Wrong Creatures

(1/5) > >>

RAT900:
I once had a neighbor a few doors down who had a dog; its name was Freddy.  The dog was apparently the tragic end-result of a coupling between a Basset Hound and a German Shepherd (the dog, not some guy in lederhosen). Anyway the dog had a Shepherd's head and coat and the short stumpy legs of a Basset....it had no worthy ground surface clearance...its dick actually dragged along on the ground beneath it

When I first saw the creature my heart went out in pity that it had a shepherd's intelligence, alertness and head.... yet it was saddled with a body that couldn't back-up its genetically engineered behavioral instructions. So I called to the critter and it headed towards me on its stumpy little legs wagging its tail. I thought I would pet it and reassure it that it was a fine animal...despite the fact that someone if they had any decency should have gassed the thing at birth

As it got closer it wagged its tail at an increasing pace until it was within 5 or so feet of me...big hopeful looking eyes....I started to crouch to greet it.....then it switched gears and went into a snarling snapping attack mode and attempted to lunge at me....it now had murderous intent in its eyes and jaws

fortunately a brisk few back-steps on my part put a safe distance between us and Freddy was winded early at the exertion.  Evidently Mother Nature had supplied her hapless mistake with some measure of coping skills...it had learned over time that it needed to close the distance if it was going to get a chance at taking a chunk out of someone....so it had perfected this friendly dog act

Clearly the animal had not made a successful transition to self-acceptance of its unfortunate lot in life and it wanted more than anything to share its pain...the dog was a tangible piece of damnation personified...perhaps a guard dog in a previous life at Auschwitz or something...

but it made me wonder why some of life's damaged-goods critters go nice and others go bad...I know a lot of humans like Freddy...many of them seem to be more skilled at Freddy's game

orangelion03:
That was brilliant.

Porsche Monkey:
Bravo

Grampa:
is this really a story about Harry Ried?

RAT900:
Quote from: bobspapa on May 06, 2010, 07:05:32 AM

is this really a story about Harry Ried?

LOL 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page