Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 11:18:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCR install - with pods - prep questions  (Read 25455 times)
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 04:26:51 AM »

These things freakin' rock. I'm still running pretty rich throughout most of the places, think I may drop down a jet size. I dropped the needle clips two spots and am now dead spot free (one clip removed most of the deadspot, two made it wonderful feeling).

I do, however, have a bit of an issue with the bike at top gear, throttle wtfo, high rpm. Seems like the float bowls may run dry, it has a bit of a stutter occasionally. I can roll off the gas, and get back on it later with no problems. Thoughts?

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2010, 12:21:03 AM »

These things freakin' rock. I'm still running pretty rich throughout most of the places, think I may drop down a jet size. I dropped the needle clips two spots and am now dead spot free (one clip removed most of the deadspot, two made it wonderful feeling).

I do, however, have a bit of an issue with the bike at top gear, throttle wtfo, high rpm. Seems like the float bowls may run dry, it has a bit of a stutter occasionally. I can roll off the gas, and get back on it later with no problems. Thoughts?

G'day a m.

They sure do. waytogo

What clip pos-n did you go to (measured from the top notch)?

Maybe its main jet related?

I was told recently by a tuner who appears to specialize in these carbs (for dirt bike racers) that the leak jet which feeds the accelerator pump may often be too small as delivered. He reckons this causes the pump to squirt for too long during a snapping open of the throttle, causing bogging. He told me to consider trying a bigger leak jet to get more fuel in at the start of the slide opening and thereby stopping the "squirt" earlier due to the fuel in the pump resi running out earlier. I hadn't considered this.

Since they are probably cheap jets, I may try this, since with the paired carbs we only need one. My view was that my bike may need a larger leak jet to stop the initial lean bogging, or rich bogging (only one way to find out)!  This guy reckons the smaller leak jet affects the duration of the squirt and he feels the bike needs a bigger but shorter squirt.

That's another tuning option to consider regarding acceleration if your cruising tuning is  good.

Although I am still fine tuning these things, they are tremendous as they are.

2015 Scrambler 800
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2010, 03:12:17 AM »

Yeah, they are pretty neat - I am considering an adjustable leak jet from the FCR-MX world, to see if that works and what kind of "wow" factor i can get out of it. There are also fuel screws (external) to make adjustments easier, and larger "sumps" around the main jet - much of it is most useful for dirtbikers who bounce around all day, but we'll see if some of it converts well to street FCR use. Also, it adds a splash of color to the carbs.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: