Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:23:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 7 trackday photos  (Read 4380 times)
dallas2r

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »

The thing is that I really like that shot, and I don't really want to "give it up", if you know what I mean.  I haven't photographed much since the accident at TWS, so part of me just wants to have something new to call my own work, warts and all. 

Incidentally, that's pretty impressive cloning you've done there!  The gas container, sidestand, uhaul letters...  It really does clean up the composition a lot.

Hmmm.... let me think about all this for a little while longer

ahhh no worries Andre...  I totally understand where you're coming from. I've got a zillion other ideas that need attending to anyways. Can't wait to see more great shots!  waytogo

Thanks for the compliment.

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
rsoffar

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 09:02:27 AM »

I hadn't really thought too much about it, other than I kept going back to that shot. A strong composition will hold your gaze. Start from there and you can't go wrong. I played around a little and came up with this. Not saying the final would look like this but I like where it's going. I'd really just like to get something along these lines and maybe output something on canvas for the garage. Lemmee know what you think.

thats some pretty good photoshop work there. do you work in photography or some other art related field?

'00 M900s
rsoffar

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »

oh and those are some great shots andre... what camera are you shooting with out there?
i can only imagine it cant be too easy getting sweet shots of bikes flying around the track out there haha
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:05:57 AM by rsoffar » Logged

'00 M900s
AndreRA3
The DFWM envoy to Belgium!

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 09:16:16 AM »

Yeah, I'd guess that he works in graphic design, photography, or another similar field.  He's got a good eye and the skills to match, obviously.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments, rsoffar!  I'm using a canon 5D nowadays, and this time I only used a 50mm f/1.4 lens.  I've also used a no-name 400mm  t-mount lens (bought for $30 in "ugly" condition) and have had nice results with it, provided I'm stopped down to f/11 or smaller.

rsoffar

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 09:46:15 AM »

oh sweet, i have a few friends up in ny working in the photography field...and i have been at a design firm for the past couple of years and will be attending pratt institute in the fall up in ny so i always enjoy meeting other ppl that dabble in the arts  waytogo

'00 M900s
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: