Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 07:21:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Ride  (Read 6300 times)
WarrenJ

« on: March 17, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

I rolled the Monster out of the garage this afternoon, aired up the tires and took a spin - fog and rain be darned!  It felt like 100 pounds had been taken off my shoulders and I couldn't stop smiling.  A positive day after months of pretty dark stuff!

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Schmitty

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 05:54:55 PM »

Yeah, I moved the bike from inside the house to the garage yesterday.  Rain threatened all day today, so I have some time to clean 'er up in the next few days.   waytogo
gregrnel

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 07:28:27 AM »

Picking up mine from Duc MKE tomorrow, hopefully. 12K service. [moto]

2003 620ie red, cored stock pipes, Hit -Air jacket, nice deriere.
WarrenJ

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »

Just thawing out from a 50 mile spin this afternoon.  A little rusty and lots of sand in the intersections.  Picked up a new helmet from a DMF member - an Arai RX-Q - noticably nicer and quieter than my old HJC CL-15.  I'm cold, but I'm smiling!  Slimy Crud Run is the 1st Sunday in May.......

WarrenJ

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 03:09:25 PM »

Got another 30 mile spin in this afternoon but it looks like thunderstorms tomorrow, decent Monday and snow Tuesday through Thursday.  I hate March.

WarrenJ

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »

Well I put 150 miles on the bike before the storm and I spent all day skiing at Wausau today.  Its time for some consistent riding weather!

Queestce

Rocket Riding Rotary Renegade

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:18:05 PM »

You guys gotta come to Australia! Here we never have to take seasons off riding. Its brilliant so long as you can put up with the snakes on the roads...

Enjoy the warm weather!  waytogo

Tk
WarrenJ

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 05:42:35 AM »

Greetings Queestce!

I actually love winter, I cross country and downhill ski, ice fish, hunt, etc. but when March rolls around with its usual turmoil of warm, cold, thunderstorms, ice, blizzards, mud all within a few weeks, it gets tiresome. 

I'd love to ride down there but you guys drive on the wrong side of the road and being on the bottom of the planet, I'd be afraid of falling off. 

Actually, there is a slim chance, I might end up down there for a short consulting job in Brisbane.  I'll have to see if I can find a program for learning to speak Australian before I go down there!

Have a great day and keep the rubber side down!

WarrenJ

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »

Well it was finally "nice" enough to go for an 80 mile spin tonight.  I was a little chilled by the time I got back, but at least I was riding!

scduc

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »

With the good rain storms lately, I bet the roads aren't looking too bad? I dont think I'll have mine ready for at least another month.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
WarrenJ

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 07:23:26 AM »

Still lots of sand and gravel at the intersections and some curves.  I've been taking it pretty careful.  Hit one spot of wet sand that had drained across the road from the melting snow.  Back end stepped out a bit and gave me a little bit of pucker.

WarrenJ

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 07:56:04 PM »

Hope you guys got out and rode a bit today.  I had a great ride before the tornados came in.  Weather was warm and I finally felt comfortable on the bike after the winter layoff.  Took a 130 mile spin to the Wisconsin River and back - rode some fun twisties that felt good, rode fast on some straigt empty roads, was a bit of a hooligan a couple of times - just a great, happy ride.  It felt good not to be frozen after the ride for a change.

loki1957

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »

I only got 40 miles yesterday but I've had my Paso out about 3 times this nasty, cold spring. We haven't gotten Linda's Monster out yet.
WarrenJ

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »

Glad you got out!  I've got about 500 miles on already but most of them were pretty darn cold. 

loki1957

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »

It's got new tyres, starter motor,and rebuilt carbs. It runs so much better now. Hopefully no more trips to the dealer in the back of my van. I did run out of gas already this Spring though. That was most troublesome.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: