Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:58:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're too stupid to... own a diesel small truck  (Read 236779 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1050 on: September 29, 2019, 07:39:16 AM »

Cool

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1051 on: August 12, 2020, 04:48:43 AM »

https://theweek.com/articles/929196/case-against-american-truck-bloat

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1052 on: August 12, 2020, 07:28:16 AM »

Nice to see you back!

Great article.  Most amazing thing is the beds are the same size or smaller.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1053 on: October 14, 2020, 11:22:12 AM »

Nice to see you back!

Great article.  Most amazing thing is the beds are the same size or smaller.

I can't stand them.  All air.  Literally.  Give me a mid-80s F150 any day.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1054 on: February 05, 2021, 06:26:30 PM »

https://www.motor1.com/news/486043/2021-toyota-hilux-at35-reveal/

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1055 on: February 05, 2021, 06:39:28 PM »

Looks good, but that's a pricey add-on!

ION, Toyota now offers a "factory" lift kit for the C/G Tacoma - basically the upgrades for the TRD Pro series, including a new grill with relocated sensor/radar for Toyota Safety System.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1056 on: February 05, 2021, 06:52:43 PM »

Looks good, but that's a pricey add-on!

ION, Toyota now offers a "factory" lift kit for the C/G Tacoma - basically the upgrades for the TRD Pro series, including a new grill with relocated sensor/radar for Toyota Safety System.

Awesome. The HiLux has the diesel option though, and quite frankly is a better looking rig. Although I do love the Tacoma TRD with the 6spd manual.

Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1057 on: February 05, 2021, 07:36:00 PM »

Awesome. The HiLux has the diesel option though, and quite frankly is a better looking rig. Although I do love the Tacoma TRD with the 6spd manual.

Agreed.  US emission and other requirements preclude us from bring HiLux stateside, from my understanding.  It is sold in Mexico, however.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2021, 02:36:46 AM »

It is sold in Mexico, however.

And over here.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
caperix

« Reply #1059 on: February 06, 2021, 06:54:34 AM »

Agreed.  US emission and other requirements preclude us from bring HiLux stateside, from my understanding.  It is sold in Mexico, however.

I think the HiLux ended up under the chicken tax as well, so adding 25% it would be hard to sell. I do not understand why Toyota chose to build a new model rather than just a new plant.
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1060 on: February 06, 2021, 09:36:50 AM »

I think the HiLux ended up under the chicken tax as well, so adding 25% it would be hard to sell. I do not understand why Toyota chose to build a new model rather than just a new plant.

Years ago, we built the chassis and cab in Japan, truck beds in Long Beach.  The beds were added at the port so final point of assembly was USA to avoid chicken tax.

I believe Ford does this today with the Transit vans, which are partially built in Turkey, then finished in the US.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #1061 on: January 24, 2022, 03:44:50 PM »

It's not diesel, but I said there was demand...  i am always right...

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/24/business/ford-maverick-orders-stop/index.html

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #1062 on: January 25, 2022, 08:44:12 AM »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/24/business/ford-maverick-orders-stop/index.html

This thing is going to be a massive hit for Ford. I'm thinking nearly Model T or Mustang big. Affordable truck that's good on gas, what a concept.

My brother ordered a loaded XLT FX4 last week. They told him it would be June at a minimum before he sees it, good thing he ordered when he did.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #1063 on: January 25, 2022, 10:30:27 AM »

You lost me somewhere  laughingdp

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1064 on: January 25, 2022, 11:54:30 AM »

This thing is going to be a massive hit for Ford. I'm thinking nearly Model T or Mustang big. Affordable truck that's good on gas, what a concept.

I'm definitely smitten! Though slightly disappointed that Ford doesn't (yet) offer the hybrid version in AWD.

As for me, my current Small Truck Diesel plans involve the '94 Suzuki Sidekick that is my current commuter/hunting truck, an engine adapter, and the dead VW TDI New Beetle we have parked with various electrical gremlins and a balky transmission - the latter, judging by the prices I'm hearing to fix or replace it, must be made entirely of cast platinum and Bitcoin.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: