Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:48:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 696 Rearset thread. (most offer 1100 also)  (Read 44728 times)
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

Bike sold - But I'm still lurking.

« on: August 11, 2010, 11:55:33 AM »

I will attempt to list every rearset that is currently available for the 696 along with photos and lowest listed price (USD).
I would like to get technical and compare the mounting height of the rearsets. Being some of the lowest stock rearsets on any streetbike I have ever ridden Those who track may want to seek a higher mounting rearset.

*regardless of whether or not the aftermarket rearsets have a passenger option the Style&Performance passenger sets can be used with any rearset. ~$200 shipped to US.

Woodcraft CFM - $440 - no passenger option
These are from what I understand the highest sitting rearsets raising 2.5" up adjustable +- 1/4"
I own these and they are awesome - perfect for the track.

CORSE rearsets - $480 - passenger option
I believe doworkson has these installed. Maybe he can shed more light on height compared to stock.

CNC adjustable - $518 - Passenger option

Ducabike - $622 - passenger option

Metaltech - $670 -  No passenger option

Rizoma - $790 - Passenger option

Sato - $600 - Passenger option

Style and perfornamce - $656 - Independent passenger peg option that wrks with all rearsets. (thanks Raux)

S&P passenger sets.

Desmoworld Rearsets - $634 - No passenger option

BellissiMoto Rearsets. - $2,200 - passenger option ($3,150 total)

Let me know if I forgot any manufacturers. I'll add any forgotten to this post to keep everything together.

J4Race.com (no price provided) - No Passenger option

Updated with dedicated photo links.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:39:20 AM by Veloce-Fino » Logged

Is this thing on?
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:00:40 PM »

I'm really tempted to buy the woodcraft sets sue to the greatly raised height allowing much more clearance not to mention the low price but I do occasionally ride with a passenger so at the same time I am leaning towards something offering a passenger option. The fixed only footpegs are also a downside in the event that the bike is dropped. I am unable to tell if the footpeg is replaceable or is it is machined into the rearset.

Edit*

Footpegs are replaceable and a hinged version can be installed is preferred.

With the woodcrafts a pressure switch will need to be purchased separately in order for the rear brake light to light when the lever is depressed.  

*This is the pressure switch that fits the 696
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productID=D+20-01011-52
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:36:00 AM by Veloce-Fino » Logged

Is this thing on?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »

Gilles Tooling?
They offer the widest range of adjustment avilable.

Doesn't the S2/4R rearsets usually bolt on to the newer Monsters?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Raux
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:38:03 PM »

correction. style and performance has a passenger peg set that is independent of the rider set. so you can use it with any of the sets below.
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:05:57 PM »

Gilles Tooling?
They offer the widest range of adjustment avilable.

Doesn't the S2/4R rearsets usually bolt on to the newer Monsters?

Gilles tooling only offers an 1100 rearset option.
correction. style and performance has a passenger peg set that is independent of the rider set. so you can use it with any of the sets below.

I really like the idea of those passenger sets. Any idea how they mount?

It appears that they might use the factory holes in the frame. I'll have to look closer when I get home from vacation.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:34:45 PM by Veloce-Fino » Logged

Is this thing on?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »

Gilles tooling only offers an 1100 rearset option.

..... which are the same as their S2R/S4R rearsets, which again usually fits 696 also (yes/no?)

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »

..... which are the same as their S2R/S4R rearsets, which again usually fits 696 also (yes/no?)

This is what is listed on their primary distributor site.

VCR38GT Rearsets BLACK Monster 1100 2009 & up-- does not fit 696 model

Is this thing on?
Raux
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »

I think the rearsets I have from S&P are the S4R rearsets they made

for the passenger set it uses the four bolts that hold the rear subframe cross brace.
jakem696

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 07:04:12 PM »

Anybody know how much the S&P Passenger sets sells for?

09 Dark M696
    Tail chop
    Full Termis exhaust Kit
    14t front
    CRG Bar end mirror
    Woodcraft Rear set
    Belly Pan
88 Honda VFR400R(NC24)
90 Honda VFR750R(RC30)
danaid

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 08:54:10 PM »

Sato makes passengers for there rear sets. Cannot post pic, here's the site tho.

http://www.satoracing.com/rearsets_ducatim696.htm

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
mattc7

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 05:20:35 AM »

Where can i get this?

How much?

I need a set of passenger pegs to mate to woodcrafts so my girl stops begging me to put the stockers on and take her for a ride
dennisd

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 09:57:53 AM »

I'm really tempted to buy the woodcraft sets sue to the greatly raised height allowing much more clearance not to mention the low price but I do occasionally ride with a passenger so at the same time I am leaning towards something offering a passenger option. The fixed only footpegs are also a downside in the event that the bike is dropped. I am unable to tell if the footpeg is replaceable or is it is machined into the rearset.

I have the Woodcraft rearsets.  I wanted to get rid of the passenger pegs.  I'll NEVER haul a passenger on my M1100.  The pegs are bolted to the bracket from the back side; it uses a single bolt and a pin.  When the bolt is loosened, the peg rotates on the bolt to several different positions giving you the position adjustment.  You then line up the pin with a hole and tighten the bolt.  I'm 6 foot tall and even though the Woodcraft are high, it is still more comfortable for me.  Instead of my knee hitting at the junction of the frame and tank like with the stock footpegs, my knees are now in the cutouts in the tank like they should be allowing me to grip the tank with my legs.

Current: '14 M1200S; '09 BMW R1200GSA; '06 Harley Roadking; '02 Suzuki SV650N; all the others sold
Raux
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »

check out www.styleandperformance.it
they have a shop with prices.
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »

I have the Woodcraft rearsets.  I wanted to get rid of the passenger pegs.  I'll NEVER haul a passenger on my M1100.  The pegs are bolted to the bracket from the back side; it uses a single bolt and a pin.  When the bolt is loosened, the peg rotates on the bolt to several different positions giving you the position adjustment.  You then line up the pin with a hole and tighten the bolt.  I'm 6 foot tall and even though the Woodcraft are high, it is still more comfortable for me.  Instead of my knee hitting at the junction of the frame and tank like with the stock footpegs, my knees are now in the cutouts in the tank like they should be allowing me to grip the tank with my legs.

I may have asked you before, but did you install a pressure switch for the brake light or just not bother?

Is this thing on?
dennisd

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 03:40:48 AM »

I may have asked you before, but did you install a pressure switch for the brake light or just not bother?

Someone did PM me about that, maybe it was you.  Anyway, yes I went with a pressure switch.

Current: '14 M1200S; '09 BMW R1200GSA; '06 Harley Roadking; '02 Suzuki SV650N; all the others sold
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: