Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 01:02:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School me on Jeep Cherokees  (Read 2929 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »

i saw that.. i haven't seen any turbo setups

all of the supercharged vehicles i have seen get crappy mpg.. not that that is the most important on a jeep, but i'd rather not lose it!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
A.duc.H.duc.

944 ist sehr gut!

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »

The HO was just an indication of the new intake and fuel injection system when the redesigned the 4.0 liter motor do differentiate it from the previous "RENIX" fuel system. The new system did include a very significant boost in power, without changing any of the mechanical workings of the motor, hence, high output.

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »

The HO was just an indication of the new intake and fuel injection system when the redesigned the 4.0 liter motor do differentiate it from the previous "RENIX" fuel system. The new system did include a very significant boost in power, without changing any of the mechanical workings of the motor, hence, high output.

thanks for the info.  i've seen references to the renix fuel system.  now i know.  and knowing is half the battle.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »

all of the supercharged vehicles i have seen get crappy mpg.. not that that is the most important on a jeep, but i'd rather not lose it!

True.

Based on my experience with the Wranglers, the 2.5 wasn't all that much better than the 4.0 when it came to mileage. I think I eked out 21 on the highway once or twice with the 2.5, where the 4.0 got high teens.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Kaveh

Dirka Dirka

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »

I can't see them calling an FI motor high output unless its supercharged or turboed but then again, that's marketing.

If you get a chance to drive a 4.2 carb VS a 4.0 FI, you will see the justification of calling it a "High Output"  laughingdp

Mother

Free Organic Individual

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 11:29:15 PM »

I'd drive the carbed I-6 about as far as I could kick that make the beast with two backsing carburetor

you cannot and will not tow shit with the 2.5

you want the 4 litre HO

it is the only way to go and you can get about 23mpg in the cherokee with it

plus you said you aren't interested in modding it so none of the axle preferences matter

the dana 30/35 will do you just fine

forced induction on a jeep motor is....make the beast with two backsing stupid comes to mind

it would cost less, make more power, get better fuel mileage, and last longer to drop a small block in one vs forced induction

found my old skin suit
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: