Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 20, 2024, 11:30:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Budget levers....what do you think??  (Read 38389 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 03:30:24 AM »

They are properly sized for the ever growing in popularity urine test we all so badly want to pass. 

I've had to do a few of those for clearance, I always fill them crazy full.  The snap cap models are the best.  You fill it until the liquid is bulging on top then snap the top down -- some will squirt out so use a paper towel.  There is no way for them to open it without spilling your piss.   waytogo

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DarkStaR

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 04:47:36 AM »

So we're at the 5th page, and not a single pic of these...  Roll Eyes

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »

I'll try and get some pics up tonight  waytogo

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
speedknot

If a Honda= rice burner, then what is a Ducati?

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »

I just ordered a set of these yesterday.  They're coming from HK so it will take a while.  From the pics on ebay, they look like they might be decent quality levers.  We'll see once their installed.  For under a $100 clams, shipped, its worth a shot.  As soon as I get these mounted, I'll snap some high res pics.

2001 Duc M750, Harley Forty-Eight, 1976 Honda CB400F-SS, 1975 CB360T
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2010, 01:19:16 AM »

That's what they all say... Smiley

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2010, 01:57:26 AM »

I'm starting to think they don't really exist. laughingdp

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 02:00:53 AM »

Oh, how we get reeled in...!

speedknot

If a Honda= rice burner, then what is a Ducati?

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2010, 07:42:54 AM »

To all you naysayers...  Here they are.  I just got these today, from Taiwan.  Took a few weeks but it was well worth it.  For under $100 a pair, shipped, these cant be beat.  The quality of the materials and the workmanship is very good.  Stainless hardware, roller bearing, nice CNC work, rock solid but lightweight.  I haven't seen the CRG or Pazzo levers up close but judging from pics, I would venture to say that these are pretty close in quality.  Maybe a slight step down, finish wise.  I don't want to speak too soon because I haven't installed them yet but so far I'm very impressed.  I'll post pics with them installed soon. Smiley

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:44:42 AM by speedknot » Logged

2001 Duc M750, Harley Forty-Eight, 1976 Honda CB400F-SS, 1975 CB360T
Artful

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2010, 07:50:56 AM »

Fffffwwoooooooooooo........... *holds breath*

I keed I keed, they look great. I just placed my order, race you to see who gets theirs installed and posts pictures first? Wink

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
truckinduc

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2010, 08:43:49 AM »

Can you flip the 3 bolts in order to give a cleaner look?
Artful

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2010, 08:58:19 AM »

If not I'm sure a cap screw would be an option.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2010, 09:15:39 AM »

If not I'm sure a cap screw would be an option.

you'd have to get shorter screws for a cap screw.  but I have to say that's a fugly oversight on their part.  flip them and use low profile socket cap screws.

DarkStaR

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2010, 11:16:19 AM »

I'm pretty sure that's the bottom of the lever with the nylock nuts.

None of those pics are of the top of the lever.

Artful

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2010, 11:25:27 AM »

you'd have to get shorter screws for a cap screw.  but I have to say that's a fugly oversight on their part.  flip them and use low profile socket cap screws.

Just chop the screws down a bit with a Dremel and you're good to go. Just make sure to clean up the threads with a bastard file. Also kinda surprised they would have a big honkin' nylock nut on there, but hey, I guess that's why you're getting them for so cheap.

Also correct that that would be the side that's facing down, so it might not be so egregious of an oversight when installed.

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 11:26:07 AM »

Does the clutch side have the switch enable tab thingy?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: