Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 10, 2024, 12:53:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Control levers  (Read 2617 times)
alibaba

« on: December 29, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »

I am considering purchasing a pair of those adjustable control levers on eBay from Hong Kong.  I notice they are offered in both long and short versions. 

Which would be better for me?  I have small to medium size hands.

The standard levers are ok but it is a bit of a stretch for the front brake lever when
I am using a technique with my thumb on the throttle and fingers on the brake lever.

Also, anyone with any experience with these levers?
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »

I think you'll get better answers in Acc&Mods...

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

seanster
Wat???? Hero Member!?!?

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »

I am considering purchasing a pair of those adjustable control levers on eBay from Hong Kong.  I notice they are offered in both long and short versions. 

Which would be better for me?  I have small to medium size hands.

The standard levers are ok but it is a bit of a stretch for the front brake lever when
I am using a technique with my thumb on the throttle and fingers on the brake lever.

Also, anyone with any experience with these levers?

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=40977.0

Good read...I'm planning to get a pair myself since the OEM levers aren't very comfortable.

2001 Supersport 900 Yellow!!! (she's just so much fun)
2000 Monster 750 Carb Dark!!! (Sold and still full of regrets)
Twizted

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »

I have not had experience with the cheap Hong Kong levers but I did have a set of ASV shorties and they were a pain in traffic even with an aftermarket slave. Go the longer ones  waytogo
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »

Nothing wrong with running a long clutch lever and a shorty for the front brake.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
coffeegrinds

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:54 AM »

I wouldn't go cheap on the levers.  There are plenty of good companies that make great levers like Pazzo or CRG.  The cheap ones from Hong Kong probably aren't manufactured that greatly and could end up not fitting properly or breaking in the wrong spot in the event of a crash or a tip-over.

I like the adjustable levers because I like to bring the brake and clutch levers close to my hand.  You can adjust the stock levers a little by pushing the brake/clutch levers out and turning the little black dial on the lever. I can't remember in what direction you have to turn to make it closer/farther away.  But it provides a decent measure of adjustability.
Nubes

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »

I installed the m-labels shorty levers over the weekend on my s2r and couldn't be happier. Now I just have to wait for some warmer weather here in wisconsin to try them out there's plenty of positive reviews for them and I saved $100.
Goat_Herder

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »

The non-adjustable levers do have a pretty far reach, if you have smaller hands.  Your hands will feel better and less fatigued with adjustable levers.  The short and standard length levers are for preference.  Are you comfortable braking and clutching with just 2 fingers (short levers) or using all 4 fingers (standard). 

I, for one, prefer the standard length.  Having short levers makes feel unconfortable, it's like I don't have "full control".  Short levers are perfectly fine and many use them.  It's just a personal preference.

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
Skyshadow
'01 Monster 750 Dark

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 06:03:57 PM »

I like the long clutch, short brake lever idea... looks cool in my head

- Homemade Exhaust
- K&N filter
- Tail chop w/ integrated tail light
- Sliders
My rear brake is just for looks.
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 08:32:41 PM »

I like the long clutch, short brake lever idea... looks cool in my head

You really don't notice it visually but it is very functional.  The long clutch reduces fatigue in traffic and the short brake doesn't squash the other fingers for two-finger braking.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »

I have a pair of CRG shorties

and I have a pair of Mlabel shorties

from a distance, I can't tell them apart.

the difference in cost is just not warranted imho.  the Mlabel are easily just as good, and if you're tracking your bike, i seriously doubt you'll ever have any issue when you trash one and can replace it for $50

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: