Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:53:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REXXER problems - help!  (Read 43940 times)
mickb

« on: October 10, 2010, 01:40:51 AM »

I tried to relash ECU of my M1100S, but although it appears to have disabled the exhaust flapper valve, I still have the same rev limit, even though the map should have set it to 9500rpm.
It also only took about 2m, but the manual (German!) appears to indicate it should take about 25. Also, when I connect to PC, I get a 'Read Access Violation' error message when I click link.

I've obviously contacted Christian, but would would love to hear from those (Ung, DuKnaked) who've used this..... Smiley
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:08:44 AM »

Having given Christian massive kudos for his absolutely awesome initial assistance..... I'm make the beast with two backsing pissed off with having waited three make the beast with two backsing weeks to not get any answer from him regarding my reflash glitch - not major, but nevertheless it still deserves some attention to rectify.... or even some response other than "I'm very busy".  We're all very make the beast with two backsing busy.  But those who neglect the customers who pay them will soon find themselves not so very make the beast with two backsing busy anymore.  End rant.

Two minutes to do the reflash?  That sounds about right..... maybe 2 1/2 minutes... its pretty quick.  The 25 minutes they refer to is the Rexxer uploading the stock mapping before it then loads the reflash.... and as we know... this initial stock map backup feature does not function with Siemens ECUs.

Hmmm "read access violation"?  Not seen that.....  how do you revert back to the stock mapping?Huh?  

You said in another post that your "welcome" screen changed after your reflash... and you've confirmed that the ECU no longer looks for the exhaust servo.... so it seems to me that your reflash has worked alright. On complettion of the reflash, did your Rexxer display a screen like this? 

The unchanged rev limit is most likely due to Rexxer.... forgetting.... to include the raised limit in the tuning mapping you ordered.  

Just out of interest, did your Rexxer reflash include deleting the closed loop?

I'm afraid your only solution is having Christian rectify these issues for you.  Stay on his case!  I'll be ramping up the heat on him pretty soon too.  Keep us posted.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 02:31:25 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
mickb

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 02:32:00 AM »

Hey Unge,
Thanks for the super-quick response. Yes, I believe it probably did the reflash ok, and it may be just the limit wasn't set in the new map.
However, it's a bigger concern that as I can't get the link function to work, I can't either revert to stock map, or reload a new, corrected map, so I'm stuck with what I've got for now  Sad
I haven't had a test ride yet, so don't know how its affected performance / respone.

With regard to 'deleting the closed loop' is this something I should have explicity requested in the map?

cheers.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:11:05 AM »

However, it's a bigger concern that as I can't get the link function to work, I can't either revert to stock map, or reload a new, corrected map, so I'm stuck with what I've got for now  Sad
Agreed. This is a serious omission - you paid for a device which would "save" the stock mapping so that you could revert back to it if need be.  Since for Siemens ECUs the Rexxer will NOT automatically do the stock mapping back-up prior to sending the "tuning" map reflash, Rexxer's work-around seems to be to email you a copy of your stock mapping so that you can reload it to the Rexxer via their software package, and from there reflash your ECU back to stock.  Did they email you the stock mapping?  So.... to get what you paid for.... you do have to be able to "link" to the Rexxer device via their application.  I've done this flash-unflash-reflash several times, so I know it works.  You loaded the USB driver for the Rexxer device correctly (its not entirely plug-n-play)??  See DucNaked's tutorial here >>  http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=42608.0

With regard to 'deleting the closed loop' is this something I should have explicity requested in the map?
Only if that was your aim.  For me that was the primary reason for reflashing.  What was your motivation for reflashing your ECU?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:41:42 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

mickb

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 05:25:52 AM »

Good news!

After downloading the latest version of the s/w from the Rexxer site, the Link function now works, so I've saved the copy of the map they created. I've also got a copy of the orig map I asked them to send. This at least means I can either revert to orig, or upload a modified version when they mail it out.

The main purpose of the remap was to:

a) remove flapper valve
b) increase rev limit to 9500rpm
c) delete closed loop to allow future 'flexibility' (PCV)
d) remove lambda sensors
Link

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 08:57:09 AM »

I also have some of the same problems Ung & mickb are having. And I have also been busy and still haven't got the stock map that was emailed to me loaded onto the Unit. The re-flash worked great with the pre loaded map closed loop in place. I was emailed the map for removing the closed loop system but after hearing Ung's problem I want to wait to see what happens. My question for you guys is if I download the emailed maps to the Unit will I loose the map that was pre-loaded on the Unit ? I still have not yet got the usb drive located for the unit so I can't connect unit to computer for down loading maps to it anyway but I don't want to loose the map I'm running now. I was planning on getting the usb drive working today.
 Thanks
Raux
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 09:15:57 AM »

ok back from Intermot

Christian had already jumped ship, but talked to the guy from Italy there. I explained to him the situation and he knew the two cases of you guys.

I also explained that Christian has been abit remiss in getting back to you and that's not good customer service. With the Protune now available, he needs to have better CS or lose customers to Protune, WHICH will do the exact same thing with the exact same results as the Rexxer. PM me and I'll tell you why.

The actual producer will be getting a call from the guy I spoke to.

The producer is in Italy, Christian is based in Germany. So you are going third party talking to Christian as far as problem solving. The units are produced in Turin, Italy.

bonus for me: They invited me to come down and tune for a custom map when I change the exhausts and airbox.
mattc7

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »

Protune, WHICH will do the exact same thing with the exact same results as the Rexxer. PM me and I'll tell you why.

The producer is in Italy, Christian is based in Germany. So you are going third party talking to Christian as far as problem solving. The units are produced in Turin, Italy.

bonus for me: They invited me to come down and tune for a custom map when I change the exhausts and airbox.

So Protune and Rexxer are produced in the same place is what it sounds like.  Who does the actual production / do they sell direct products, or is it all through another party.

Should be interesting to see where this goes. I'm waiting to see the outcome before committing to a rexxer or the like, but am very interested in the possibilities.  Wish they had a tune facility here!
Raux
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »

So Protune and Rexxer are produced in the same place is what it sounds like.  Who does the actual production / do they sell direct products, or is it all through another party.
no comment Wink and no they don't

Should be interesting to see where this goes. I'm waiting to see the outcome before committing to a rexxer or the like, but am very interested in the possibilities.  Wish they had a tune facility here!
i think from what i saw, they are aware of the problem and desire to fix it, question is how soon. IMO I expect something this week after talking to him. I emphasized the forum is VERY interested in the product and very interested in the lack of communication by Christian as of late.

on their radar.
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

Protune and Rexxer are the exact same hardware.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
DucNaked

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 11:14:02 AM »

My question for you guys is if I download the emailed maps to the Unit will I loose the map that was pre-loaded on the Unit ?
Yes, you should have him email you both maps you purchased.

I'm still very happy with my purchase. My bike is running better than it ever did.
I still would like to know if the closed loop portion actually gone or just fattened up in that range. My hope is that it is, and the ecu is just expecting some sort of input from the sensors which results in these quick errors.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
Raux
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »

those errors are what I explained to the guy today.

I used your guys' feedback on here for information.

I also will be sending the forum links for the problems to him.

Link

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 12:29:03 PM »

Yes, you should have him email you both maps you purchased.

I'm still very happy with my purchase. My bike is running better than it ever did.
I still would like to know if the closed loop portion actually gone or just fattened up in that range. My hope is that it is, and the ecu is just expecting some sort of input from the sensors which results in these quick errors.

Thanks, He only emailed me 2 maps stock map & no closed loop map. But my main problem is right now is the usb driver will not load so I have no acess to any map except the one that was pre-loaded. I've tried everything I know, when searching my computer for the C:/Daniele-Moto folder it opens up what came on the CD and there is no usb driver to be found ?? I'm pretty frustated at this point and am waiting for Christain to get back to me.

But otherwise I am very very happy the way the bike is running now. It's also good to know that ProTune is the same as Rexxer
DucNaked

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 02:55:22 PM »

The hardware is the same. I believe they have proprietary software respective to each brand and develope maps independantly.

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »

The hardware is the same. I believe they have proprietary software respective to each brand and develope maps independantly.
^^ This is also my understanding.

ok back from Intermot

Christian had already jumped ship, but talked to the guy from Italy there. I explained to him the situation and he knew the two cases of you guys.
Thanks Raux for taking the trouble to go into bat for us waytogo. I really appreciate your effort to get these issues progressed for us  waytogo waytogo waytogo

Was the guy you spoke to.....  Marco Daniele??

Understood.  The hardware for both Rexxer and Protune is identical.  But my understanding is that Rexxer in Germany develop their own software and adapt mapping in-house based on work from Termi and Zard.  Not so?

Thanks again Raux  chug

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: