Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 07:44:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Assholes  (Read 6607 times)
Johnny OrganDonor

« on: March 16, 2010, 06:40:02 AM »

I came to the realization a few years ago that I'd arrived at a point in life where I no longer had to deal with assholes and that there were really no assholes (or any difficult people) infecting my life any longer.  By asshole, I'm not necessarily talking about a difficult, abrasive, abusive, demanding, etc individual (aka douchebag.)  I think an asshole is someone who actually enjoys being difficult, abrasive, abusive, demanding, etc (douchebaggy) without invitation, hesitation, or reservation. 

I'd guess that maybe 1 in 20 people are assholes.  Are they born that way or do life experiences just twist them into being assholes?  Is there any excuse for being an asshole?  Do assholes know that they're assholes or do they just think that everyone else is an asshole?  Does acting like an asshole make one an asshole?  Although there are more than 20 members, I'm sure that there are no assholes on the DMF (a statistical anomaly perhaps) but I think there's a great deal of collective wisdom here on dealing with assholes and I'd like to hear opinions and stories.

muskrat

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 06:42:09 AM »

my motto in dealing with them is:  Don't go to bed mad, stay up late and plot your revenge.  cheeky

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:47:10 AM »

I thought this would be a roll call of assholes.

And to that I can only say "here"!

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:54 AM »

I thought this would be a roll call of assholes.

And to that I can only say "here"!

+1

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 07:22:24 AM »

+1

+2!  Grin

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
NoisyDante
I am Jack's

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 07:24:05 AM »

There were too many assholes to name back when I was in highschool, and in my last months of college my girlfriend dumped me for my supposed best friend, such an asshole.  I've had my share of assholes for a lifetime, but unfortunately in my line of business there's one everywhere you look.  I believe it is a power thing, those who maybe did not have much earlier in life now want to exact it upon others.

The motto I adopted back in highschool is 'living well is the best revenge.'  I'm looking forward to the day that I can give the finger to all those assholes when I'm on stage winning an Oscar.

Not like I'm spiteful now, it's water under the bridge and means nothing in the long scheme of my life, but a little bit of vengeance is fine, imho.

'07 695 Dark - Quat-D Ex Box exhaust, gold S4 forks, Woodcraft Clipons, CRG levers, KTM headlight, Motodynamics taillight, 14t sprocket, CRG LS mirrors, flamethrower, the usual refinements.  * struck down by a hippie in a Prius on September 22nd, 2010.
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 09:53:46 PM »

To label an individual an asshole is ostensibly to view them from your own personal perspective, ethics, worldview or value system and to determine if they fall into your personal "allowable behaviors" spectrum or outside of it

For example my ex-wife can give you every assurance that I am an asshole....my current wife will agree that I have many asshole-ish qualities but I am not a complete asshole in the classic sense

However I would offer that there is such a thing as the "Universal Asshole"....it is a near mythical/mystical creature....one who no member of the human species can tolerate....a unifying savior of sorts....one who will unite mankind in complete agreement...we await this creature's arrival....I recall a few High School Gym Teachers who I thought contended for the title...but in retrospect they were mere false prophets

Asshole-ism is a Big Tent....it encompasses the entire Pantheon of lesser and greater assholes....they do group into warring factions under the big tent....there are ones who were natural born genetically-based cretins and dipshits....Asshole-ism also encompasses evolved assholes who would require "Re-enactment Dolls" and trained therapists to chart their evolution

I strive these days to be one less asshole on the face of the earth....their number is legion and their ranks are swelling ever-more daily...and usually I am pretty good at limiting my level of offensive behavior.....

but with that being said....every now and then someone comes along and rubs me the wrong way ...and ....well you know how it goes....

At the end of the day it really does not matter "why" they are who they are....it is their actions that matter

One final thought...if you walk into a room or bar and don't readily see "The Asshole".....well there's a good chance "you're it"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:56:32 PM by RAT900 » Logged

This is an insult to the Pez community
duc996

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 09:58:20 PM »

I don't pay much attentions to assholes,they want to be that way i let them...:-) Here's to the rest of the assholes in the world  chug

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
GAAN
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »

rat900

Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 10:14:53 PM »

One final thought...if you walk into a room or bar and don't readily see "The Asshole".....well there's a good chance "you're it"

laughingdp  All well said but loved that last statement.  I myself have sometimes warned people that I can be an asshole, I inform them that it depends on the situation.  I let them know that I won't take any bullshit.  When people do stupid things I become an asshole.  When someone doesn't think (especially an adult) I may become an asshole.  Many times I can let it go or try to explain things if they will listen, but sometimes it gets to a point that you have to hurt their feelings and point out that they are idiots.  Especially if people are performing unsafe acts in a professional environment and the person is an adult and should know better.  Let this be your warning  Evil  

RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »

rat900

<sobbing with joy>  Mother!!!!!!    I am HOME!!!

RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 10:25:31 PM »

laughingdp  All well said but loved that last statement.  I myself have sometimes warned people that I can be an asshole, I inform them that it depends on the situation.  I let them know that I won't take any bullshit.  When people do stupid things I become an asshole.  When someone doesn't think (especially an adult) I may become an asshole.  Many times I can let it go or try to explain things if they will listen, but sometimes it gets to a point that you have to hurt their feelings and point out that they are idiots.  Especially if people are performing unsafe acts in a professional environment and the person is an adult and should know better.  Let this be your warning  Evil  

The broadest category...."The Circumstantial Asshole".....I am a card-carrying member of this Unitarian category.   Indeed I would again offer the example of my ex-wife....she was as close to being sexually inert as a woman can get......but was otherwise fun to be with....so I satisfied myself at whim elsewhere with bawdy women of loose virtue for a dozen or so years

The ex-wife took grave exception to my behavior...couldn't quite fathom that I did not view marriage as an opportunity to continue wanking in the shower ...hence I am her "asshole"

Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »

Hey Rat, long time.....

Smiley

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 01:34:14 AM »

To label an individual an asshole is ostensibly to view them from your own personal perspective, ethics, worldview or value system and to determine if they fall into your personal "allowable behaviors" spectrum or outside of it

For example my ex-wife can give you every assurance that I am an asshole....my current wife will agree that I have many asshole-ish qualities but I am not a complete asshole in the classic sense

However I would offer that there is such a thing as the "Universal Asshole"....it is a near mythical/mystical creature....one who no member of the human species can tolerate....a unifying savior of sorts....one who will unite mankind in complete agreement...we await this creature's arrival....I recall a few High School Gym Teachers who I thought contended for the title...but in retrospect they were mere false prophets

Asshole-ism is a Big Tent....it encompasses the entire Pantheon of lesser and greater assholes....they do group into warring factions under the big tent....there are ones who were natural born genetically-based cretins and dipshits....Asshole-ism also encompasses evolved assholes who would require "Re-enactment Dolls" and trained therapists to chart their evolution

I strive these days to be one less asshole on the face of the earth....their number is legion and their ranks are swelling ever-more daily...and usually I am pretty good at limiting my level of offensive behavior.....

but with that being said....every now and then someone comes along and rubs me the wrong way ...and ....well you know how it goes....

At the end of the day it really does not matter "why" they are who they are....it is their actions that matter

See...

good things can happen when you leave the door open. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 01:44:52 AM »

RAT900 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

WELCOME BACK
So, were you been?  Watcha been doing?  How the hell are you?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: