Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:35:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tires!!!  (Read 4782 times)
kp

« on: August 23, 2010, 04:51:54 AM »

hey all, I need some new tires on my '06 M620, and I'd appreciate some input. I'm riding to the women's sportbike rally in a few weeks and I have enough rubber to get me there but don't want to worry about them when I'm there. I witnessed 2 road fatalities on I90 a few weeks ago due to tire blow outs and don't want to chance it.

The bike had Pirelli Diablos when I bought her and I now have Pilot Roads 2CT's. Now that
I've done some track days, I'd like more grip. A few of my friends run either Power Pures
or Corsa's. The rally involves a few days in Deal's Gap, so I'm looking forward to hitting
the Tail of the Dragon.

thanks!
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:31:56 AM »

2ct's imo  bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
Schwanger

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:36:28 AM »

I just put a set of Power Pures on at the beginning of July and I love them.  The straight Pilot Powers are a good tire for the money.
kp

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 05:40:55 AM »

thanks guys, I went with Power Pures.
dgm

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 06:44:35 AM »

thanks guys, I went with Power Pures.

happy with those power pures on your 620?  I'm in the same boat right now.  Have the BT016r's on my 696 now, but just about ready for new ones.  Strongly considering the pures, but have been pretty happy with my 016's too.  Can't decide. 

2009 696, Termi CF Pipes ECU Intake, Woodcraft Rearsets, Fender Elim, Shorty Pazzo Levers, CRG Lane Splitters, DP Low Seat, Powder Coated Bits, Speedymoto Frame Sliders, Rizoma Front Sliders, Rhinomoto Rear Sliders, Shorai Batt, Billet Oil Cap, iPhone Mount, LED Blinkers, Leggero Sprocket Cover, TPO Corsa Crankshaft Cover, Canister Delete/Euro Shroud, 14T Front Sprocket
kp

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 07:02:55 AM »

yes, I've been pretty happy with them. A few mild track days and a trip from MN to NC on them and they performed wonderfully. My fav is still the Pirelli Diablo's though, for the stickiness. sometimes it just comes down to how fat my bank account is and who's having a sale on what tire.

I run the BT003's on my track bike though.
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »

if you want the stones call Kyle at 2k in richfield.  he's the b-stone dealer so chances are you won't find a better price. bacon

Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
CRA Expert #2
kp

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 07:23:13 AM »

if you want the stones call Kyle at 2k in richfield.  he's the b-stone dealer so chances are you won't find a better price. bacon

I concur!   Martin just ordered a set of the new R10's from Kyle for BIR on the 17th.
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 11:59:12 AM »

werd up.  I'll be there running my dunlops....because i like tires that last..   cheeky  Mo you goin?  I have some take offs if you are looking bacon

2009 Framstad Cup winner
CRA Expert #2
fasterblkduc

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

I concur!   Martin just ordered a set of the new R10's from Kyle for BIR on the 17th.

I talked to Martin at the track, he was very happy with the tires.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
kp

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »

yup! he loved them, switched over at noon.

So proud of him for winning the rider's challenge!
dgm

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »

well, I ended up with the Pures and took them to the track yesterday.  I have to say I was very happy with them.  It was probably my most confident track day yet.  While I wasn't unhappy with my BT016's at all, these seemed to instill confidence that I never quite had with the BTs. 

2009 696, Termi CF Pipes ECU Intake, Woodcraft Rearsets, Fender Elim, Shorty Pazzo Levers, CRG Lane Splitters, DP Low Seat, Powder Coated Bits, Speedymoto Frame Sliders, Rizoma Front Sliders, Rhinomoto Rear Sliders, Shorai Batt, Billet Oil Cap, iPhone Mount, LED Blinkers, Leggero Sprocket Cover, TPO Corsa Crankshaft Cover, Canister Delete/Euro Shroud, 14T Front Sprocket
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: