Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 09:21:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1000ds FCR Build  (Read 100879 times)
Graymonster

« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2014, 03:14:08 AM »

Just nice to give you a gentle push D L  Grin Nice work!
All of us using hours and hours on our old beauties, are somewhat retarded I suppose... When people ask why i bother standing in a cold garage rebuilding an old bike instead of just buing a new one, I just tell them to go home and watch a tv..... They would never understand.... Smiley
Wzed

« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »

Any new developments?  Or did the build stall out?
Düb Lüv
ASE master internet mechanic

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2015, 08:34:59 PM »

Any new developments?  Or did the build stall out?

I'm just about to ship my heads to ben fox or ducshop for guides and a valve job. I would have today, but wasn't going to pay UPS $60 for ground shipping.  boo

Building, building, building
Wzed

« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2015, 07:28:06 AM »

I'm just about to ship my heads to ben fox or ducshop for guides and a valve job. I would have today, but wasn't going to pay UPS $60 for ground shipping.  boo

Did Fox do your flywheel, and did you have a chance to weigh the difference between the stock oil pump and the sbk one?
Düb Lüv

« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2015, 04:47:32 PM »

Did Fox do your flywheel, and did you have a chance to weigh the difference between the stock oil pump and the sbk one?

chad @ commonwealth cut my flywheel down. i have not weighted the oil pumps.

i talked to mark at ducshop today and the stage 3 heads are sounding pretty nice. i may just send him the heads and decide when they get there.

Düb Lüv

« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2015, 10:13:28 AM »

I'm just about to ship my heads to ben fox or ducshop for guides and a valve job. I would have today, but wasn't going to pay UPS $60 for ground shipping.  boo

crap. i did end up paying $60 for shipping but it was to ducshop and more than just my heads were sent.  waytogo

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2015, 05:39:35 AM »

How's it going? popcorn

2015 Scrambler 800
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »

How's it going? popcorn

Yes, this  Wink

Been itching to see this bike finished.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
Düb Lüv

« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2015, 06:47:11 PM »

I talked to mark @ ducshop today more about the work. I'm just waiting for an email for the total price to I can send him my deposit. After all my work on porting and polishing, the price for the stage 3 heads isn't much more than having valve guides and valve job with stock valves.

Going back to page 3 of the build, I ended up ordering the 32D fcr spigots. They should fit the intake manifolds better. Darn things are almost $65 each.

Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2015, 09:29:13 AM »

The aluminum ss swing arm weights 8.2lbs bare, and my 888 swingarm is steel. I'll weight it when I get home. Then I'll do combined weight of the suspension parts again for each set up.

Just noticed this, I didn't know you had an 888 swingarm. Do you happen to have the alloy 888 shock "turn buckle"? Would fekn love that unit for my build...

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
Düb Lüv

« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2015, 10:30:57 AM »

Just noticed this, I didn't know you had an 888 swingarm. Do you happen to have the alloy 888 shock "turn buckle"? Would fekn love that unit for my build...

I was just calling the early monster swingarm the 851/888 style. With the suspension arch.

Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2015, 12:17:38 PM »

I was just calling the early monster swingarm the 851/888 style. With the suspension arch.

Ah. This is what I'm after...to go with my S&P hoop...it will be mine someday...

memper

« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2015, 07:41:43 PM »

would it be hard to have one made? Doesn't look all that complex.

"Calling a bikini fairing on a monster a fairing is like calliing a girl in an actual bikini proper work attire....unless shes a stripper." -He Man

-----------------------------------------
Important: always check your battery filter and regularly change your headlight fluid.
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

would it be hard to have one made? Doesn't look all that complex.

Too complex for me to draw up...I can barely draw a square in CAD software, lol. And I've never had any luck finding machinists who wanna dick around with my little bike part obsessions (or tattoo machine frames for that matter)

Düb Lüv

« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2015, 10:57:51 AM »

Boy oh boy. Received my heads back from mark yesterday. I can't stop touching them.

horsepower this way  bacon

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: