Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:08:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote reservoir mounting  (Read 2669 times)
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

How much do you weigh and what rate spring did you get?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
coarsegoldkid

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 05:37:54 AM »

I weigh some where around 180 lbs in street clothes.   Scales can be inaccurate.  Anyway the TD fork kit and Penske were ordered for my "180" lbs.  
Spring rates: I can't tell, wish I had looked at the stamp on the spring before install yesterday because I lost the note I wrote when I first installed them two months ago.  The Penske spring is a Hyperco 7x650 whatever that means, colored dark purple. TD supplied a suggested a hand written baseline on the AK-20 kit but the spring rate was not among the information.  They have been helpful whenever I asked a question, I'll shoot them a inquiry about delivered spring rates.
Later today I'll take the bike for a shake down ride.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 06:03:45 AM by coarsegoldkid » Logged

You don't stop riding motorcycles when you get old.  You get old when you stop riding motorcycles.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 07:19:01 AM »

Hyperco 7x650 means it's 7 inches long and 650 lb/in rate.

What's your free sag/rider sag dilemma?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
coarsegoldkid

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 08:15:35 AM »

Speeddog, I'm not sure if my numbers are going to be valid.  I only did this with the help of one other person.  All text on the subject says to have two helpers.  I'll do them again before passing anymore judgment on the results.  Premilinary rider sag I did get was within spec but not a valid number.  I have plenty of preload adjustment remaining on forks and shocks.

There is a very bumpy, frequently patched and in some cases has missing pieces of pavement, including a smooth long straight on an otherwise twisty 30 miles of fun road near where I live.  I use it as a test bed.  I took the bike out for shake down and made a few compression and rebound adjustments in the minus direction from baseline. The bike was transformed from a bucking, jarring bronco to a road holding compliant machine.  Even the throttle precision was improved because I was moving around less on top of the bike.  Overall I'm pleased and will get a bigger smile as I work with it over time.
When I do get a couple of assistants to re-check the sag.  The way I have come to understand it the free sag isn't so important as is the total sag with rider/gear on bike sag.  IMHO as long as that number is 35mm on forks(TD spec) and 30mm on the shock(TD spec)all is good in the world of sag.  Penske specs shock sag range at 22mm-28mm.  Where I end up is where it feels the best.
Thanks for checking up on me.

You don't stop riding motorcycles when you get old.  You get old when you stop riding motorcycles.
coarsegoldkid

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 08:26:51 AM »

Here is my new reservoir mounting.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: