Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 15, 2024, 09:05:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spotted  (Read 128316 times)
Mother
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 10:10:34 AM »

Mo is gravity's whore
desmosome

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »

I think the monster was screaming "get these damn fairings off of me... they don't belong!"   

laughingdp laughingdp

What kind of an idiot would put fairings on a monster anyway.... that is just pderbyerous.
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 12:52:41 PM »

Dude.... you looked good. If not for the rain... you would have been fine. From my vantage in the turn 3 box the racing line was dry but there was standing water on the outside of all the corners. If you guys could see the track from our vantage point... the dry lines were really obvious.  I think they would be smart to get feedback from the corner workers to the riders. It sucks that I could be sitting in the truck with Blinky and know which riders were going to go down based on which lines they took.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 05:02:27 AM »

How does it go?... 'if you're not on the edge of crashing your not pushing it hard enough'.

Mo 'ill nail it, takes a bit to crack the code which he will.

Good job brother Morilla, glad your okay... you are okay right Huh?

Vino! like this one  Smiley

I heard one of the instructors at the PSSR track day telling a rider that you should only ever ride at 80% of your skill level.  As you get better that 80% gets better too and then you're racing!

Made sense to a chicken-shit like me  [moto]
bnbmike

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 08:40:10 AM »

I think 80% skill riding is a safe way to go on the street/ twisty road riding.  If you are not riding at your best in a race, you are left in the dust.  When I did endurance racing I drove 99% in the daytime, 97% at night and 100% at dusk and dawn.  We had to save the car for 24 hours, but if we didn't place in the top 3 we didn't make any money.

BTW I hate when people say "110%."  That's all that says to me is they are stupid.

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 08:44:46 AM »

we saw a red monstah (620?) on hwy 30 yesterday around 6ish. didn't get a good look at what the rider was wearing.

Darkhorse den mother
NEIKOS
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 08:46:36 AM »

BTW I hate when people say "110%."  That's all that says to me is they are stupid.

I read a great presentation once that someone posted . . . they made it from an engineering perspective and used numbers etc.

In the end the numeric value of Bull Shit = 110%  Grin
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »

i spotted an m750 carbie outside the "klamath justice court" this morning in klamath falls. had temp tag on, and the gold-ish tank.

anyone,......... Huh?

update: saw the same bike parked in front of Bullet rentals and sales later today
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:34:55 PM by herm » Logged

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
ryandalling

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 12:05:13 PM »

I rode my SV around the block the other day... with no fairings on... no blinkers... no mirrors... and no plates... and they guy at the gas station asked me if it was a monster.  waytogo

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 10:10:49 AM »

Riding home from work, Sunday afternoon (Mother's Day) and I see a GXR coming the other way, do the 2 finger wave and he flips me off!  He was leaned over on the tank, left hand fold across his body, flips me off, then folds his hand back down... So much for world peace, eh?

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 11:15:42 AM »

Two-finger wave... is it possible he couldn't see your hand clearly and thought you were flipping him off first?

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Then again, he was riding a Gixxer...  Roll Eyes

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
ryandalling

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:39 AM »

Hey now... uh... I got nothing... carry on.

Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »

05-08-08 6ish... Monster dark w/silver high mount Termi's on  I205 to SR500.  Me-Red 695, red fauxhawk on teh helmet.

That was me! I finally made it here. The rough start-up at 'the site that shall not be named' kinda lost me and I didn't really find out about this site until last night when I stopped by Maurice/Cierra's place. I agree we should meet up some time, I actually thought that was you from your post a while back when you saw me going th other way on SR500 in the rain. I will be dropping off my 620 at Daric's on Saturday and won't get it back for a while. I am having electrical problems and have to get my tires swapped too.

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
driza

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »

Spotted Billy around 70th and SE Harold riding his dark.  Probably just picked up a baggy from felony flats, jk. 
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »

Two-finger wave... is it possible he couldn't see your hand clearly and thought you were flipping him off first?

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Nope, my wave is low, down to the left, definately couldn't be confused as 'the finger'... his was most definately upward, single middle digit maneuver... Oh well, not losing sleep over it, I have enough stress in my life, just thought it was interesting...

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: