Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 07:05:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 163   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The power of orange compels you!  (Read 447745 times)
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #2190 on: April 16, 2018, 05:22:12 AM »

Glad to hear you and the bike are salvageable.

Creepy landing next to the memorial.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2191 on: April 16, 2018, 05:46:37 AM »

Good to hear you're mostly untouched by it.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2192 on: April 16, 2018, 12:09:13 PM »

Glad you’re mostly ok.

Looks like you’ll need to buy my SD as a replacement. 

Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #2193 on: April 16, 2018, 10:15:07 PM »

Well, sheet, I threw the KTM down Saturday on a group ride. Minor damages though since I had frame sliders and landed in the grass. Curled up the rear brake lever which I have already removed and realigned. Broke the throttle housing which I may need to replace. Slightly bent the right handle bar but can bend back into shape. As for me I took a pretty good whack after tumbling several times (and eerily landed right next to a road side memorial for some poor schmuck who died there).. Feels like I sprained my left knee but today it already feels much better.
My first get off in six years. Won't be the last.

Well sheeeeeeiit.   Group rides & cameras, the two most dangerous elements we deal with, not sayin' there was a camera involved now, just sayin'.  Hope you and the bike get better real soon!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #2194 on: April 16, 2018, 10:15:51 PM »

Glad you’re mostly ok.

Looks like you’ll need to buy my SD as a replacement. 

Grin

That answers one question.   Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Blackout

« Reply #2195 on: April 17, 2018, 06:32:45 AM »

We stopped running GoPros a few years ago on our rides. I've already repaired the bike except for rebending the fat bars which I will do tonight. I'm still kinda stumped as to what happened. The road surface was fine as are my tires. I'd like to blame it on the bike but that ain't right  laughingdp. damn things do have very light rear ends though.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2196 on: April 21, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »

Evil

http://racerxonline.com/2018/04/21/red-bull-ktm-announces-american-flat-track-team

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2197 on: April 22, 2018, 02:33:01 AM »

About time.

2015 Scrambler 800
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #2198 on: April 24, 2018, 04:17:58 AM »

Cool!

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #2199 on: April 24, 2018, 04:22:16 AM »

Last night was expensive.

A set of tires for the 950smr, a pair of Held Phantom 2's, a replacement Garmin 2720 for my current 2720 that shit the bed, and oil filters for every bike I own.

Still on the list is oil for everything and a set of tires for the 450/520 sumo.

And maybe another set of A* boots.

Tongue

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2200 on: April 24, 2018, 08:49:23 AM »

Talk to me about that Garmin.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #2201 on: April 24, 2018, 09:50:06 AM »

Talk to me about that Garmin.

Old as dirt. I've had it probably 12 years. UV killed the screen film and it didn't like that. 50/50 if it will work or stop working at random.

Found another one on Amazon for $50.

Works with gloves on. Will survive rainstorms.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2202 on: May 08, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2203 on: May 09, 2018, 03:33:14 AM »

Bonus Scots accent in the review.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
1KDS

« Reply #2204 on: May 11, 2018, 07:22:23 AM »

Love the sound of this thing!

Every bike I've ever owned.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 163   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: