Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 04:07:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 861 times)
plyfold

Hi!
« on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »

Hi all, I'm brand new here, never been on a forum before.
1st and current bike is an S2R 800, had it since new (06) it is currently unmodified but that might have to change...
its done 11,600 miles, is used for commuting and I've never had a single problem with it - to think i was nearly put off by a guy in the office for reliability issues!
Live in Aberdeen, age 31 and have a 2 year old son (he loves the bike)
James.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

Hi!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 05:01:36 PM »

Welcome James! Smiley 
You might want to start a new thread with your introduction.  Don't be shy. Wink
Glad to hear your S2R is working out well for you.  Feel free to share any bike pictures you have as well. waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
alinnj

Hi!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »

Newbie here to forums.
I'm Al in NJ with a 2000 M900S...got it in 2002 with 2500 miles on the clock.  Upgrades include a Forza head-back exhaust, Corbin seat, 14 tooth front sprocket, and a tail chop kit.  I run it naked...no fairing or monoseat cover.
A few weeks ago I was blistering down the interstate and when I entered my exit I gave a pull on the front brake to slow down, there was nothing.....the lever adjusting pin in the brake handle vibrated out.  One can imagine my surprise with only a rear brake at hand (or foot so to speak).
A trip to my local dealer (they are getting far and few in NJ) showed I had to buy the entire lever assembly to get the adjusting pin.  135$ for an adjusting pin...any suggestions?
Thanks   
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

Hi!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:32:06 PM »

Newbie here to forums.
I'm Al in NJ with a 2000 M900S...got it in 2002 with 2500 miles on the clock.  Upgrades include a Forza head-back exhaust, Corbin seat, 14 tooth front sprocket, and a tail chop kit.  I run it naked...no fairing or monoseat cover.
A few weeks ago I was blistering down the interstate and when I entered my exit I gave a pull on the front brake to slow down, there was nothing.....the lever adjusting pin in the brake handle vibrated out.  One can imagine my surprise with only a rear brake at hand (or foot so to speak).
A trip to my local dealer (they are getting far and few in NJ) showed I had to buy the entire lever assembly to get the adjusting pin.  135$ for an adjusting pin...any suggestions?
Thanks   

Welcome Al, that sounds pretty scary, glad you made it ok.  I had a mechanical issue with my brakes a couple of years ago, that was no fun. Tongue

I suggest posting your question up in the Tech forum and maybe also post something in the Parts Wanted section, hopefully someone will have some ideas for you.

Good luck! Smiley

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: