Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:53:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M1100 Starting Issue  (Read 6123 times)
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 02:13:06 AM »

I haven't had any problems since I flashed my ecu.
^^This.  (Or any one of several other tried and tested methods of modifying the fuelling).

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Barney

when in doubt, pin it

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 12:25:15 PM »

my stock '12 throws that code every now and again... enough to be annoying but not enough to warrant me doing anything about it yet...i always chalked it up to it just being an italian pregnant dog... my last dirt bike before the ktm was a 2005 honda crf250r with a complete worked engine and no electric start - sometime's I'd have to kick it 20-30 times or more to get it to fire up...but when it did, holy makes the beast with two backs...

anyway, back on topic - turning the thing off and on again isn't such a big deal to me, but i'm gonna keep an eye on this thread

12 M1100EVO
09 KTM 200XC - sold. I cried.
70 Honda 450 Scrambler
omegaescobar

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »

Was there ever a new development with this? I have an M1100 with the racing ECU and have these issues  laughingdp Rather embarrassing when I want to brag about her and she wont start lol.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 04:39:23 PM »

just FYI and my version of this.

I have an S2R1000 and it started like butter. When I swaped to the m1100 EVO motor the bike never ran right, even though it was dynoed and perfect idle and operationally, it always had difficulty starting.

Recently I tried to tackle this issue and found that the wire that connects the starter relay to main harness was absolutely trashed. I cut it open and every strand was covered in black soot likely from over loading. I guess the wire has been stressed and heated up and just  got trashed from high resistance.

I used a welding cable and jumped the two terminals on the starter relay and the bike starts like a dream so it must be signal from the the ecu (which is taken from the starter button) that keeps going in and out due to the high resistance and it mimics a low battery even though my battery is higher cca than stock M1100EVO and passes a load test.

Anyway, I ordered new diodes and will be rebuilding that portion of the starter later this week. I expect my bikes starting issues to finally be resolved after this. Famous last words though!

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: