Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 06:18:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LED Tail light/Turn Signal  (Read 7208 times)
Bogie

« on: February 02, 2011, 02:25:08 PM »

Can anyone recomend a good intergrated LED TAIL Light/Turn Signal for the Monster (preferably the older style)?  Last post I saw was from 2008 and I know alot has changed since then.  Thanks
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »

Maybe not... the previous generation Monster doesn't see many new aftermarket parts being made.
I try to stay updated on new products and can't say I've heard about new lights.

Call Jeff and ask his opinion about lights....
http://www.monsterparts.com/c/Elec-Head-Tail/Elec-Head-Tail.html

....or
http://www.desmoworld.com/shop/de/ducati-monster/s2r-s4r-s4rs-1/elektrik-1/rucklicht-2

Before I got my ViziTec taillight (not made anymore) I had Clear Alternatives, but some people have bad quality experiences with them.

Other than the ViziTec, I have not seen integrated turn signals working well. The light output is too weak and positioned too close to the center - could be a safety concern - IMO. (sorry, had to be mentioned)

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Timmy Tucker

Banninated

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:20:37 PM »

I have the Motodynamics V2 on my '99 m750. Installation couldn't be any easier as long as you read the directions. Works great, lights are plenty bright. (wish I could say the same for my front turn signals  bang head) I like the attention-getter flash when you put on the brakes. I like to think it helps w/ the cellphone-impaired make the beast with two backstards behind me.

94-07 Ducati Monster Sequential LED Tail Lights with Smoked Lens

Here it is on my bike:

1999 M750 - "Piggy"
2007 S4RS
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:41:01 PM »

+1 on the motodynamic just fitted one with a dark smoke lense waytogo

http://www.motodynamic.com/index.php?cPath=17&osCsid=kovajoaeoc4sci1cl3p008mqi4

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
Monster Dave

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:51:25 AM »

I've only had one, but been very pleased with it. It's a Clear Alternatives dark smoke tail light/turn signal.

Check here:

http://stores.motolume.com/Categories.bok?category=Ducati+Tail+Lights:Monster+(except+for+696/796/1100)&nval=22_3

Works/looks just like this one:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:54:18 AM by Monster Dave » Logged
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 11:41:11 AM »

I have the Motodynamics V2 on my '99 m750. Installation couldn't be any easier as long as you read the directions. Works great, lights are plenty bright. (wish I could say the same for my front turn signals  bang head) I like the attention-getter flash when you put on the brakes. I like to think it helps w/ the cellphone-impaired make the beast with two backstards behind me.

I've had bad experiences with the MotoDynamics unit... The glued-on lense would literally fall off.  They replaced the first one for free (and left me with the guts), so when it happened again I just modified the unit so I could put a screw on clear alternatives light.  Just had unsolder and extend the leads on a few LED's for the lens posts to fit.  But still, I was really unhappy with that fact.

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
Hank025

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »

Whats the consensus about the Ebay tail lights from China?

2007 S2R 1000
Raux
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:12 PM »

when i went to the Intermot here, i saw several chinese companies that supplied lights. all DOT or Emarked and several that I recognized as OEM.
I would say that buying direct from the source isn't a bad idea, just make sure you get the one's that are marked for your area if you get inspected.
Bogie

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »

Has anyone used Lightwerkes?

http://www.monsterparts.com/p/TLDMON/Light+Werkes+LED+Integrated+Taillight.html

Or MotoTuner?

http://www.moto-tuner.com/product_p/mt-lt-5060ledw.htm

How can you tell which tail light assembly's are good? Or do you have to physically see them to know they are bright enough?  Is there a rating which can tell me the brightness, like  lumen?  Thanks.
Timmy Tucker

Banninated

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »

I haven't tried the tail lights, but I've got chinese turn signals up front. They look great and were dirt cheap, like $18/pr. However, the chinese shit is rarely exactly the same as what's pictured in the ebay listing. I got these these, even listed w/ the same pic (different seller though):

Despite what the pics show, they only have 6 led's in them. They're so dim that you can't really see 'em on a sunny day. Night time is a non-issue though.

1999 M750 - "Piggy"
2007 S4RS
Heath

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »

Is there a way to turn off the brake flasher on the Motodynamics one?  Seems like the Motodynamics paired with a ViziTec SupaBrake flasher would be the best of everything.  Even though the flasher costs as much as the taillight.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Timmy Tucker

Banninated

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »

Not sure. I'll check this evening after it stops raining.

1999 M750 - "Piggy"
2007 S4RS
eyduc

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »

For my brake flasher, I wired in a Tridon EP35 electronic flasher.  It is only $7 or so on eBay or $10-12 at the local auto parts store.   For an LED brake, you still need a resistive load to trigger the flasher.   Also, on mine I needed a diode to isolate the circuit from the running lights.
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »

The best ones made IMO

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/store/home.php?cat=383

"But sire what are we to do.  You have taken all our weapons and now the heathen hordes are at the gate.  Are we to lie down and give them our lives.  Without weapons they will make us eat ourselves."
Chris in SCruz

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 09:39:06 AM »

Can anyone recomend a good intergrated LED TAIL Light/Turn Signal for the Monster (preferably the older style)?  Last post I saw was from 2008 and I know alot has changed since then.  Thanks

I've had a Clear Alternatives integrated unit on one of my bikes for a couple years & have no complaints.  As a result, I just bought a similar unit, with smoked lens, for my 99 Monster.

Keep in mind for most of these you'll need to do something about your license plate light. Some of the little white LED strip-things out there are junk & don't last long. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: