Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 01:01:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reno-Fernley W/ ZoomZoom - July 12/13th - JOIN US!!!  (Read 10591 times)
duckwrench13

This thing sounds broken...

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »

Damn you, and your logical thought processes and mathematical skills!!! bang head

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Gettin' blow'd up sucks!
Combat Veteran, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan 2006-2007
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 07:53:08 PM »

Yeah if you do the PTT cost of $99 the price is unbeatable! But it wouldn't be fair to do that comparison...

But seriously guys anyone want to share a ride with me to the PTT in two weeks.. $99 a day.. Zomg...

I'm really hoping I get my rebound/damping nut and fork cap by then and someone wants to ride! [crosses fingers]
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 08:58:35 PM »

I forgot I had already committed to a bicycle ride that weekend, I'll have to sit this one out. bang head

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »

Okay ladies and gents this is coming up, sign up now while there is still space available!
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »

***UPDATED***

ZoomZoom has decided to ad the RoadRider 2.0 Course to Saturday the 12th's line up. If any of you are a bit intimidated by the track and looking for an even more basic introduction this is a good opportunity. Hit up ZoomZoom's website if you're interested.
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »

So my bike is completely torn down right now... lets just say to get to the spark plug wires you have to completely dismantle the bike. The fairings alone are about 20 bolts of varying sized hex and Phillips head.

The race is on to get it back together tomorrow night... ugh.
duckwrench13

This thing sounds broken...

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 09:43:32 PM »

In my professional opinion.....

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Gettin' blow'd up sucks!
Combat Veteran, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan 2006-2007
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 04:53:20 AM »

Okay got up this morning and finally got to what I was going after, put the bike back together (except the fairings) and it's running like a champ.

Tonight the fairings go on and she's ready to load into the truck thursday Cheesy
sidm

'05 S4R

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »

Damn, just checked this thread.

For what it's worth, let me know if there's anything I can lend a hand with tommorrow or saturday morning at the track. 

I'm gettin' excited man.
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 09:12:07 AM »

Yeah just trying to get my GPS track timer hooked up all good now... Just wait until you see how hillbillie my mounting plate is Cheesy
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 04:21:16 AM »

Well another great weekend at RFR... Bike was running like a champ, got my lap timer working, I got moved to B group which was the best thing all weekend, and Phil with Aftershocks tweaked my suspension and really helped keep my rear tire planted.

After I moved to B group I had a little more track to really bump up my speeds. Well at this point my rear end kept stepping out and I had a couple times which felt like close calls. My first instinct was to start questioning the wear on my tires, but it was lunch time and Phil had no line so I decided before I join Valentino in blaming my tires let me get my suspension set a little closer for my weight. It was exactly what I needed for my increased pace. I had a solid performance in B and the only person that passed me in day one was Phil from Aftershocks who made me look like his little B!tch. Cheesy hahaha

Day Two was just as good. I asked to start out in B which was good. First session my lap times were up a little by about 3-4 seconds but it was good for warming up. Then the best thing about being in B group was the little bit of competition if I was able to stage somewhat close to someone of the same quickness. I believe it was session 3 and I got an instructor and another participant who I got to dice it up with which was great fun. Eventually I got around the other participant and it was me and the instructor. It was nice cause he had very similar lines as me but every so often he'd try to make an inside pass on one of those late apexing turns and it was always fun beating him out of the corners Cheesy When I did mess up a bit my bike had more power then his on the front straight so I was able to catch back up if I did lose some time with bad line choice in a corner. But in the end it helped me get my fast lap of the whole weekend a low 2:54.

Overall it was a great weekend, the weather was very nice, a bit warm but cooler than California. The normal afternoon high winds were just a slight breeze both days so that was very nice. I hope Sid had a good time on Saturday rippin' it up on his S4R, maybe he'll post up a couple of his comments about the weekend.

A couple issues that I am having though, I keep dragging my fairings, on what I'm assuming is the curbing. For you experts out there, I'm guessing I'm just too close and I need to back away from the apex?

Next week T-Hill... anyone?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:23:08 AM by TCK! » Logged
sidm

'05 S4R

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 09:39:36 AM »

First off, thanks TCK for the ride up and letting my pass out in the truck on Friday night. 

It was my first time at RFR, and only word that describes it from my track-nooby perspective: tricky.  I could have definitely used another day at the track to actually ride the track instead of learning it, but all in all, it was a great day.  I finally got a chance to open up the bike, and man, she's a beast!  The Zoom Zoom class-room sessions paid dividends in learning the lines around the track and also in knowing where to brake, where to apex, where to roll on the throttle.  My quickest session (probably 30 seconds behind TCK's times  Tongue) was in the 3rd time out, but I had a uber-scare where my front tire hit a long tar-snake at the T-10 apex.  My left foot came off the bike and helped keep me on two wheels.  Good thing it did because I had to ride the bike to Reno after the track on Saturday, and home to San Jose Sunday. 

The ride to Reno Saturday evening was great, and the Sunday ride home was even better.  Only a few LEO's were out on I-80, the air quality wasn't too bad, and the traffic was light. 

All in all, it was another great track experience.   [moto]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:49:32 AM by sidm » Logged
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2008, 10:31:32 AM »

TCK! Made the main page of 4TheRiders! w00t!

http://www.4theriders.com/main.php

For those that are lazy with the clicks Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:43:13 AM by TCK! » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: