Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:51:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trailtech Vapor Complete Rolling Write-Up  (Read 52815 times)
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »

Once again, sorry if this sounds really stupid, but how do I know if it has an immobiliser or not?Huh? My bike is a 2000 900Sie if anyone can help.

The immobilizer showed up in 2002 on all FI Monsters (S4 all the way down to the 620)

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 06:06:44 AM »

First test fit of the painted cowl! Needs a slight adjustment on the mounting holes, it's shifted ever so slightly in one direction. Overall though couldn't be much happier. Now if that damn connector would get here I can finish this up...

Here are some pictures to tide you over.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:14 AM »

Looks great!!   waytogo

Maybe a little trim around the bottom of the windscreen to keep both it and the light housings from getting scratched by vibrations?

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Artful

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 06:38:25 AM »

Haha already trying to track down some rubber stripping Smiley If you have a source don't be shy about it  waytogo Looking for something rubbery, not the plastic door trim you find at the auto stores.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 07:02:47 AM »

Haha already trying to track down some rubber stripping Smiley If you have a source don't be shy about it  waytogo Looking for something rubbery, not the plastic door trim you find at the auto stores.

I've used rubber tubing from the lab, but not for protecting visible surfaces.

If I find anything, I'll post up.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2011, 09:25:52 AM »

Snag a piece of silicone tubing off ebay intended for vacuum lines.  Slit it in half Smiley

Bike looks good!

Artful

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »

Tapping my nerdy younger days I picked up a piece of neoprene fuel line from nitromethane R/C cars at my local Hobby Works (www.hobbyworks.com). Should work like a charm and hold up nicely to UV and vibration.

Artful

« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2011, 09:56:16 AM »

Fuel tubing worked great, didn't snap any shots last night as it was dark in the garage and snow outside this morning. Pics pending.

Good news! Tyco connector showed up (12 days from Germany for reference). Don't have the bike at the office to triple check but it looks like the right one to me.

Should be able to get working on the harness this week in the evenings, pictures will show up as progress is made.

The pins are pretty tiny and close together, this will test my soldering abilities.

Artful

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2011, 07:35:28 AM »

Here's the harness schematic as it sits right now... 99% sure everything here is correct, if you see any errors let me know.

THIS SCHEMATIC IS WRONG. 99% my ass lol. Page 6 has the correct schematic for fuel injected bikes.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:20:52 AM by Artful » Logged

djrashonal

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2011, 01:28:39 PM »

thats pretty damn amazing!

01 SSSSSSS4 - Sold
'09 Triumph Bonneville
S2R800 dark - searching for
silversled

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2011, 06:18:22 PM »

I got my Tyco in the mail today too even though I also desoldered one from a crashed instrument cluster (now I have two connectors)....planning a Translogic MD2 dash install myself.    Grin
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2011, 09:53:03 PM »

I gotta say that diagram inspires me to make a similar one for the Motogadget... Or better yet, a generic one.

The downside is I have an older (01 monster) and without first hand experience with the newer wiring, I'm hesitant.

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
S2daRk

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »

I gotta say that diagram inspires me to make a similar one for the Motogadget... Or better yet, a generic one.

A Motogadget diagram would be awesome  bow down
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »

I'm on lunch break... let me see what I can do...

Artful

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »

I can't see it being THAT different from the Trailtech one, should be relatively easy to transfer the design.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: