Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 05:25:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 782764 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8445 on: February 14, 2019, 01:22:28 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8446 on: February 15, 2019, 06:36:40 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8447 on: February 19, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #8448 on: February 19, 2019, 08:26:54 PM »

Evil waytogo

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8449 on: February 21, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »

Finally got the M&P done. Slide and RMR cuts along with new cerakote. Couldn’t shoot it today because I’m building an Arc. ⛈  ☔️

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8450 on: February 22, 2019, 03:17:40 AM »

Finally got the M&P done. Slide and RMR cuts along with new cerakote. Couldn’t shoot it today because I’m building an Arc. ⛈  ☔️
Better put a k on the end of that thing or it'll never float.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8451 on: February 22, 2019, 05:37:20 AM »

Winter sucks. Significant snowfall almost every other day. What to do but build my first AR? Bits and pieces are on the way, will be a .243Win to match my beloved Ruger deer rifle and for something a little different.

Pics to follow.

Cool Cool Cool

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8452 on: February 22, 2019, 10:00:01 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #8453 on: February 22, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »

A good arc on a puddle could lead to shocking results.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8454 on: February 22, 2019, 10:28:48 AM »

Winter sucks. Significant snowfall almost every other day. What to do but build my first AR? Bits and pieces are on the way, will be a .243Win to match my beloved Ruger deer rifle and for something a little different.

Pics to follow.

Cool Cool Cool

Oh hell to the yeaah.  waytogo

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8455 on: February 22, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »

Lower receiver is in my hands as of minutes ago.  Cool

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8456 on: February 22, 2019, 01:51:26 PM »

I've been busy loading shot shells. I bought a PW 375C single stage for 20 gauge a while back and I use that for spreaders. You can kind of see it in the background on the right. I picked this beast up just before the first of the year... It's a PW 800+

It was set up for manual operation in the pic, but it came with a hydro unit, toolheads for 4 gauges, and a 40 gal barrel full of 12 gauge once fired hulls. With the hydro unit installed, and having a good session where nothing bad happens, trust me...when bad stuff happens shot and powder go flying everywhere Tongue, I can load about 750 shells an hour.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8457 on: February 22, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »

Nice

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #8458 on: February 24, 2019, 12:12:30 PM »

Along with construction on the house, this was my other summer project - a friend sold me this old .50 caliber CVA Hawken replica for peanuts. It was a 1970s era kit gun, slapped together without any finish work and a few minor parts missing. The lock and trigger needed work, but the slow-twist barrel is well-made & very accurate with roundballs, and I was pleasantly surprised that it gets along really well with modern, conical hunting bullets. I re-fitted all the wood & metal so that everything fits flush, re-finished the stock & re-browned all the steel parts (except the barrel, which is in good shape and a PITA to brown). Since I was trying for a working, frontier-style look that I could hunt & bang around in the woods without worrying about, I kept fancy stuff to a minimum and added some tack work on the stock; that's my 3 triangles logo at the waist, and a simple compass rose on the forestock.

IMG_20181014_101330673 by triangleforge, on Flickr

I didn't like the look of the casting on the rear sight, so I filed off all the mold sprue marks, and then got a little carried away:

IMG_20181014_101509940 by triangleforge, on Flickr

It shoots really nicely. Apparently, the local deer caught wind of that, which is why I spent a week last November watching elk with a deer tag in my pocket.  Roll Eyes

IMG_20181112_065136549 by triangleforge, on Flickr

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #8459 on: February 25, 2019, 05:39:05 AM »

Cool

I've got a similar Hawken that my Dad built when I was a kid hanging on the wall in my basement lounge. Should really pull it down and make some smoke with it this year.

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: