Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:23:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Talk me out of buying an Alfa  (Read 41128 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »

I will be moving within the next few months to Chile. As many know, it takes me forever to buy a car, since I endlessly compare and rethink everything. At first I was thinking about a GTI, small and fun that I can drive to work every day. Then I realized that they sold Alfas in Chile. I looked at a photo and instantly wanted! The Brera would be the model I would get. I'm asking my European "interwebz friends" to talk me out of it. I'm sure it will be overpriced and lacking in terms of reliability. I need more. Horror stories would be preferred. Talk me into the mre sensible GTI.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

Don't do it!!!!!

There. Did that help?  Smiley

(the Brera is hot, IMO)

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 02:09:01 PM »

I agree, the Brera is very nice looking car.  Plus, no true motor-head can live their life without owning an Alfa and experiencing the utter suffering that goes along with it.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »

You guys are not helping. I need horror stories!!!

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 02:14:19 PM »

Just go to Top Gear's web site and read up on any Alfa.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »

They love the damn thing.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »

Actually, they are just like me. Love the looks, hate everything else.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »

Face it, you're doomed.  Just buy it.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 02:24:35 PM »

Thank you Top Gear for gushing over the GTI. I can now sleep at night.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »

The Golf R is most likely available in Chile right now.   Evil

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 02:30:55 PM »

The Golf R is most likely available in Chile right now.   Evil

Is that the new version of the R32? I did not find it on the local site, so I assume it is not.

This car is going to be replacing the Monster, since it seems that riding a bike in Santiago is apparently very dangerous. So I need to replace it with something relatively practical and fun.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 03:10:34 PM »

It's the new top-end Golf, but not really an evolution of the R32.  It's gone to the same two liter turbo motor that Audi uses in the S3, and with a good bit larger turbo than the GTI has.  It's AWD as well, so it's able to harness the 260-270 hp it makes.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?1190-Golf-VI-R
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:13:32 PM by DRKWNG » Logged

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:21 PM »

Asking for sensible advice on a Ducati forum  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Alfa  waytogo drool

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 03:31:04 PM »

laughingdp Lars. That was pretty funny!

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »

Buy the Alfa.

I won't talk you out of it.

Then again, I never would  Wink

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: