Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 01:42:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heat resistant washers for exhaust cover?  (Read 5166 times)
JimmyTheDriver

« on: August 30, 2010, 05:40:04 AM »

Howdy!

I recently purchased a used Termi Shorty that was missing some of the mounting hardware.  Specifically, two m6 bolts and what appear to be heat resistant washers which are used to hold the carbon cover on.

I figure fiber washers might work, but is smells like they are burning... bad.  I am having trouble finding something better.  Anyone have an idea as to where I can get heat resistant/non metal washers?

Or...is it ok to use a metal type washer on the carbon?  It would basically be the mounting point on the exhaust pipe, then the carbon fiber cover, then a metal washer mashing it all together.  I figure with all the vibrations, I should not use metal on carbon, but I really have no idea.  If I could get away with a standard washer and some loctite to keep in on, that would be great.

Side question - could it be the carbon fiber that smells?  Given how close it is to the hot pipe, if not touching in some spots, I just assumed it was heat resistant.

Thanks!
Jimmy
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 07:19:21 AM »

You should be able to get some of the washers at a dealer.
I know S2R bikes use them on their heat shields.
They're a green fiber washer.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
JimmyTheDriver

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 03:18:26 AM »

Termi replied to my inquiry and said they are "aramidic washers".  Interesting.

"In the assembly kit there are :

2 washers 6x12
2 round headed screws M6x12
2 aramidic washers 16x8.5x2

I think that you will be able to find these items in an hardware store, we cannot sell directly to you, please try to contact your Ducati dealer."

Speeddog - PM sent.  I am having trouble tracking these down.  If I paid you, could your shop toss a few in an envelope and sent them my way?

-Jimmy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: