Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 08:56:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm finally living in San Antonio!  (Read 9143 times)
hcomp
All this time I wondered what it was like to have a

Nothing to see here

« on: March 22, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »

Well, I have moved here and finally took the bike out for the first time today. The moving company did break off my blinker though. I just found it unfortunately. They did a hap hazard rig job to get it to stay on which pisses me off since I now have to buy a new headlight holder.  Anyway, just wanted to say hi to everyone and hopefully soon I will get out for a ride. I am currently working as a test driver for Cooper Tires, which has a testing facility down in Pearsall (54 mile ride from where I'm at and I will be commuting on my bike quite a bit). We have both a full road course and a wet traction road course which we are talking about hosting some events in the future. Don't know if anyone here wants to do track days, but the idea is on the table. Also, I was curious about the San Antonio Ducati dealer service pricing as I am coming up on my 7500 mile valve adjustment.

Thanks guys and sorry for so many questions.

にもかかわらず、私の車は本当に速いドライブ、私は女性の生殖器のようなバイクに乗る
wasabi

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:44:32 AM »

Welcome to San Antonio. I am in the downtown area. It seems as though it is hard for San Antonio Ducati riders to get together and Ducati San Antonio does not have anything set up yet to get the locals together. They did recently hire a new master certified technician and purchased a dyno machine. I will be at the Diavel night unveiling on friday night probably around 7 if you can make it.

Wasabi

'07 695 Monster
"The life of a repo man is always intense"
hiero

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

welcome ryanracer!  Very cool job!  Didn't know cooper tires had a course down in Pearsall of all places!  [moto]

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
hcomp

Nothing to see here

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:19:58 PM »

Yes sir, it has been there for 11 years.  The road course is only 1.3 miles, but is long enough to have some fun.  I haven't taken the bike out on it since I have only had my bike there twice.  I drive it almost everyday in a car, but I really want to get the bike out there. Nothing like having a track at your disposal after work. Maxxis tire was at the facility doing some wet motorcycle testing two weeks ago and I only had a few minutes to watch.  Their test rider was damn good considering it was a wet surface. Never seen anyone with lean angles like that in the wet.  

wcw

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:18:40 AM »

Welcome Ryan!  Although I'm trying to sell the Monster, I'm interested in what comes of allowing people to use the track!  If the Monster goes I'd LOVE to try the Multi down there   Smiley

Diavel Carbon Red
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »

Man I want your job..

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
Greg

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:07:47 AM »

Welcome to SA. Once I get the bike out of the shop (ECU flash) we can hook up and go for a ride in the hill country. Track day sounds like fun  waytogo

Update: Bike is back from the dealer and running great  waytogo Let's try and ride this Saturday ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:16:26 PM by SA_S2R » Logged

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
hcomp

Nothing to see here

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »

I might be up for a short ride. I'm in Alamo Ranch so more on the west side.  I just saw a young guy at Panda Express that had a Red S2R. Looked brand new and all his friends were there looking at it, so maybe he just picked it up? Who knows maybe he'll end up on here somewhere.

Greg

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 04:26:36 AM »

I might be up for a short ride. I'm in Alamo Ranch so more on the west side.  I just saw a young guy at Panda Express that had a Red S2R. Looked brand new and all his friends were there looking at it, so maybe he just picked it up? Who knows maybe he'll end up on here somewhere.

No problem - I'm in Helotes a couple exits up from you. There is also a group ride that meets at the Exxon on the corner fo 1604 & 16 usually around 9:30,  we can either join them or go out on our own.

Greg

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 06:46:11 AM »

Also, I was curious about the San Antonio Ducati dealer service pricing as I am coming up on my 7500 mile valve adjustment.

You will be looking at around $550 for a complete service. Which bike are you riding? I'm assuming an M1100.

Porsche Monkey
JuddDdd likes my

The DMFer formerly known as Ducaholic

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »

Welcome to San Antonio.  What kind of car (s) do they have you doing the tire testing on?  Some local track days would be excellent.  I should be able to join in a short ride on saturday.  Sunday Im autocrossing. 

if I had a vagina...I'd never leave the house

Greg

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 03:26:11 PM »

There is a group ride meeting at the Exxon on the Corner of 1604 and 16 at 9:30. If it's not raining I'll probably be there, unless anybody wants to do a seperate ride.

Porsche Monkey
JuddDdd likes my

The DMFer formerly known as Ducaholic

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »

Doesn't sound too bad. Lemme see what happens.

if I had a vagina...I'd never leave the house

hcomp

Nothing to see here

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »

You will be looking at around $550 for a complete service. Which bike are you riding? I'm assuming an M1100.

Sorry about the delay.... No a 696 - I just got quoted 1,500.00 for the 7500 service from S.A. (quite a bit high - by about a grand...) - Ususally I would do everything but the belts, but time for me is like a gram of cocaine to Whitney Houston - not near enough (too soon?) - So I may just have them do that, but that quote was even a bit high.

Welcome to San Antonio.  What kind of car (s) do they have you doing the tire testing on?  Some local track days would be excellent.  I should be able to join in a short ride on saturday.  Sunday Im autocrossing.  

We use - C63 AMG, Bimmer M3, Mustang GT, Mustang V6, Honda Civic, Ford F-150, Chevy 3500, Honda Fit, Ford Ranger, Dodge Durago, Infiniti FX35, and several variations of Jeeps...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:09:47 PM by ryanracer » Logged

cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »

Let me know how the durango testing goes..  also, im going to pm soon with a ?

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: