Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 11:24:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: West Coast DIMBY!! - May 27th - 30th!! - PICS START ON PAGE 21  (Read 162559 times)
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« on: February 28, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »

WEST COAST DIMBY!!

Memorial Day Weekend
Friday May 27th - Monday May 30th

Where is it?

The 2011 West Coast DIMBY will be hosted by SacDuc and Polpetta in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA. Map HERE. If you are going to attend just send me a PM and I will send you the address. We are just a few blocks from the beach and less than a mile from the harbor.

How can I get there?

MOTORCYCLE: Ride your bike dummy! There are at least two people riding down from the Bay Area as well as folks coming from MoorPark and Ojai. If you are coming up from LA you should pack a sweater. And rain gear. Maybe a lunch. And your GPS.  Ah screw it, you should probably take the car. cheeky

CAR: We Have friends driving in from both San Diego and the Bay Area. If you want to hitch a ride I can put you in contact with these people.

TRAIN: The Amtrak station is about a mile from our house. If you want to take the train in we'll be happy to pick you up. OR the Santa Barbara Ducati Dealer is right next to the train station. And they rent Hyper Motards and Multistradas!

Where can I stay?

OUR HOUSE: So here's the deal, our house is tiny. 1100sqft. And our lot is only a 1/4 acre. But if you can find a spot to pitch a tent or a space to lay a sleeping bag/air mattress on the floor it is all yours. Or you could call dibs on the hammock on the front deck. The cool part is that we are only a few blocks from the beach and have ocean views from the front and back yards. All are welcome. Crash where you can.

CAMPING ELSEWHERE: There are some beautiful places to camp around here. I personally don't work hard all year just to pretend I'm homeless on the weekends, but you can find places HERE El Capitan is just gorgeous.

HOTELS: So you don't want to stay in a tiny house with three huge dogs, huh? Being a tourist town, there are a lot of hotels nearby, but that weekend they are likely to be expensive. But everything from a Motel 6 to a five star resort is available. I suggest booking a room early and using expedia, travelosity or hotels.com to find a deal. This site might be helpful: http://www.santabarbaraca.com/hotels-and-hideaways/

Can I rent a bike?

Hell Yeah! Santa Barbara Ducati is just down the road from our house and they rent Multistradas and HyperMotards. CHECK IT OUT

What is going on that weekend?

FRIDAY NIGHT: Friday we will likely just be eating, drinking and being merry. There are plenty of clubs and bars to hit if that is your thing.

SATURDAY: Big ol' bacon breakfast. I suspect people ill be trickling in throughout the day. Then there are options. I'm thinking the MOTORCYCLE MUSEUM in Solvang would be in order. The run up the 154 has some nice sweepers and some nice scenery. Perhaps some beach time if'n y'all want. Then booze. Lots and lots of booze.

SUNDAY: Group ride in the morning!  A parade pace from Hwy 101 to the 150 out to Ojai. Breakfast at Eggs n Things. Then it is high speed twisty time up the 33. [moto] Back in Santa Barbara there will be lots of music, food, drink, hookers, blow, goats, Mongoloid Dwarves and mashed potatoes, because that's what kind of party this is going to be. I will be spatchcocking things. Also, there will be squirt guns filled with bourbon and a few prizes to given out for things like "longest traveled" "most modified bike" and "Angriest German".

Who is going to be there?

The committed:

SacDuc
Polpetta
Bacon Junkie
Slowpoke
DanTheMan
Jimbo
NoisyDante
Elizabeth (polpetta's friend)
Sandra (polpetta's friend)
Sara (polpetta's sister)
Orangelion +1 (probably in a car because his bike is unreliable)
Crowbar (a definite maybe)
awall (+ friend)
I to the mothermake the beast with two backsin' Z y'all
Mr. It +1

You?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 11:20:21 AM by SacDuc » Logged

HATERS GONNA HATE.
slowpoke13

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »

I'm in. But, bike still isn't legal. I may just come up for the drunken festivities.

slowpokesan
Polpetta

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »

Well maybe you can tool around on my 71 CB if she is street ready!  cheeky
You know you have to be here right?   waytogo
Post up for attending!   Evil
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »

poop Cry

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Billyzoom

I'm having much more fun.

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »

interested!
slowpoke13

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:38:12 PM »

Questions:
If I don't want to stay in a small house with your three huge ass dogs are there hotels near by?

sac

I know a teacher...

slowpokesan
DanTheMan

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 09:44:25 PM »

You have backyard camping?

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 09:47:46 PM »

You have backyard camping?

Yep. Anywhere you can find a spot feel free to pitch a tent.

sac

HATERS GONNA HATE.
The Bacon Junkie
I have a Bacon Wrapped

Save the brass...

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »

poop Cry
Huh? Tongue Angry Cry
interested!

waytogo  You can always stop here the night before, and ride up with me the next day.  [moto]

I only see jesus having a sauna with a teletubbie.
I find it disturbing that you're imagining me in a sauna, never mind the teletubbie aspect of it

Save the Brass...
hbliam
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »

This group is worthy of a Guy Webster collection viewing. Might want to see if he is going to be in town that weekend.
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 02:07:55 AM »

This group is worthy of a Guy Webster collection viewing. Might want to see if he is going to be in town that weekend.

Hmmm... Ducati's, food, booze & the 33 you say?!?  My attendance is contingent on lots of things outside of my control....  BUT, I do still have Guy Webster's info and he likely remembers WC Dimby 1...  Sac, PM me and we'll discuss that possibility.  

Thanks hbliam!!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 07:13:09 AM »

Huh? Tongue Angry Cry
 waytogo  You can always stop here the night before, and ride up with me the next day.  [moto]

I alway have to work weekends Undecided Cry

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
The Bacon Junkie
I have a Bacon Wrapped

Save the brass...

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 07:20:49 AM »

I can arrange a "sick" day for ya...  I'm really convincing!   Wink

bacon

I only see jesus having a sauna with a teletubbie.
I find it disturbing that you're imagining me in a sauna, never mind the teletubbie aspect of it

Save the Brass...
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 08:07:26 AM »

I alway have to work weekends Undecided Cry

I'm still inviting Uncle Norm. hat size helmet does he need?

I know a teacher...

laughingdp

HATERS GONNA HATE.
DanTheMan

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 08:12:05 AM »

Yep. Anywhere you can find a spot feel free to pitch a tent.

sac

hehe.... i can pitch a tent anywhere.

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: