Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:08:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For all you rockabilly/pin-up girls out there....  (Read 8030 times)
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« on: March 26, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »

Non-moto related, I know, but the website www.pinupgirlclothing.com does a Bombshell Blowout every weekend and this weekend is dresses!!

I just got this: http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/dorothydressred.html for only $23 bucks!!

Anyway, if you're into that style, check 'm out. This deal was too good NOT to share.

Darkhorse den mother
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:47:02 AM »

i love there stuff  waytogo

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »

ummm, i kinda hate you now for posting this. I have $0 to be spending on clothes, which is helped out by the fact that I don't usually like anything in fashion in the stores but NOW, NOW thanks to YOU, I am lusting after everything on this site.

naughty, naughty ninja!

now, do the sizes run true to the size chart? if so, I don't get it. what's the point in a shop devoted to pinup girl clothes when they use the same size chart as every other catalog? bust = large, waist = small, hip = medium. end result = buy stretchy clothing

Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:55:01 PM »

Evil Mwaahahahahahahaha.....  Evil

So far I've only bought one thing, and I'm a curvy gal so I ended up in a LARGE size and it fit pretty well. They have different size charts for each item so take your measurements and size them up with the chart. I've seen a lot of people post measurements on facebook to ask what size they should order for a particular item and PUG is really good about helping. If you don't have FB then you can probably email them if the size charts don't really follow your measurements. I'm pretty uneven in that I have huge tits and big hips but a teeeeny waist so I hover between M and L. I ordered the dress bigger figuring I could tailor the waist if needed. Trust me, this is the one site that doesn't fall into the typical fashion spectrum with skeeny bony girls...

I don't have a lot of moolah to spend on clothes either, that's why I wait for the bombshell blowout every weekend. They always do a lot of stuff up to 70% off. I need shoes for that dress, so I'll just wait till those are on super duper sale as well. :-)

Blah blah blah blabber blabber and such.

Darkhorse den mother
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 05:14:03 PM »

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I'll check the FB site and lurk amongst the sales  Grin

azoomm

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 08:18:39 PM »

Awwww, maaaaan.... I haven't posted here in forever, and just stopped by and see THIS.

Damn you.  Love you.   laughingdp

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00:23 AM »

on a similar note, any of you gals ever ordered a girdle online? I've been looking for a vintage one. much cheaper than a corset. nothing modern and stretch, just an old school 1950's 36-24-36 girdle.
I have a couple of vintage dresses that were my grandmother's that would require one for me to get into them. damn that, its all the hormones in our modern milk I swear!

Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »

I've never bought a vintage girdle, I'd be interested in finding that out too. I've also noticed how all vintage clothes are like, size 2! I guess girls just weren't bigger than that back then??? It's something that's always mystified me.

Darkhorse den mother
Princess
1.5 hrs from Laguna Seca

:( broke a nail doing a wheelie the other day :(

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 06:20:52 PM »

.... well back then, they had to walk to school in the snow... 15 miles... uphill... through thickets of holly bushes... while being chased by packs of wolves... in bare feet... carrying a school book satchel weighing 100 lbs...

so they basically didn't have any of the creature comforts that we have like iPhones or cars or motorcycles or television or 8-track players or popcorn. I think the guys back then had to use stone tipped spears to bring home dinner.

badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 03:45:24 AM »

It is true that women were smaller many years ago. There was very little in the way of creature comforts as we know them today. My mother lived in England and started work in the bank in 1946 as a junior secretary. She had to walk 5 miles to the bus stop in all weathers, 7 miles on the bus to town and then 30 miles on a steam train into London. In 1947 she bought a bicycle and rode to the bus stop every day until she married my father in 1960 and she moved to London with him.I remember her telling me the best thing she ever bought was her bike which is funny because when I started motorbiking in 1979 I said the same thing!
Things were better in past days I think, life was more pure, go outside and play was what you did when I grew up, no tv,no telephone and only a radio in the house for news that my dad listened to when he came home from work at 6 pm before supper. Good memories!

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
ducatigirl100
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »

On another note  Smiley

I'm currently looking for a pin up decal to put on my bike ( on the rear  ) .  I want something that looks recent, Blondie girl and sexy  Grin . I also want to put my name beside it so everyone will know that it's a girl's bike ...lol  laughingdp  Dolph

Doe's anyone as Idea's where i could find that ( actually I've been searching the web for that for a week Undecided  )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: