Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 11:08:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 787431 times)
red baron

« Reply #8685 on: May 29, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »

Busy pressing 147's here.

More time with the G29 this week.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8686 on: June 12, 2020, 10:16:51 AM »

Is that 1911 done yet?

We need pics.  Grin

It’s pretty much finished. Did some test shots the other day. Still needs some tweaking, but it’s a sick build. Should be able to start running it hard soon.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8687 on: June 13, 2020, 10:48:04 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8688 on: June 15, 2020, 10:55:49 AM »

It’s pretty much finished. Did some test shots the other day. Still needs some tweaking, but it’s a sick build. Should be able to start running it hard soon.

Shocked  drool  Shocked  drool

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #8689 on: June 18, 2020, 08:53:24 AM »

Shocked  drool  Shocked  drool

Right?!?!?!?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8690 on: June 24, 2020, 08:15:56 AM »

This just cracks me up....

https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/hi-point-handguns/9mm-OGYC.php

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8691 on: July 03, 2020, 10:37:03 AM »

Duck-EZ

« Reply #8692 on: July 03, 2020, 11:05:56 AM »

Hey Zilbert. It may be too late. Did you ever look at this forum http://458socomforums.com/index.php It is not as active as it used to be, but there is a lot of knowledge on there. I had an upper made by SSK industries ages ago when barrels were not as common. BTW there are oversized receiver pins that make the the swap even a quicker breeze.
Have fun!
So the .458 SOCOM thing is much closer to reality.

Checked out what Brownells had available and with the XL upper being "dirt cheap" and the barrel/bolt combo being less than $250, I went ahead and ordered them.
Now I just need the BCG and then to pick out a front guard and a charging handle and I will be able to pop the 2 pivot pins, swap uppers and can even use the same 5.56 NATO mags I already have.

Ammo still isn't cheap but 300+gr vs 77gr makes for a lot more short range stopping power and if I ever want to start doing ELR shooting, I can look at buying a bolt action .50 BMG or a .338 Lapua for that.

2006 Black N Tangy S2RS
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8693 on: July 17, 2020, 04:02:17 PM »

Ammo is a constant challenge now. The distributors I use are doing what they can to keep up. The main issue now is primers, or lack there of. Since I run a minimum of 600rds of 9mm a week it’s becoming more and more difficult to stay supplied. Unable to shoot this week (dry fired my ass off), but I have some on the way. FFF

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8694 on: July 29, 2020, 04:00:11 PM »

red baron

« Reply #8695 on: August 12, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »

Ammo is a constant challenge now. The distributors I use are doing what they can to keep up. The main issue now is primers, or lack there of. Since I run a minimum of 600rds of 9mm a week it’s becoming more and more difficult to stay supplied. Unable to shoot this week (dry fired my ass off), but I have some on the way. FFF

I called CCI since my stash of primers is lower than I would like, they said they're running about 10 million primers a day! Shocked

Even projectiles are getting tough to locate, but I'm kinda particular.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8696 on: September 22, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #8697 on: October 14, 2020, 11:18:17 AM »

Blows my mind.

In February, SPG had Wolf 9mm FMJ on sale for $120/1000, so I ordered 15.  They sold out and backordered it.  I've been re-confirming that damn backorder every time they email me.  They've sent me 4 of them so far, and I just got a notice they were sending 2 -- they are currently selling them for $500/each. 

Wolf is not my preferred round, but it is something to shoot.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8698 on: October 14, 2020, 11:26:26 AM »

Blows my mind.

In February, SPG had Wolf 9mm FMJ on sale for $120/1000, so I ordered 15.  They sold out and backordered it.  I've been re-confirming that damn backorder every time they email me.  They've sent me 4 of them so far, and I just got a notice they were sending 2 -- they are currently selling them for $500/each. 

Wolf is not my preferred round, but it is something to shoot.

Folks I know in the industry that buy multiple calibers of bulk ammo are saying it might night settle down till this time next year. Others have said by spring.

Freedom just posted some 115gr More than double the normal cost.
New .65
Reman .59

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #8699 on: October 14, 2020, 11:33:46 AM »

Folks I know in the industry that buy multiple calibers of bulk ammo are saying it might night settle down till this time next year. Others have said by spring.

Freedom just posted some 115gr More than double the normal cost.
New .65
Reman .59

Well, it depends on whether or not there is some action to restrict the sale of ammo between some random date in January and then..  some have said that they will restrictt mail order of ammo and require in-person purchases only.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: