Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 12:43:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steering Damper Desition Help (Matris M3 or Bitubo) S2r 800  (Read 3383 times)
Dariusz

« on: June 23, 2010, 05:48:04 AM »

Hi, in my country is impossible to buy a steering damper to my 2005 S2R 800. A friend of my is coming in 3 days from Spain and it can buy and bring it to me.

I have a issue to decide if buy a Matris M3 or a Bitubo??

Please help me in the desition.

Regards,

Dariusz W.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 05:55:51 AM »

I like the bitubo one. Thats what I have. i love it. But ive never owned anything else.

Even on 1 click i notice a huge imporvement on response from the bike.

its about about 18 or something clicks of adjustemnt. The only thing i dont like is you cant remove the tank without removing the damper first. Also the clicking adjustment thing isnt the easest to change.

other then that awesome.

Where do u live that u cant buy one?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Dariusz

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:13:52 AM »

I live in Venezuela.

You say that to move the tank is necesarry to remove the bitubo damper? Do you know that with the Matris is the same think?
muskrat

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 08:54:09 AM »

I live in Venezuela.

You say that to move the tank is necesarry to remove the bitubo damper? Do you know that with the Matris is the same think?

no need to remove the bitumo damper to move the tank up.  I have an 06 S4R.
you're a brave guy to have a Duc in Venezuela.  I'm from Caracas myself.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Dariusz

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 09:06:43 AM »

Brave? I don't think so je je je... is more danger have a BMW here  Wink

The bitubo is a little less expensive in Spain (40 EU less), but I think that in the Matris the clicking adjustment thing is more "frendly" to adjust?

If you need to decide between the Bitubo and the Matris M3, what is your choice?

Thanks in advance for the help
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 12:04:25 PM »

no need to remove the bitumo damper to move the tank up.  I have an 06 S4R.
you're a brave guy to have a Duc in Venezuela.  I'm from Caracas myself.

What do you do to get the tank off? Mine will hit my steering damper every which way.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
muskrat

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 12:13:06 PM »

My tank is metal.  Could there be a warping issue with your tank?  I simply unlatch and raise the tank with damper on.  Could be that earlier brackets were bigger? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
muskrat

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

Brave? I don't think so je je je... is more danger have a BMW here  Wink

The bitubo is a little less expensive in Spain (40 EU less), but I think that in the Matris the clicking adjustment thing is more "frendly" to adjust?

If you need to decide between the Bitubo and the Matris M3, what is your choice?

Thanks in advance for the help

back in the day we just ran from the cops, things sure have changed now but if you ride with a red shirt I'm sure they'll let you slide.  Evil  I need him gone so I can go home and enjoy the good'ole days.

I've never mounted the Matris but have seen them and personally I like the Bitubo better.  This upgrade is the best money spent, especially with the roads there.  Maybe I'll give you a ring when I visit in December. 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Dariusz

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 12:44:43 PM »

Whit a red shirt all is OK  Angry

Send me a message as you are here in December Smiley

back in the day we just ran from the cops, things sure have changed now but if you ride with a red shirt I'm sure they'll let you slide.  Evil  I need him gone so I can go home and enjoy the good'ole days.

I've never mounted the Matris but have seen them and personally I like the Bitubo better.  This upgrade is the best money spent, especially with the roads there.  Maybe I'll give you a ring when I visit in December. 
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »

My tank is metal.  Could there be a warping issue with your tank?  I simply unlatch and raise the tank with damper on.  Could be that earlier brackets were bigger? 

ah. i have a plastic tank and it is severely warped. I dont know hmuch from stock though.

Is the Matris gas or oil? Which one is better?

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 04:41:39 PM »

Here is a picture of the Matris M2 on my 695, I had no issues lifting the tank past it.  I never needed to adjust it past the lowest setting, but it was easy to adjust.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 02:44:41 AM »

I have a bitubo side mount on my 02 900 and it is just dandy....no tank issues and good to go when I move to clip-ons

This is an insult to the Pez community
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: