Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 08:07:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyper Testing at Alice's  (Read 5104 times)
Reddymon

Name: John

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »

I was up there this morning and there were three sheriff cars in the lot - on a Thursday morning.  Bet they make their quota on the demo weekend.  I no, I no; they don't have a quota.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Bikes:  2001 Honda Goldwing,  2007 Ducati S4Rs
http://flickr.com/photos/8752153@N05/collections/72157604389823895/
DucSteve

Hey Yo

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »

I'll be in Oregon during those dates Sad
desmoquattro
Smacking certain mods who change my profile upside the head with a...

It puts the billet aluminum on the motorcycle...

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 09:59:41 AM »

I'll be in Oregon during those dates Sad

Oregon's got some kick-ass roads...especially around Eugene. You going with a bike?

My Vices
'09 1198s,red, (Il Diavolo Rosso
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'04 Yamaha FZ1, The Blue Cockroach
'01 900SS, custom yellow, (The Bumblebee)
'05 MS4R, blue
DucSteve

Hey Yo

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »

Yea I lived in Eugene for 4 years, went to U of O.

I'll be driving.  Rather not slab on 1100 miles on my tires, plus I got to carry some stuff up for the wedding I'm going to
DarkStaR

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »

Took off from work early, and tested out the hypertard today.

If you haven't rode one yet, you should go try it out.  The body position and controls take a bit to get use to, but it rides a lot better than I was expecting.

If any of you do the test ride, try jumping back on the monster right away.  It makes the monster feel so tiny and cramped. 

They also had the Roland Sands Hypertard on display.

Unfortunately, when I was there, there were no other ducs on display other than the hypertards.

ScottRNelson

Mr. Dual Sport Rider

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »

I recently returned from Alices and the HyperTruck full of Hypermotards.  Normally they have 12 demo units, but they had to loan two out for other events.  I managed to get signed up for what I believe was the second ride of the day at 11:00.  This was a much better demo location than the one on May 3 at Ace Motorsports in Concord when the DucTruck showed up.  That route would have been boring on a Goldwing.

I was number eight in line on my ride and everyone in front of me did fine, but the guy behind me wanted to ride much slower than the rest of the group, so he was quickly out of sight behind me heading down from Alices to the fire station in La Honda.  We waited there for him and the one stuck behind him to catch up, then headed back to Alices.  Highway 84 is a wonderful road on a Hypermotard.

The guys running the rides are quite experienced and do this once or twice a week all over the country.  Other than a 1098 crash early in the year from the DucTruck, they haven't had anybody drop a bike so far this year.  They're proud of their safety record.

It was interesting to see all of the Ducatis coming and going in the area.  A guy with a new Desmosedici RR went by then came back and let everyone stare at his bike.  He said that he was still breaking it in.

My ST2 feels a bit fat after riding a Hypermotard, but I still love riding it.  I'm trying to convince my wife right now that I need to add a Hypermotard to the other two Ducatis in our garage.

Scott R. Nelson, 2001 XR650L, 2020 KTM 790 Adv R, Meridian, ID
johnc

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »

stopped by alice's again this afternoon ...  someone yesterday took one of the hypertards for an "extended" test ride ... two of the ducati north america folks took off after this person, and finally caught up once the cops had them handcuffed in front of the la honda fire station.  Police

x136

NIXON'S BACK!

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »

I stopped by Alice's today at 4-ish to gawk at the Hypermotards they had sitting around, as well as the customized bikes. Very pretty. Not sure what the significance of the old, Moto Guzzi-powered, three-wheeled cars was, but those were pretty cool as well. As I headed out of the parking lot and up 84, a group of 12-15 Hypermotards came flying by in the other direction. What a sight!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: