Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:34:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn signals flashing when turning bike off.  (Read 2039 times)
VeryMetal

« on: December 10, 2010, 09:41:36 AM »

I recently acquired a 2005 S2R 800 that I am loving. Sometimes when I turn the bike off the turn signals will flash 8 times then stop (seems to happen on the right side of the bike exclusively). It doesn't seem to happen every time. I don't know if it's some kind of 'message' or if it's an electrical fault or something like that. I don't remember it doing this a few weeks ago. Bike starts and runs fine. Any ideas as to what's going on?

2002 Ducati Monster 750ie Dark
2005 Monster S2R Dark
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 06:30:19 PM »

Zombie thread alert!

06 S2R 800, just under 40k on the chassis, notionally 15k on the engine (and it feels healthy enough) from an SS800.

I've been having this issue, but I changed a bunch of stuff at once. The bike ran fine but for a couple of strange electrickery "tics," among them this turn signal flashing business.

So, today on the commute home I was overcome by the hoon on my shared, private, no-speed-limit-having access road... and the bike just quit. At first it refused to accelerate, and then shut off completely.

Nothing. No lights, no starter, and the dash is immortalizing the speed I had achieved in conjunction with RPM.

I called my local rescue provider, and he came to tow me the mile or so home. As I was waiting, I teased out the main fuse from under the tank (ST tank has a protective cover and I didn't have the allen wrench to remove it) and it is fine. I tease out the fuse box (some might consider the under-tank organization of wires and such to be defined by the word "janky") and all the fuses look good.

I took off the seat to look at the battery (li-ion, and that's where it fit) and at first glance it looks fine. Back in the garage I look at it again, and the "marine grade" battery lead I used (one of these) has melted all the insulation off the black wire and it has a break.

Theory: The turn signal flashing is telling us the voltage from the battery is not right after turning off the bike. In my case because the wire was the wrong size for the application. In other cases, maybe battery, and maybe other connections.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 06:55:52 PM »

There is a post here in tech regarding the immobilizer. . check it out

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 07:03:42 PM »

Yeah, I've had immobilizer issues when the fuse blew due to shorted license plate wires. The bike kept running (with no dash), just would not start.

Pretty sure that's the issue.

Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »

Actually, I am no longer sure that is the issue...

I need to update my build thread... Off I go with the typing...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: