Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 05:04:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 788816 times)
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8565 on: May 29, 2019, 11:30:22 AM »

So I hear....my cheap is probably a little more than some folks' cheap though.  Wink

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8566 on: May 29, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »

So I hear....my cheap is probably a little more than some folks' cheap though.  Wink
I RSO'd a Precision Rifle match at the club last weekend. Some of those guys scopes cost more than my SBK when I bought it.

Listen to D. Cheap glass is not a savings.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8567 on: May 29, 2019, 12:15:06 PM »

waytogo

Trouble is, rehabbing my gigantic, rotting, cedar deck this summer is going to eat up any and all fun money for the foreseeable future.  Tongue Tongue Hence the thought of something a little less extravagant for glass now and upgrade later once I get more time with the gun.

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8568 on: May 29, 2019, 12:26:35 PM »

waytogo

Trouble is, rehabbing my gigantic, rotting, cedar deck this summer is going to eat up any and all fun money for the foreseeable future.  Tongue Tongue Hence the thought of something a little less extravagant for glass now and upgrade later once I get more time with the gun.
Problem with that is you still end up with a scope you don't really want, which amounts to throwing away good money.

Do you have another rifle you can borrow the glass from?

If it were me, and it isn't, I'd shoot it with irons until I could afford the good stuff.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8569 on: May 29, 2019, 12:31:51 PM »

Ding Ding Ding! Run it with irons until you can get exactly what you want. Then again, that’ll change too.  Cheesy Wink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8570 on: May 29, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »

I do have another rifle that could use a slightly better scope....

Grin  laughingdp

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8571 on: May 30, 2019, 03:28:38 PM »

Pushed the 48 pretty hard today. Actually, pushing myself as well. Working hard on my processing speed. Ran 300+ so that puts me at about 5k through this gun without shooting anything else. I would highly recommend this pistol. It would be a great gun for women to learn on, and for the ‘shooters’, it can be pushed to your’ ability level. Waiting on Agency Arms to make a few odds and ends for it. Gotta get my boy working on the 1911 build. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

FFF

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8572 on: June 04, 2019, 05:00:02 PM »

Got to the range today and I wasn’t feeling it. Weather was good, I was in a good mood (I’m almost always in a good mood). Usually means a breakthrough of some kind. Had a great session, about 300ish rds of all kinds of drills. Lotta wide transitions, multiples and mag changes.

FFF

Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #8573 on: June 05, 2019, 06:39:49 PM »

Problem with that is you still end up with a scope you don't really want, which amounts to throwing away good money.

Amen.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8574 on: June 06, 2019, 03:00:15 PM »

“Sweet, summer rain.” Was a bit moist today, but I had a good session despite having to wipe my Oakley’s off every other minute. Quick warmup then walked back and did the single from the rig at 50. (Ding) Worked some wide (20yd) tgt transitions from 25. Ran several other drills as well, 250ish rounds.  FFF

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8575 on: June 07, 2019, 07:03:06 AM »

Moist.

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #8576 on: June 07, 2019, 08:36:28 AM »

Delta wants to wear Oakleys, that's their business.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #8577 on: June 07, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »

Moist.

FFS, dude, I almost choked on my bagel.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8578 on: June 07, 2019, 11:07:59 AM »

Delta wants to wear Oakleys, that's their business.

“This is my safety, Sir.”

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #8579 on: June 07, 2019, 11:15:49 AM »

“This is my safety, Sir.”

Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: