Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 02:57:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carbon Solo Seat?  (Read 16746 times)
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« on: June 02, 2008, 06:38:37 PM »

Anyone have the DP carbon solo seat on an S2R or S4r?
How do you like it?
Height versus stock?
Does it cause you to crush your junk on the tank like the stock seat?
Any fitment issues to be wary of?
Is the seat gel, or conventional foam?
Can you post a picture?

Thanks!

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »

Anyone have the DP carbon solo seat on an S2R or S4r?
How do you like it?        Yep
Height versus stock?      Little lower
Does it cause you to crush your junk on the tank like the stock seat?   Same material so I guess it would.  my junk is titanium  Grin
Any fitment issues to be wary of?   Yep- may have to shim up the seat post latch with a few washers if yours pops off when you sit on it.
Is the seat gel, or conventional foam?   No gel boss.  That's the DP comfort saddle- totally different and I have that one too.
Can you post a picture? 

Thanks!

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
DRKWNG
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »

Yessir!  That's just about as good as it gets.
EvilSteve
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:48:37 AM »

That's pretty sweet. C-Rex, would you mind posting a picture of the mounting bracket for your Mad Doctor fender eliminator kit? I'm having (have had) some issues getting the right bracket and I think it's still wrong.

If you could post some pics of your bike from different angles too that would be great. No reason, it's just a good looking bike. Smiley
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 06:24:32 AM »

c_rex has the best looking RS that I've seen.  Cool  Even if he doesn't like Roman-style pizza.  Cheesy

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Ivan

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:34:01 AM »

Thank You !!!!

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
lawbreaker

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 05:35:20 PM »

Shocked.......... GOOD LORD............... Shocked

SWEET RIDE waytogo
Munch

Monster S4R - Munchstrada 1100S - 749R

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 07:05:15 AM »

Had mine covered as it had a small tear when I received it...

BozcoRob

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 08:52:46 AM »

snip

If you could post some pics of your bike from different angles too that would be great. No reason, it's just a good looking bike. Smiley

I'd like to see those pics, too.......

PPWSOI

Desmosedici - it's the new Paso (except the bodywork doesn't fit as well)
Ivan

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 07:20:05 PM »

Both bikes are really sweet.  I'd really like to see what it looks like from the back with the stock tail-light.  Got any more pics?

c_rex

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 07:50:03 PM »

Dang Munch!  I dig that cover.  Totally works with the color scheme on your ride.  That one of those Canadian jobbies or a different skin?  Lookin good!!

Dudes- I can post more photos but in keeping with the thread I'll have to focus on the seat.  I think I posted a few others in the Bikes of the DMF thread too.

Roman pizza is okay.  At risk of being hunted down- I don't dig on NY style either.  I slung pizzas and beers for awhile in my younger years and it tainted me for less authentic and west coast style pizza.  Chicago style is okay if it's extra saucy, lots of garlic and the tomatos on top are fresh not cooked.  Whoops- thread jack! 

Dareduc

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »

WOW... nice bikes.... makes me double think my thought of getting the 696... nice job to the two of you  applause
lauramonster
pissin' on this thread with your

Ride it like you stole it.........

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »

I'm assuming you bought it because it's a solo seat. 

I want a solo seat that would be comfortable for long trips (200- 400 miles a day).  Does this seat go the distance?

Nice friggin' bikes, by the way. 

Frickin' snow!
c_rex

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 05:42:34 PM »

I'm assuming you bought it because it's a solo seat. 

I want a solo seat that would be comfortable for long trips (200- 400 miles a day).  Does this seat go the distance?

Nice friggin' bikes, by the way. 

I'm gonna say no it's not meant for that kind of a ride but honestly I've not gone that far.  I have nothing to base this on except comparison to my DP Gel seat which is definitely up to snuff where long rides are concerned.  For about $200 it's worth it to have an extra saddle for long rides.

lauramonster
pissin' on this thread with your

Ride it like you stole it.........

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 06:14:18 AM »

Thanks for the answer c_rex.  I called a local Ducati dealer, and they said a gel seat is not the way to go for long rides.  You want something that supports you, so they recommended a firm seat. 
I'm so confused!!!

Frickin' snow!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: