Practices
  How much riding experience do you need?
  Road noise, helmets, ear buds, music?
  Hard or soft bags?
   Heated clothing?
  Bringing computers and cameras.
  Maintenance while on the trip?  Tires, repairs, services?

Going Solo?
Going with a group, finding other riders to ride with
  Radio communications?

How to avoid misunderstandings and upsets on group tours creating a wonderful experience for all.

Issues While Riding:

Pain and discomfort
  Maintaining concentration and focus
  Handling fatigue

Body position, foot peg positions
  Throttle locks
  Eating and Bathroom Breaks
  Security of parking your bike overnight
  Navigation
  Dealing with hazards, deer, etc.
  Fatigue, dozing off, zoning out

What to do about:

Long days, hot, cold, windy and rainy day riding strategies
  Emergency Repairs, flats, other mechanical
  Emergencies: SPOT, GPS
  Preparing for the unexpected
  State law differences for motorcyclists
  Unwritten Laws
  Rain, bugs
  Risks of night riding

How to handle; stiffness, soreness, cramps and pain while riding. Food, hydration, electrolytes, etc

Ride street, ride track, ride dirt, trials.....ride.....well!

Doc Wong
Chiropractic for Children and Adults
1021 Alameda de las Pulgas (In Carlmont Shopping Center next to Baskin Robbins)
Belmont, CA 94002 (650) 365-7775
(Free initial consultations available to riders for health problems, just e-mail me at docwong@aol.com)

Check out the stuff on the Doc Wong (Free) Riding Clinics on my web site! http://www.docwong.com

(See the new article on Doc Wong in Cycle World! - http://www.cycleworld.com/doc-wong-motorcycle-teacher-and-chiropractor-five-reasons-why)

-----------------------------------------
To get the latest announcements on my Riding Clinics subscribe to the Doc-Ride Mail-list!

------------------------------------------

Join the new Doc Wong Riding Clinics Yahoo Group! Go to: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/docwongRidingClinics/info to join!

Special Thanks to Keith Code, his books and school of which much of the Doc Wong Riding Clinics are based.

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #377 on: November 08, 2017, 09:59:39 AM »

Doc Wong Basic Suspension Workshop-Part 2, Dec 8, Fri night!

Topic: Basic Suspension Workshop -  Part 2

Place: Full Motion Chiropractic http://tinyurl.com/6vp36k3
          Carlmont Shopping Center (Next to Baskin Robbins Ice Cream)
          Belmont, CA 94002

Time: Friday night, December 8, 2017 from 6:30 PM-8:30 PM

Cost: the cost has doubled  ;-)   ( $0 * 2 = $0 )

How to sign up:  e-mail me at:  docwong@aol.com

Hi,

You're invited to the next:  Basic Suspension Workshop - Part 2

Here's the only catch:  It's limited to 35 riders because we will be taking apart and examining the internals of a set of forks.  Yes, you'll see the innards of the thing and see how it works to gain a deeper understanding of how suspension works.  Those who attended the last Basic Suspension Workshop (Level 1) will get first priority.  

One month there was even a guy that flew from Colorado to attend the workshop and flew back the next morning!

The Suspension Seminar Part 2, should be extraordinarily interesting tonight, I will go through the normal presentation portion of the program and will vary from the previous format by adding a lab where I'll be setting up a folding card table to perform a complete "piece by piece" dissection process on a full front fork assembly, and a rear shock assembly, while the students observe.  We'll be identifying the function of each individual item, as it's removed.  Should be a very educational experience, and rare opportunity for the riders in attendance.  I'm excited about implementing this new "twist" on the suspension training program!

I'm very pleased with the materials that I've put together so far, as I believe they will be quite effective at directly addressing the questions and issues that most motorcyclists have regarding the 'black magic' of setting up their compression and rebound adjustments, as well as other related aspects of suspension tuning.

Having attended Suspension Seminar Part 1 is not a prerequisite for coming to Part 2.

You'll also get a working knowledge of how compression and rebound works on a bike by actually adjusting the suspension.

"The format for The "PART 2" seminar looks like this:
1. Spring "Preload": "Setting proper "SAG", a quick review"
2. Compression & Rebound : "Solving the mystery"
3. Dissembling a set of forks and examining it's internals
4. Advanced suspension tuning: "Going beyond the factory": Wheelbase, Fork tube height. Fork oil level/viscosity
5. Troubleshooting common bike handling complaints (student contribution)
6. Cartridge fork dissembly
7. Final Question & Answer session  
===============================================================

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
650-365-7775
www.docwong.com

Free exams and consultations offered if you're having pain while riding or having neck, back or other sports injuries issues
To get the latest announcements on my Riding Clinics subscribe to the Doc-Ride Mail-list! Email me at docwong@aol.com to request to be added to the Doc-Ride Mailing list!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith Code of California Superbike Schools for his help and guidance and support. The Doc Wong Street Riding Clinics are almost all based on his works. Get his books and tapes on the subject, read them and apply them....your riding will be much better for it! www.superbikeschool.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2017, 10:19:40 AM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - December 3, 2017 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Cornering Confidence - Judging Entrance Speed" Sunday, December 3, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, December 3, 2017! 9am-2:30pm
Where:  Full Motion Chiropractic http://tinyurl.com/6vp36k3
             Carlmont Shopping Center (Next to Baskin Robbins)
             Belmont, CA 94002 
How to register: just e-mail me at: docwong@aol.com

I'm very excited about this month's topic! It's a key topic designed to not only improve your riding skills resulting in a better, smoother and faster rider, but to also make you a safer rider!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to: www.docwong.com for
--more info of my other motorcycling clinics http://www.docwong.com/st-clinc/index.htm
--Back Exercises that I recommend everyone do http://www.docwong.com/health/stretch/index.htm
--"Doc Wong Crashes" http://www.docwong.com/st-clinc/crash-1.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

(See the new article on Doc Wong in Cycle World! - http://www.cycleworld.com/doc-wong-motorcycle-teacher-and-chiropractor-five-reasons-why)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To get the latest announcements on my Riding Clinics subscribe to the Doc-Ride Mail-list!

Email me at docwong@aol.com to subscribe to the email list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following description was provided by Michael Nelson nelson@seahunt.imat.com

Dr. Harry Wong, a prominent Belmont chiropractor and extremely knowledgeable sport rider, is holding a monthly series of MotorcycleRiding Clinics. These seminars are FREE, and consist of a one hour lecture followed by a three hour group ride in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains.

The Doc Wong Riding Clinics are now in it's 15th year!

PURPOSE: Enhance your riding skills, increase your enjoyment, and learn better riding survival reflexes.

TYPE OF MOTORCYCLE: If it has 2 wheels and a motor, you're invited.

SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED: The bottom line is that if you can safely negotiate the mountainous roads off Skyline Blvd, then you do have the minimum skills for the ride.  Since these are not fast sport rides, any reasonably competent rider should be able to participate. We recommend that you be comfortable with your bike and knowledgeable about your(and your bike's) limitations and capabilities. If you have been riding for at least six months you've probably got the minimum level ofexpertise required. 

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: A motorcycle in good mechanical condition, helmet,gloves, heavy jacket (leather or heavy material), heavy pants, boots...in other words, sensible riding attire. If you show up in shorts, tanktop, Oakley blades and flipflops on your feet, you _may_be invited to go home. You must also have a valid motorcycle license and insurance. Full leathers are encouraged but not required. You are responsible for your own safety.

WORKSHOP FORMAT: (Each month is a different riding skills topic)

1. Meet at Doc Wong's Chiropractic oiffice in Carlmont Shopping Center at 9 AM. After signing wavers, Doc Wong gives an hour lecture on the day's riding topic. He'll also go over Riding Within Your Abilities, Group Riding, and Road Manners. You'll be asked to fill out an optional survey for riding feedback and health issues. Then we will be split up into small groups with ride leader volunteers to lead you thru the hills.

2. The Ride: You can ride at a slower pace, you don't need to feel like you have to keep up with the riders in front of you.

We'll have volunteer ride leaders leading you on the route thru the hills. Those riders will be designated to you prior to beginning theride. As volunteer riders, they are often very willing to help you inany way they can. So feel free to ask them questions on riding, the route, etc. 

It's important to approach this whole thing with the right attitude.

If one of the volunteer ride leaders talks to you, it's meant to be constructive criticism and should be taken that way. After all, the purpose of the Clinics is to improve your skills.

We try to ride at a moderate pace, and we hold the speed down on the straights to allow slower riders to catch up. We stop at any intersection where we're turning off to another road and we don'tcontinue until everyone has arrived.

We'll try to make rest stops long enough so that the slower riders will get a rest, too.

Ride Route: http://tinyurl.com/6gs5yu

From Dr. Wong's office up to Woodside Road, up Kings Mountain Road, down Tunitas Creek Road and a short stop at the San Gregorio Road. Continue on Stage Road to the town of Pescadero to Cloverdale, Gazos Creek Road to Hwy 1. Then down Hwy 1 to Davenport for lunch. After lunch, it's south on Highway 1 to Bonny Doone Road, right on Smith Grade to Empire Grade, down Jamison Creek Road to Boulder Creek, then up Hwy 9 to the corner of Hwy 9 and Skyline at the rest stop for a final meeting. After our meeting and bull session, the group breaks up and everyone is on their own. Hope you can find your way home from there!

Michael Nelson, San Francisco, CA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special acknowledgement and thanks to:

Keith Code of California Superbike Schools for his help and guidance and support. The Doc Wong Street Riding Clinics are almost all based on his works. Get his books and tapes on the subject, read them and apply them....your riding will be much better for it!  www.superbikeschool.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #379 on: November 14, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »

Doc Wong Moto Ergonomics & Optimal Riding Position Workshop-Dec 14, Th night!

I'm really excited about this workshop because of the wonderful feedback!

Not only do you get the knowledge necessary to ride with more confidence and less pain, but I'll also personally coach you on your bike.  This is an evening workshop and while we don't go out for a ride on this one, if you bring your bike, you'll get coached on it.

When: Thursday, December 14, 2017! 6:30pm-8:30pm
Place:  Full Motion Chiropractic
            Belmont, CA 94002 
            (650) 365-7775

Cost:  $0.00

This workshop is designed to help you make the necessary adjustments to your riding positons and to your bike to optimize your personal efficiency and comfort of riding your motorcycle in all conditions.

To achieve this, I'll be covering different riding styles or positions
on different bikes in differing conditions along with what needs to be changed to ergonomically fit your bike to you. Also, I'll cover the most common neck, back and wrist problems I see and what you can do to ride comfortably.

Riding Positions will include optimal positions for street, sport,
torquing, racing and dirt or dual sport riding. Which positions
produce optimum performance and which get riders into trouble along with which causes the most pain and what to do about it.

I'll demonstrate on a couple of very different bikes, a sport bike and an upright dual sport bike. That way I can demonstrate the range of riding positions and the range of ergonomic adjustments you can do to your bike. Find out how certain riding styles and poor bike setup can be hazardous and how to solve them. The end result is you being more comfortable on your bike with less fatigue and having more fun!

The ergonomics part of this workshop will cover how to adjust your bike to your body and style of riding. The ergonomics of different bike types and body types will be addressed and participants will have a working knowledge of what do do with their bikes adjustments.Optimize your bike for your riding style. Adjusting levers, foot controls, handlebar bar placements

I'll also cover exercises and stretches for you neck, back and wrists.

After the talk and demonstrations, etc., we'll go outside where you'll get on your bike and I'll coach you on body position and make suggestions on the ergonomics of your motorcycle.

Doc Wong
Chiropractor for Children and Adults
1021 Alameda De Las Pulgas (In Carlmont Shopping Center next to Baskin Robbins)
Belmont, CA 94002
650-365-7775
www.docwong.com

Free exams and consultations offered if you're having pain while riding or having neck, back or other sports injuries issues

To get the latest announcements on my Riding Clinics subscribe to the Doc-Ride mailing list!

Email me at docwong@aol.com to request to be added to the Doc-Ride Mailing list!

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #380 on: November 30, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - December 17, 2017 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Cornering Confidence - Judging Entrance Speed" Sunday, December 17, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, December 17, 2017! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

I'm very excited about this month's topic! It's a key topic designed to not only improve your riding skills resulting in a better, smoother and faster rider, but to also make you a safer rider!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--more info of my other motorcycling clinics http://www.docwong.com/st-clinc/index.htm
--Back Exercises that I recommend everyone do http://www.docwong.com/health/stretch/index.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following description was provided by Michael Nelson nelson@seahunt.imat.com

Dr. Harry Wong, a prominent Belmont chiropractor and extremely knowledgeable sport rider, is holding a monthly series of MotorcycleRiding Clinics. These seminars are FREE, and consist of a one hour lecture followed by a three hour group ride in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains.

PURPOSE: Enhance your riding skills, increase your enjoyment, and learn better riding survival reflexes.

SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED: The bottom line is that if you can safely negotiate the mountainous roads off Skyline Blvd, then you do have the minimum skills for the ride.  Since these are not fast sport rides, any reasonably competent rider should be able to participate. We recommend that you be comfortable with your bike and knowledgeable about your(and your bike's) limitations and capabilities. If you have been riding for at least six months you've probably got the minimum level ofexpertise required. 

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: A motorcycle in good mechanical condition, helmet,gloves, heavy jacket (leather or heavy material), heavy pants, boots...in other words, sensible riding attire. If you show up in shorts, tanktop, Oakley blades and flipflops on your feet, you _may_be invited to go home. You must also have a valid motorcycle license and insurance. Full leathers are encouraged but not required. You are responsible for your own safety.

1. Meet at Doc Wong's Chiropractic oiffice in Carlmont Shopping Center at 9 AM. After signing wavers, Doc Wong gives an hour lecture on the day's riding topic. He'll also go over Riding Within Your Abilities, Group Riding, and Road Manners. You'll be asked to fill out an optional survey for riding feedback and health issues. Then we will be split up into small groups with ride leader volunteers to lead you thru the hills.

2. The Ride: You can ride at a slower pace, you don't need to feel like you have to keep up with the riders in front of you.

We'll have volunteer ride leaders leading you on the route thru the hills. Those riders will be designated to you prior to beginning theride. As volunteer riders, they are often very willing to help you inany way they can. So feel free to ask them questions on riding, the route, etc. 

If one of the volunteer ride leaders talks to you, it's meant to be constructive criticism and should be taken that way. After all, the purpose of the Clinics is to improve your skills.

We try to ride at a moderate pace, and we hold the speed down on the straights to allow slower riders to catch up. We stop at any intersection where we're turning off to another road and we don'tcontinue until everyone has arrived.

We'll try to make rest stops long enough so that the slower riders will get a rest, too.

From Dr. Wong's office up to Woodside Road, up Kings Mountain Road, down Tunitas Creek Road and a short stop at the San Gregorio Road. Continue on Stage Road to the town of Pescadero to Cloverdale, Gazos Creek Road to Hwy 1. Then down Hwy 1 to Davenport for lunch. After lunch, it's south on Highway 1 to Bonny Doone Road, right on Smith Grade to Empire Grade, down Jamison Creek Road to Boulder Creek, then up Hwy 9 to the corner of Hwy 9 and Skyline at the rest stop for a final meeting. After our meeting and bull session, the group breaks up and everyone is on their own. Hope you can find your way home from there!

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #381 on: December 31, 2017, 10:56:28 AM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - January 14, 2018 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Cornering Confidence - The Steering Input" Sunday, January 14, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, January 14, 2018! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #382 on: January 15, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - February 11, 2018 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Cornering Confidence - Pivot Steering" Sunday, February 11, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, February 11, 2018! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #383 on: February 11, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - March 11, 2018 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Smooth Riding - Handle Bar Pressure" Sunday, March 11, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, March 11, 2018! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - April 15, 2018 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Cornering Confidence - Lines of Travel (2 Step)" Sunday, April 15, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, April 15, 2018! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - May 20, 2018 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Smooth Riding - Body English-Weight Transfer" Sunday, May 20, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, May 20, 2018! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #386 on: May 22, 2018, 08:10:17 PM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - June 24, 2018 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Cornering Confidence - Stable Body Position and Anchor Points" Sunday, June 24, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, June 24, 2018! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #387 on: June 22, 2018, 08:12:31 PM »

Special Doc Wong - Keith Code Workshop Sat, June 30, 1PM

Hi, I'm super excited!

So June is a very special month indeed!! To help commemorate the 24th year of the Doc Wong Riding Clinics.....

It's a done deal...Keith Code (of the California Superbike Schools) is confirmed!!! Reply NOW! to get on the list: docwong@aol.com

The number of riders IS limited. Like almost all of my Doc Wong Riding Clinics, this one will be NO CHARGE!! (I got the new Silicon Valley Scientology Event Center venue donated at no cost)

Here's the format: Keith will be on stage and sharing with us key riding tips and insights that are the key to rider confidence and skills. He'll go over his philosophy in how he developed one of the most effective and popular training methods for his race schools around the world! It's going to be very interactive, so you will be able to ask him any burning questions you have about motorcycling! Anything!

Then we go out for a ride from Mountain View up thru the Santa Cruz mountains and do a debrief meeting at the end of the ride!

I'll also need help big time, so let me know if you can help out that day. I need people to lead groups and direct parking.

Doc Wong Riding Clinic - Featuring Keith Code!
When: Saturday June 30, 2018 at 1 PM. We'll be done in the later afternoon.
Where: Church of Scientology Event Center, 1066 Linda Vista, Mountain View

It's hard to believe but true, let me reiterate:

Keith Code lectures on several vital and key factors in improving your riding and improving your cornering confidence. Then we go ride thru the hills applying the knowledge and viewpoints he's shared with us!

Ride well!

Doc Wong
------------------------------------

About Keith Code: He is the premiere riding coach, internationally renowned with race track training around the world!

He began coaching road racing in 1976. Since that time he has isolated and perfected techniques that are in common use today in motorcycling. He has instructed more riders at more tracks in more countries than anyone else in the world. Keith has been the coach for every American Superbike Champion from 1983 through 1992. He is the author of several well regarded books and tapes on motorcycle riding techniques. Legendary riders such as Wayne Rainey, Doug Chandler, Eddie Lawson and others have considered Code's instruction instrumental in the success of their careers!

There's no doubt in my mind and many others that Code is THE man when it comes to the techniques and art of motorcycling!

All for free???!!! Yes Suffice to say Keith believes in what we are doing and the purposes of the riding clinics. Read on below on what I need from you:

1. Learn a lot, increase your skills, ride better and safer.
2. Encourage your friends on the ideas I present in the Riding Clinics
about:
a. Know the symptoms of riding over your skill level.
b. Improve relations with neighbors and other users of the road
c. Learn how to ride in groups safer.

Yours in great health, great riding and great fun!

Doc Wong

Full Motion Chiropractic
Belmont, CA 94002
Office: (650) 365-7775
Fax: (650) 365-7890
docwong@docwong.com
www.docwong.com
Moving from Pain to Optimal Health

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2018, 07:37:26 AM »

Doc Wong Street Riding Clinic - July 15, 2018 Sun!

You're invited to:

Doc Wong Riding Clinic: "Cornering Confidence - Pivot Steering" Sunday, July 15, 9am-2:30pm

When: Sunday, July 15, 2018! 9am-2:30pm
             Belmont, CA 94002 

Doc Wong
Full Motion Chiropractic
Carlmont Shopping Center
Belmont, CA 94002 
www.docwong.com

Ride well! Doc Wong
docwong

« Reply #389 on: July 03, 2018, 09:15:14 AM »

Special Doc Wong Workshop: Crash Scene-Life and Death Workshop, Fri Night, July 20, 2018 6:30PM

Hi,

I lost a dear friend several years ago in a motorcycle accident and the information in this workshop may have saved his life.  Life can get pretty wild sometimes and just calling and waiting for emergency services to arrive may not be enough to save a life.  Come find out what you need to know, pro-actively, to help at the scene of a motorcycle crash and assist Emergency Medical Services.

What: Special Doc Wong Workshop: Crash Scene Life and Death Workshop
When: Friday Night, July 20, 2018 6:30PM-8:00PM
Where: Doc Wong’s Chiropractic Office
             Belmont, CA 94002
Cost: Free

To sign up for this workshop, email me at docwong@aol.com.

Special guest speaker, Paul Willett, a 20 year experienced Fire Fighter, Search and Rescue, Paramedic and motorcyclist has been at the scene of many accidents and has some vital information to share with you.  

He’ll share with you how to manage or help at the scene of an accident that may make the difference between life and death!  Much of this is not mentioned in standard First Aid/CPR classes.  This is VITAL because when help does arrive, they can be vastly assisted by your interactions!!

Paul will cover the vital topics of:

--Who’s coming when you call 911?  What agencies and what are their roles.  What you need to know.  Who responds in what area?

—How to manage or help at the scene of an accident.  What do you do before help arrives, how do you make the roadway safe and prevent secondary accidents?  When should you call 911? What do you say?  Who should call the shots before they come?  

—First Aid considerations: Should you move the rider?  Remove his helmet? CPR, trauma, tourniquets and more.  

—Communications: What to say to 911, police officers and Medics.  How to describe the crash and why this is important to medical staff.

—Gear: what protection works best?  Medical history ID.  What should be in a motorcyclist’s First Aid pack.

—Importance of speed of transport and what to do if something is wrong. 

To sign up for this workshop, email me at docwong@aol.com.

Doc Wong
Chiropractic for Children and Adults
1021 Alameda de las Pulgas (In Carlmont Shopping Center next to Baskin Robbins)
Belmont, CA 94002 (650) 365-7775

-----------------------------------------

Special Thanks to Keith Code, his books and school of which much of the Doc Wong Riding Clinics are based.

Ride well! Doc Wong
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: