Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:29:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So close, yet so far... my bike so far  (Read 33238 times)
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 12:36:06 AM »

I went home for the past month and made some modifications:

7500 mile service
Upgraded to stiffer rear shock and had rear suspension dialled in for my weight (need to upgrade the front now waytogo)
TPO Beast Air Intake kit
TPO Rectifier Relocation kit
TPO Crankcase Breather kit
Ricambi-Weiss CNC CA3 Oil Breather Valve (thanks Geoffduc)
Hella Supertone Horn kit
Longer starter cable (thanks DarkStar)
Rerouted starter cable and oil sensor cable
Custom CNC Bar Clamps without mirror mounts (thanks dtmtim)
Madduc Alternator Cover
Custom 34.925 mm Duc Ball Logo 3d decal for Alternator Cover
Grifter License Plate Storage Box
Helmet Guardian Helmet Lock set
Corsair Industries Frame Plug Set
Corsair Industries Tail Plugs - 2 sets (dremelled one to fit into the odd sized frame hole on left side of bike)
Covered Frameslider holes with OEM Rubber Frame Plugs
Modified M1100 CF Exhaust Heat Sheilds and had them mounted
Modified DP CF Racing Fairing and had it mounted
Had two Hypermotard CF Gauge Cluster covers modified and mounted to the sides of the oil cooler
Had oil cooler return covered with heat shield and installed
Monsterparts CF Rear Hugger
Modified CF Side Panels to better follow the lines of the bike (IMO)
Taylor Cable 90° Polished Aluminum Spark Plug Heat Shields
Taylor Cable 180° Polished Aluminum Spark Plug Heat Shield modified to cover oil pressure sensor switch
Cleaned up some wiring (rerouted, wire loomed, tiestrapped)

Ordered Diamond Mesh Grill material to install on all the vents but didn't get around to installing
Had new brackets made to reinstall the handguards, but they were fubar and will wait till next time
Currently running without the steering damper.  It was leaking and can't be fixed.

Now for some pix:

More pictures here: http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/vv270/drkmojo/Moto%20April%202010/?start=0
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:16:34 AM by Mojo S2R » Logged

erichan8757

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 06:03:46 PM »

love that dragon on the rear tray .
NICE big ass horn !!! love it.

Nice job..

07 GT1000
06 M620, [SOLD]
Modifications are never too many.
Billyzoom

I'm having much more fun.

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 05:51:49 AM »

As I mentioned earlier, great looking bike! 

If you're looking for feedback though, the only issue I would suggest is that I think the lines of the bike looked much nicer without the fairing...it seems to sit really high, and the rest of the parts on the bike seem to fit so well together.

Bike is beautiful either way...just my .02!  Great job.  Mods are addicting, no?   waytogo

Joel
Mojo S2R

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 08:25:45 PM »

BZ,  I agree with you on the fairing.  I think I will be lowering and tilting the fairing back a bit but will wait until I get the handguards remounted.  I don't want to have redo it again.  I definately don't want to get rid of it though.  I do a lot of highway riding and the bike is my daily ride when back home and I definately noticed the difference when riding without it.  I just have to adjust it and if I am still not happy with it I will mod the windscreen (read dremel Wink) or look into alternate windscreen options.  I will also be cutting a bit more off the sidepanels as they don't seem quite right, but close.

Next major mods will be first to replace the broken steering damper and upgrade the front suspension, then CC the pipes and PC the swingarm.  Minor ones will be to reinstall the handguards with the new brackets and most likely change the windscreen mounting as mentioned.

Oh, and thanks everybody for the input and compliments.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:51:33 AM by Mojo S2R » Logged

geoffduc

18 till i die

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »

Bikes looking good John... [moto]

Stay safe... chug

coffee

2015 scrambler FT
2009 monster 1100s
Mojo S2R

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 07:34:06 PM »

Thanks Geoff.  Appreciate the assist.  Plan on doing some more rerouting of wiring so that I can actually show off the breather as it's kind of hidden unless your right up on the bike.

Cheers mate  chug

accrocker

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »

What do you think about the TPO velocity stacks? I have been toying with the idea of throwing a set on my 695. It already has pods installed, but no velocity stacks to go along with them. I just haven't heard any feedback about how they affect the power curve.

07 monster 695, tail chop, custom flashed dp ecu (no more immobilizer!!) high mount marving megaphones, pod filters and an Acewell 4000 gauge set
Mojo S2R

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 12:23:48 AM »

I wanted to get the bike dynoed after installing them but the guy was backlogged and I couldn't get it done while I was home.  I may have my son-in-law take it in for me or it will have to wait till I go back home again.  I will definately post the results once I get it done.

I thought I remembered someone posting their dyno results after adding the velocity stacks either here on the DMF or back on the DML but can't seem to find the threads.

Mojo S2R

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »

Had my son-in-law drop off the bike at the shop to get forks upgraded with Traxxion GP Racing internals setup for my weight.  Definately a great upgrade that makes the bike ride much smoother.
Also had them install a replacement DP topmount steering damper.  This one is black, the last one was silver and crapped out on me.
Had the kickstand redone so that the ducfoot would lay flat on the ground.
Had the swingarm and some other bits powdercoated and the camshaft covers polished.
Had the exhaust ceramic coated black.
Had them install a CNC billet gascap to replace the OEM cap.

The bike wasn't ready for pickup when I got home, so much of what I wanted to do myself couldn't be done due to lack of time.  I got the bike back a few days before I had to head back overseas and only got a couple of days of riding in compared to the three weeks I was looking forward to.

Still haven't gotten the bike put on the dyno as time was short.

I took the tank bra in to Award Interiors in Sacramento and had them modify the bra and mount some retro Ducati Wing Tank badges.

I rerouted a few wires but still see more I want to clean up.

I mounted the new handguard brackets and handguards back on the bike.  Will definately be lowering and tilting back the windscreen.  It still looks like it sticks too far up and forward for my liking.

Still have the following items in the garage to be modified/mounted next time I am home:
Raask Laverda Style Adjustable Clubman Bars (still need some bar clamps made to accomodate 22mm bars)
3m Dry Carbon vinyl to wrap the forks, and to cover the chrome on the headlight, possibly even the center part of the gaugepod.
Dariuslab CF cover piece that hides the wires between the gaugepod and top triple.
Diamond-cut black powdercoated grill material to be cut and mounted in all the vent openings of the CF pieces similar to the silver diamondcut grill material in the belt cover openings.
Driven Silver D-3 grips and a new set of grip puppies for the black part of the grips.

Was not able to take any great pictures but here are a few I took just before leaving:

and more are posted here: http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/vv270/drkmojo/Moto%20August%202010/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:39:27 PM by Mojo S2R » Logged

Mojo S2R

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »

Well, it's been a while. 

I went home for the holidays (first time in three years) and it was raining practically everyday I was home so I decided to get some more of the planned mods done.  There was actually a couple of days of good riding weather but unfortunately the controls, lights, etc. were all strewn about the garage so I didn't get any riding in while home.

As I said, I completely took everything off the front end.  I wrapped the forks with 3M Dry Carbon and also wrapped the headlight to conceal the chrome on the back end of the headlight.
Wrapped, rerouted, and cleaned up a bunch of wiring and hosing throughout the bike.
Replaced gauge bezel with one off of a GT Sport Classic.  I was also going to replace the gauges.  They worked but I wasn't digging the all-white gauge faces and so kept my original gauges and just swapped the bezel.
Lowered gauges by 3/8 of an inch and now they sit directly on top of the light.
Dremeled some more off the inside of the windshield fairing and mounted it so that it fits snug to the headlight and sits just 1/8 of an inch from the new handlebars.
Installed a dariuslab CF gauge cover which hides the wiring routed under the gauges.
Installed some custom handlebar 28mm to 22mm shims that I got from Chris at Desmoworks and finally installed the fully-adjustable Laverda Style Clubman bars.  I adjusted them to where I felt was probably the most comfortable but will more than likely be doing some adjustments when I get some riding time in.  I lost a bit of turning radius but won't really know if it will be an issue till I actually start riding it around and playing around with the adjustments.
Dremeled the flange off of the throttle tube to better fit the new grips and an NEP Throttle Lock Cruise Control.
Had to get a new set of Motovation Barend Adapters/Weights as the new bars had a much larger internal diameter than the last set.
Replaced the bottom front valve cover with a polished Pantah valve cover.
Replaced a bunch of aluminum bolts and screws with stainless ones.
Installed the TPO oil breather filter relocation kit and some custom outerwears for the air and oil breather filters that I also got from TPO.  I didn't want them to have the big Outerwears logo stamped on them.
Installed some gloss black PCd mini diamand grill material in the windscreen, front fender/hugger, and side scoops vents.
Replaced the enamel 3D D-ball logo stickers.  The original ones I had came with the white stripe on red and I had eudecals make me some custom ones with the black stripe on red.
Installed a really sweet set of slider plugs that Chris at Desmoworld made for me too.

I still have a long list of things I want to do to the bike:
Dremel a bit more off the top edge of the rear side panels and to finish installing diamond grill material on the the rest of the vents on the bike.
Upgrade the brakes.  I think I will be upgrading to the calipers off the S2R1K but still haven't decided on which rotors.  They'll either be something in carbon or something that looks like a circular saw.
I really want to get some BSTs.
I really want to get a set of MotoCreations miniswitch controls when they become available.  I also want to get their CF replacement larger capacity fuel tank but since it looks like my plastic tank is starting to spread I think I will see about getting it replaced by DNA when I get back and having the inside Caswell lined and the outside Rhino lined.
Still have to see about getting the right side pillion peg hanger modified to match the left side as it didn't get done at the shop the last time I left it with them like I asked them to.  Also plan on moving the helmet locks to under the seat on the outside of the passender handgrips and getting rid of the seat lock altogether.
Oh yeah, I also want to chop off about 2-4 inches off the cans and replace the aluminum tips with conical CF ones.

Then, Then.  It will be done  Grin

Here are some updated photos:

And there are more pictures here: http://s690.photobucket.com/albums/vv270/drkmojo/Mota%20January%202011/

Nomad

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 02:17:26 AM »

That is absolutely gorgeous.  I had no idea it was possible to mod that many things on a monster, and here I thought I would be approaching 'done' after a couple more winters a a few thousand more $$$, guess not!  popcorn
 It does look a bit like an elephant from the front though, can't say I find the hand guards very aesthetically pleasing, but that is just me, overall, awesome job!
Mojo S2R

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 05:31:18 AM »

Nomad. 

Thanks for the compliment. 

You're right about the handguards.  I will be keeping them though.  The reason I got them was that riding into work in the winters when I was back home caused my hands to freeze long before I got halfway there.  If you take a look at the pictures of the bike in 2009 and prior I actually had the handguards flipped the other way and I think I will be putting them back that way.  Not really sure I can remember why I flipped them over like this.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:18:17 PM by Mojo S2R » Logged

Bishamon

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 05:54:06 AM »

Wow!  That's a LOT of work!

The headlight really suits the bike; It's better than what is on the current-gen Monsters.

2011 Monster 796
2007 Sport 1000 SE (SOLD) Sad
geoffduc

18 till i die

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »

Looking good John... waytogo

Blimey will it ever be finished... Wink Wink

coffee
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:33:22 PM by geoffduc » Logged

2015 scrambler FT
2009 monster 1100s
Mojo S2R

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 02:20:07 AM »

Thanks Bishamon.  The current gen monster light was actually a contender at one time.  I searched all over till I finally decided on this one.  I think there may still be an old thread I had showing a bunch of the different lights I was looking at photoshopped onto the bike.

Geooff,  Good to hear from you mate.  Congrats on the SF.  Color me green with envy.  I hope that someday I can finally say "It's finished!" but am afraid that the mod bug can never die.  I've seen other bikes that I would consider finished and then the owner decided to go a different route and started modding it all over again.  I hope that in my case I would just get a different bike and start anew down a different route.  At least my to do list on this bike is actually getting shorter.   Cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: