Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 17, 2024, 09:24:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diavel vs V-Max quarter mile race  (Read 12054 times)
roy-nexus-6

Ducati Monster Forum

« on: April 10, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »

That is all...  bacon  [moto]

Diavel vs V-Max quarter mile race

jvax
in the land of the rising sun

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »

I kinda thought the Diavel would win  Huh?

'08 R1200GS
'10 M796 ABS Black (Sold)
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 03:10:10 PM »

Vmax had 500cc on the Diavel... and only beat it by a tenth.  Granted, the Vmax guy's launch sucked balls.

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »

Vmax had 500cc on the Diavel... and only beat it by a tenth.  Granted, the Vmax guy's launch sucked balls.

Yeah, lets see a few more runs with different riders.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:27:27 PM »

Don't forget the VMax is 85kg heavier as well.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »

Don't forget the VMax is 85kg heavier as well.

0.72 vs 0.65

But that should only really matter on the start...

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »

0.72 vs 0.65

But that should only really matter on the start...

That is what counts most in Drag racing.  Wink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »

That is what counts most in Drag racing.  Wink

I agree, but the Vmax's additional 500cc accounts for a lot. 

5.5cc/kg vs 5.32/kg

I wonder what advantages the V4 design has over the L2, if any?

Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 05:28:46 PM »

I agree, but the Vmax's additional 500cc accounts for a lot. 

5.5cc/kg vs 5.32/kg

I wonder what advantages the V4 design has over the L2, if any?

Potential for more HP probably, but less torque.

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 05:45:06 PM »

Potential for more HP probably, but less torque.

8.5cc:cv vs 7.4cc:cv (i.e. 1700/200 vs 1198/162)

the vmax has an inefficient engine design then, because for the amount of cc:hp, they are making very little advantage over the diavel's 1198ccs.  for the vmax engine to be as efficient at making 200 hp as the diavel's engine, it should be only 1480 cc.

likewise, if the diavel engine was as inefficient as the vmax with the same displacement, it would only make 140 hp.

if the diavel engine design maintains the same efficiency with increased displacement, it would produce 230hp with 1700ccs.

rideserotta

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 05:47:41 PM »

Who cares? It's REALLY close (better pilots would/could flip the results). 99.9% of those who ride these bikes will NOT drag them. The Diavel has WAY more 'cool factor'.  

'07 Ducati GT1000
'05 Ducati Monster 620 - Sold
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »

Who cares? It's REALLY close (better pilots would/could flip the results). 99.9% of those who ride these bikes will NOT drag them. The Diavel has WAY more 'cool factor'.  

all good points (except the who cares bit).. I care because a lot of people do look at stuff like that when buying a bike.  the diavel looks nicer from many angles, but the Vmax is the bike it's competing against in the market.

rideserotta

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »

all good points (except the who cares bit).. I care because a lot of people do look at stuff like that when buying a bike.  the diavel looks nicer from many angles, but the Vmax is the bike it's competing against in the market.

You're right... I should have said "I don't care." I'm a stats junkie most of the time... overly so. In this case it just doesn't matter to me. It's kind of like the Pontiac commercials not too long ago that said the "Pontiac G6 (or whatever it was) is faster than a BMW 550 in 0-60". I don't care if it beat it in 0-60, the skid pad, Q-mile, 60-0 braking, AND number of cup holders. I still wouldn't want to be seen in it. Same with the V-Max. I can see myself riding one and saying, "Yeah, I thought about the Ducati. But, boy let me tell you, this thing right here beats the Diavel by .01 sec in the q-mile. That's why I bought her."

'07 Ducati GT1000
'05 Ducati Monster 620 - Sold
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »

0-100 mph , which is more likely to happen , they are both dead even at 6.00 seconds.
( MCN Diavel vs Vmax )
Dolph.... Smiley

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »

I would still like to see 2-3 more tries at the quarter-miler.  that's just too insignificant of a difference.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: