Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 08:27:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use this Budget LED Taillight  (Read 2108 times)
gr1976

« on: April 02, 2012, 06:04:27 PM »

anyone use one of these? I have a motodynamic  on my s2r,  but am looking for one to use on a project bike and wonder how they compare..

http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/itl-d99.htm

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:21:37 PM »

i bought one and it's fine.  no instructions so you have to poke a bit with the wires to figure out which is which and there is only one ground, but it's a good replacement for the original.  visibility is decent.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
NAKID

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:18:40 PM »

Yeah, for $30 i'd say it's worth a shot. Hell a stock red tail lens from Ducati is $20...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
ajw85

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

Does what it is supposed to do and has held up to the vibrations of the bike so far.

The plugs it ships with don't match with the wiring harness, so you'll have figure that out.

I took a trip to radio shack and bought $5 in parts to prevent hacking up the OEM wiring harness, but I'm sure soldering would work fine.
Africaboy

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 06:24:44 AM »

I have one and its been great. Kapsco has a bricks and mortar store just outside Toronto. His budget bar-end mirrors are also OK.
Cheers
Mark
ajw85

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 04:50:54 AM »

Update on the KapscoMoto Tailight after a year:
I noticed something rattling from the rear of my bike. Isolated it to the LED taillight.
I thought maybe the cover snapped in or something as there were no screws securing it to the base, with a slight tug it came off. It does not snap it, it is glued.
Both ceramic resistor covers (heatsinks?) had somehow released themselves from the giant resistors and were rattling around inside the cover. Put them back on with some high temp adhesive and reattached the cover with superglue.
All that has apparently fixed the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: