Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 05:06:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some Powdercoat and new dampner on the S4R ..pics  (Read 4022 times)
venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« on: January 22, 2011, 06:28:06 AM »

Bike is snuggled away in my basement and since my hip and knee surgery in November, I have been cleaning and getting the bike ready for this spring.

Took some parts off and sent over to my powdercoater.  He matched up the headlight trim perfectly.  I did the clutch cover, stock rearsets, pegs, headlight brackets, and handlebar mount.

Bike got new front/rear Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, new Brembo HH pads, clutch stabilizer plate, fresh fluids and I picked up this Ducati FG Gubellini Cross Mount Steering Dampner.  I got it off EBay new for 250.00 and contacted FG in Italy for the base mounting studs that go around the ignition.  280.00 in it...I felt good since it is 600.00-750.00 everywhere I looked.

The tank needs to come off and get fixed...I have developed the notorious tank hinge seep.  I know this cold weather in DC has not helped either.  She also needs new belts and valve adjustment before I start riding again.

Next winter, the swingarm and triples will be powdercoated the same black color.  Bit by bit

Before:

In basement now: (no slip ons on it)

Powdecoated parts:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:39:52 AM by venomousr1993 » Logged

venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 06:29:26 AM »

My dampner I scored on...

TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:38:50 AM »

Bike is snuggled away in my basement and since my hip and knee surgery in November, I have been cleaning and getting the bike ready for this spring.

Took some parts off and sent over to my powdercoater.  He matched up the headlight trim perfectly.  I did the clutch cover, stock rearsets, pegs, headlight brackets, and handlebar mount.

Bike got new front/rear Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, new Brembo HH pads, clutch stabilizer plate, fresh fluids and I picked up this Ducati FG Gubellini Cross Mount Steering Dampner.  I got it off EBay new for 250.00 and contacted FG in Italy for the base mounting studs that go around the ignition.  280.00 in it...I felt good since it is 600.00-750.00 everywhere I looked.

The tank needs to come off and get fixed...I have developed the notorious tank hinge seep.  I know this cold weather in DC has not helped either.  She also needs new belts and valve adjustment before I start riding again.

Next winter, the swingarm and triples will be powdercoated the same black color.  Bit by bit

Before:

In basement now: (no slip ons on it)

Powdecoated parts:

Bike looks amazing.  Who's your powdercoater am located in DC as well. 

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
lazylightnin717

we used to play for silver, now we play for life

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 01:29:49 PM »

Why would you spend 280 to get your bike wet?

I'd buy a hose to dampen it....  Grin

(for future reference, it's a damper)

Bike looks good though. I never liked that clutch cover but it works in your case

Comes a time
When the blind man takes your hand
Says don't you see
Gotta' make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »

I want yer bike drool

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
muskrat

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 06:10:30 PM »

looking real nice.  waytogo  just for kicks here's what she'll look like with a pc swing arm (got the same bike  Grin)

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:20:43 PM »

looking real nice.  waytogo  just for kicks here's what she'll look like with a pc swing arm (got the same bike  Grin)

Thanks for the pic..helps out a bit.

Is the front fender the 916/748 front fender?  I had been looking at doing it, but wasn't sure on how it would look.  Do you have and better shots if it is that particular fender.   Wink 

venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 06:36:04 PM »

Bike looks amazing.  Who's your powdercoater am located in DC as well.  

I used G&T Powdercoating...they are down in Fredericksburg.  Terry is his name and he is super nice. He did my rearsets at a lower temp as not to mess up the rubber bushings.  He prefers to do it when it is warmer as it gives a nicer finish than when it is overcast and freezing outside.  He met me close to my work on Quantico to pick up and drop off the parts.  540-220-5094
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:38:15 PM by venomousr1993 » Logged

muskrat

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »

916 fender.
I also pc'd my triples and handle bar.  the only thing I regret not doing is the lowers on my forks. 
You might also look into an Evotech radiator cover, complete blacks out the front and makes the radiator vanish...if you're into that look.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
dan_t

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:29:22 AM »

Hi, great looking bike!
I've got an '08 S4RS & am considering gettinng the hanging rear passenger pegs & exhaust bracket powder coated in the same matt black as the swing arm.

Only question in my mind is whether getting the full pegs done will make them a little slippery if someone is on the back.

What's the result with yours?

'08 S4rs;
Termis, DP C/F Short Tail, DP C/F Rear Hugger, Custom hand-made seat, Matris Steering damper, Pazzo Shorty Levers, Rizoma Dynamic mirrors, EVR Ventilated Pressure Plate, EVR Open Clutch Cover, SpeedyMoto Stainless Springs Kit, EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder, EVR Front Sprocket Cover, Evotech Performance Radiator & Oil Cooler Guards, Rizoma CT027R, CT017R & CT015R red fluid reservoirs, Powder Coated Rear Passenger Pegs, Oberon Racing Pegs, C/F Fairing stays, Oggy Knobs, ZG tinted Screen
muskrat

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »

I've never had an issue and use Alpine Star boots. 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: