Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:19:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

CA-Cycleworks

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cycleworks Monster Track Tank Update  (Read 38364 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

The fuel flange location on the s2r style tank cannot be used on an s4rs.  Interference.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
CannedIce

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »

The fuel flange location on the s2r style tank cannot be used on an s4rs.  Interference.

With our Monster Track Tank Chris was able to fit it for an S4RS. When we have it back on the market again we will get the picture of the exact set-up.

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 10:58:30 AM »

With our Monster Track Tank Chris was able to fit it for an S4RS. When we have it back on the market again we will get the picture of the exact set-up.

Interesting.  He must have moved some stuff around under the tank? 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
supperduc
Don't blame me, I am only a

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »

applause Yes!  waytogo

07 S4Rs - Commuter
06 749s - Garage Queen
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »

Big Update!

We are replacing the top mold of the tank with one that is to be cut from billet. The drawing is done and an appointment made with the toolmaker!

NOW we need to get an S4Rs into our workshop so I can laser scan (and CMM arm scan) under the tank to see what the truth is with that model. The S4Rs got the 1098 fuel flange because it's the one that the newer, cooler bikes are getting.

Once we confirm the tank will fit and work on the S4Rs, we'll design and commission a fuel flange that's a bolt on. It'll be at least $100 but will use most/all of the OEM components or we can populate it with our own parts (everything but the level sensor).

Thanks,
Chris

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:54 PM »

Yay!

Billyzoom

I'm having much more fun.

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 09:43:08 PM »

Do you need access to an S4rs?  I might be able to bring mine down for you if needed.  Let me know.  Mine's an 07.

Joel
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:57 PM »

Hi Joel,

Yes please, that would be fantastic! Let's get in touch and work out the timing and logistics.

Grin Chris

Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 10:59:11 PM »

I hear you are concerned about market... my boss is on board with this mod.

I told her I was considering making one out of metal and she said, "I thought you were buying one from that one company! Do that instead of trying to figure out how to make it pretty!"

krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »

The billet top mold is done and we're picking it up tomorrow (Friday). I'll polish it quickly and have it to the rotational molding facility next week. Then we can fill up my van with tanks to take to get fluorinated.

First batch will probably be all black tanks and a limited run of 40 tanks. We'll see how that all shakes out and go from there.

krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »

After 3 solid days of work, I'm wishing I had asked the toolmaker to leave the tool the same as when it left the CNC!! Tongue  I have most of the waves out now. There's a "path" where a small tool went a bit wild and stopped to dig in on 3 different contours which for important lines in the tank!! Power tools suck! No matter what, they always leave behind marks or grooves that take time to remove. I had to use my own tools a little to knock down some areas and got that done today.

If I can get through the 120/150 grits, life should get easier and faster with each later step...

krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »

Nice! Got all the waves and trenches gone! Done with the dry sanding (60, 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, 200, 240, 400, 500 grit) and now on to the wet sanding. A few minutes with the 600 grit is looking amazing. Hoping to have mold to the plant this week. Once we get a tank on a bike then we'll order 40 or so to go for fluorination...

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »

If all goes according to plan they will be paintable, but do you think that the paint will stick well enough to use StompGrip/TechSpec pads? 

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »

Yes. Fluorination improves surface adhesion in addition to acting as a vapor barrier.

CannedIce

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »

New blog post with pictures of Chris polishing: http://ca-cycleworks.com/blog/mtt43update2/

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: