Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 11:47:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Gear Advice  (Read 4992 times)
nkryptit

« on: February 09, 2010, 05:41:12 AM »

I'm in the Triangle area and currently looking to buy some new pants for commuting.  I've been to a couple of the local dealerships (Team Powersports in Garner, the Ducat place out by the farmers market). Neither of these places had a decent selection of pants in stock.  I know they can order whatever, but I really need to try a few things on before actually order anything.  Does anyone know of a place that will have a decent stock that I can take a look at?

Also, I'm looking at the Aerostich Darien right now, anyone have any first experience with these as overpants?

Thanks.
Blackout

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:33:26 AM »

No experience w/ the Aerostitches but I do have Alpine Stars over pants I purchased at Cycle Gear in Raleigh/Garner. They saved my ass a coupla months ago when I hit a pothole cranked way over in a turn.
I think most places that carry whatever brand will order something and you're not on the hook to purchase it.
Also take a ride up to Matison's on North Capital Blvd. I think they have a pretty good selection as memory serves.

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
superjohn

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:47:56 AM »

I hear ya. Cycle gear had the best selection. I've ordered 75% of my gear online. It's cheaper and you don't have to deal with the asshats at most of the dealerships.

Aerostich always gets good reviews, but I have no FHE. I also wanted to check out some Olympia gear, but the BMW place seems to b the only dealership and they don't ever have any in stock.
nkryptit

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:09:51 AM »

No experience w/ the Aerostitches but I do have Alpine Stars over pants I purchased at Cycle Gear in Raleigh/Garner. They saved my ass a coupla months ago when I hit a pothole cranked way over in a turn.
I think most places that carry whatever brand will order something and you're not on the hook to purchase it.
Also take a ride up to Matison's on North Capital Blvd. I think they have a pretty good selection as memory serves.

Which A* pants do you have?  I've not found many that are specifically marketed as over pants.

Thanks for the info on Cycle Gear...I didn't have any idea it was there.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:12:46 AM by nkryptit » Logged
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 02:47:57 AM »

The cycle shops in the area suck as far as gear goes.

I get most stuff online or at Cycle Gear.  Cycle Gear in Raleigh has great customer service, but sometimes shipping to their store is slow.

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
nkryptit

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 09:21:42 AM »

Yeah...I stopped by Cycle Gear after I was tipped off to it's existence and was pleased with the friendly service.  They were having their 10% off (20% on clearance stuff) the next night...So I stopped back and picked up a Dainese Wave back protector for my jacket, and accidentally bought a new textile cold weather jacket that was a steal.  Still haven't gotten any pants though...  I think I've decided on going with the Aerostitch AD-1 pant, but I've been dumping my $$ into home brew equipment instead.
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 05:40:29 PM »

Yeah...I stopped by Cycle Gear after I was tipped off to it's existence and was pleased with the friendly service.  They were having their 10% off (20% on clearance stuff) the next night...So I stopped back and picked up a Dainese Wave back protector for my jacket, and accidentally bought a new textile cold weather jacket that was a steal.  Still haven't gotten any pants though...  I think I've decided on going with the Aerostitch AD-1 pant, but I've been dumping my $$ into home brew equipment instead.

LOL, gotta have your priorities!!

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Rameses

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 01:20:53 AM »

The cycle shops in the area suck as far as gear goes.

I get most stuff online or at Cycle Gear.  Cycle Gear in Raleigh has great customer service, but sometimes shipping to their store is slow.

I was thinking about ordering some taillights from them.

Any advice?   cheeky

cshadow2

What was I talking about?

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 04:34:51 AM »

Capitol BMW has a butt ton of olympia and BMW brand stuff that is really nice. be careful though because they also have a S1000RR demo that they really want you to ride.
superjohn

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »

Capitol BMW has a butt ton of olympia and BMW brand stuff that is really nice. be careful though because they also have a S1000RR demo that they really want you to ride.

About time they finally got some Olympia stuff. I went in looking for a suit to commute in and they had bubkiss.
nkryptit

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 01:54:59 AM »

S1000RR Demo?  Anyone been on it?  I've been wanting take a look at one up close and personal.  I'm not usually one for BMWs, but that bike just looks great.  I'll have to stop by on lunch some day, I work right down the road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: