Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:36:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skiing  (Read 4230 times)
WarrenJ

« on: December 24, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »

Anybody skiing yet?  I just spent the day at Cascade - conditions were pretty good for manmade snow.  Heading back out to Montana next month!!!!

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
sws

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:01:01 AM »

Nah, I haven't set up the Duc like this kid:

WarrenJ

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »

I hate it when that happens..........

gregrnel

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

Damn, I want to ski so bad, the tibial plateau fracture is going to prevent that until next year.....

2003 620ie red, cored stock pipes, Hit -Air jacket, nice deriere.
WarrenJ

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:24:24 AM »

That definitely sucks.   Went to Nordic Tuesday - its a molehill but its 15 miles away and Tuesday night is mens night - $14.00 lift tickets.  Just trying to get as much time on the skiis as possible before Montana.   Time is getting short - I'm getting excited!  The trip out to Whitefish last year was probably the most fun I've ever had in my half century of experiences.

gregrnel

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »

I've had a good habit of going to Steamboat every year, but would love to try Montana. I've heard great things about Schweitzer in Idaho for the best place to ski that you've never heard of.......next year!

WarrenJ

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 08:44:09 PM »

This will be my second trip out west - We are going back to Whitefish - very laid back - super friendly place.  3000 acres, 2500' vertical - not huge but real nice for an intermediate like myself.  Prices are very reasonable - in January, during the week we stay at one place on the hill $70/night, includes breakfast, secure ski storage with boot dryers and LIFT TICKET INCLUDED!  Its like getting paid to ski.  Amtrak goes right out to Whitefish and an outfit picks you and your stuff up at the train station and drops you off at the front door of the lodging.  You have to walk about 150 yards to where the ski trail starts to go to the lifts and you can ski right up to the back door of the house.  Its awesome.  There are several great restaurants and bars on the hill and some outstanding eateries in town. 

Amtrak has a special deal for Whitefish with 10% off fares from Milwaukee or Columbus in WI to there. 

I'll post some pics when I get back.

gregrnel

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »

Cool, sounds great $70 a night with lift tix and breakfast! I'm definitely in next year!

WarrenJ

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 05:42:19 PM »

Got back late Saturday night from Montana - totally awesome time.  They got 30" of snow while we were there.  Powder,Powder and more Powder.  As soon as I figure out how to edit and post the Gopro videos, I'll stick up a couple of crashes of my brother and myself.  No injuries, just funny.

The only thing that is a drag is the long train ride. 

WarrenJ

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 07:07:59 AM »

Spent a couple days skiing at Powderhorn in da UP aye.  Pretty good trip except for some car problems that took an extra day to repair.  Skiing was pretty nice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: