Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:26:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you get to service your bike  (Read 4269 times)
Ontario_Monster

« on: April 20, 2010, 03:15:50 AM »

Ok just wondering where everyone gets thier bikes services, Rev has moved so now I'm screwed I use to be able to drop it off at the beginning of the work day and get it back by the end of the day so ride in ride out was fantastic.  So the questions are who does your regular maintenance, and who would you use for standard work or non warranty work, i.e. wheels, mods etc.

I know of the following shops that sell/service in Toronto/Ontario

Rev (Toronto)
GP Bikes (Ajax)
Peninsula (sp Oakville)
Inglis (London)
Good Times (Ottawa)

And shops that wrench on ducatis but don't sell

Z1 Cycle.

Thanks, personal experience with any of the shops and recommendations are also appreciated.

chug

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
donzo
T-Dot DUC

DUC Dreams

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:22:18 AM »

I go to GP bikes.  It's a little bit of a haul from downtown to Ajax, but they give extremely good service, the shop guys are friendly and helpful and no one has the slightest bit of attitude.  Can't say the same about REV.  I guess when you're selling Lambo's, you've got to have a nose in the air. 

Ken Livingstone is the man there.  I've heard he's the best ductitech in Ontario.  Really nice guy too and he'll do more than just the minimum.  He's got a fine attention to detail and if you're nice, he'll let you in on a couple of the roads he rides.  They care about you and your bike at GP.

Easy mods I do myself, so can't help you there.

I met this girl named Virginia.  She said "nice bike, you can call me Virgin for short, but not for long"

'07 S2R 800 Gloss Black - Cookie1 Tailchop - Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors - Rizoma Barends - Speedymoto Framesliders - Stebel Nautilus Horn - 14T Sprocket - Full ZARDS exhaust - Open Airbox - K&N Filter - Monza Belly Pan - Nichols flywheel - bitubo rearshock - resprung S2R1000 forks
Ontario_Monster

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 05:31:33 AM »

It isn't the easy mods I'm concerned about, it is the big one I'm starting this weekend, swaping out the frontend on the S2r800 for a frontend (shocks, calipers, Rotars and wheels) off an S4Rt and a rear shock with res off the same bike, most of it is straight bolt on and check for it being straight, but I've got a new axel to put in the new wheels (I don't have the tools or confidence when it comes to relying on my brake and wheel work at 120km) and the back wheel needs to be changed to match as well.  I'm thinking of hitting up Z1 to have them do a check through if I'm going to lose the bike for a couple of days anyway. 

I guess the only other thing is how long does GP keep the bike for? Like I said with Rev it was usally drop off in the morning pick it up in the evening so I could always deal with a little attitude.  I do my own chain, and oil changes but with tires and suspension swaps I still want someone to at least check my work over.

Thanks though for the good words on GP, that is where I got my latest bike from so I've dealt with them a bit.

Ducati ..... Ducati ..... Ducati ..... It just makes me smile!

Harley drivers in short/t-shirts/and salad bowls .... make me laugh.
jeph72

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »

this reply may come a little late, but it sounds like you're about to do a lot of similar mods I just had Rev do for me. I just had them put on a set of 999 forks on my S2R800 as well as swap out the rotors/calipers/etc.  Had them do the rear shock too.

Although it's a real pain in the ass to get to these days, I've always had good dealings with Paul, and I've never had an issue with Chris' work.
dwas4rs

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 05:54:24 AM »

+1 to Paul and Chris. They are great guys and know there stuff.
bishop

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:41:55 AM »

+1 to Paul and Chris. They are great guys and know there stuff.

+1 I agree Paul and Chris are amazing. Always take to them will be doing that at the new store to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: