Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:56:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suspension book from Race Tech  (Read 3297 times)
orangelion03
My girlfriend loves my

A Most Magnificent Monster

« on: June 02, 2010, 03:56:10 AM »

Via Lee Parks.  Comes out this month, $35.

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/eshopprod_cat_530-30196_product_983028.RaceTechs_Motorcycle_Suspensi.htm

Hi Folks,
After four years of hard work, I'm thrilled to announce the release of my second book. "Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible." If you're the least bit curious about your suspension, this book really is "all that and a bag of chips." For more info about this revolutionary publication, read about it below. As a special for our newsletter subscribers, I'm offering a $10 discount coupon for any orders that come in by June 10th, 2010 as we wait for the books to arrive at our warehouse. Simply put MAYNEWS as a coupon code and get this very limited offer.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 04:45:18 AM by orangelion03 » Logged

VIVA LA EVOLUCION!!!
silentbob
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:10:13 AM »

Rash Tech makes some ok parts but I wouldn't pay a dime for their crappy advice.
derby

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:14:15 AM »

Rash Tech makes some ok parts but I wouldn't pay a dime for their crappy advice.

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=254584

the link to the review is currently broken, but i recall that the guy found it useful.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
orangelion03
My girlfriend loves my

A Most Magnificent Monster

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 06:12:46 AM »

I'm wondering how it compares to the Trevitt book.  I thought the chapter on suspension adjustment in Total Control was very good and that was co-written with Paul Thede. 

VIVA LA EVOLUCION!!!
red baron

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »

Does that book tell me how to make my Showas work like the Ohilns on the new MTS? Grin

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 05:04:41 PM »

I'm wondering how it compares to the Trevitt book.  I thought the chapter on suspension adjustment in Total Control was very good and that was co-written with Paul Thede. 

Love the trevitt book. great read on the shitter.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
derby

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 05:25:35 PM »

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=254584

the link to the review is currently broken, but i recall that the guy found it useful.

review link is back up:

http://www.trackdaymag.com/Articles/Race-Tech’s-Motorcycle-Suspension-Bible.aspx

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »

Dan Kyle is good with suspension setups.

He used to be a Professional Road Racer.

Many of you from Cali. may know of him since he is from Cali.

He is a big contributor to the Ducati 1198 Superbike Forum.

He sells a lot of parts and is an Ohlins Dealer.

There's another renown Suspension Guru in the Seattle area but I can't think of the name of the company.

Dolph       Smiley

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
xcaptainxbloodx

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »

There's another renown Suspension Guru in the Seattle area but I can't think of the name of the company.

youre probably thinking of GP suspension in oregon city (about 20 min. south of portland)

theyre one of the better suspension shops around and develop/manufacture their own valving and suspension components in house that they then assemble and install unique not only for bike year/make but also for its intended use.

great guys, super knowledgeable and definitely know about suspension tuning.
NuTTs

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »

One of the fastest and most efficiently suspended road bikes I've owned was a GSXR-750WX with RaceTech fettled suspension front and back. My experience with them was quite positive.. in my part of the world.

fastwin
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »

Dan Kyle is good with suspension setups.

He used to be a Professional Road Racer.

Many of you from Cali. may know of him since he is from Cali.

He is a big contributor to the Ducati 1198 Superbike Forum.

He sells a lot of parts and is an Ohlins Dealer.

Dolph       Smiley

I agree. I have always had great dealings with Dan Kyle. Of all the Ohlins stuff I have bought 90% came from him and when I have called to place an order or ask tech questions he was the one who answered the phone. He's the zen master on all things RC51 which has been very useful to me. One time I called and it was on a Sunday (Father's Day actually!!) and I was prepared just to leave a voice mail message but there he was, at work and answering the phone on a freaking Sunday!!! What does that tell you about the guy? waytogo applause bow down
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: