Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 19, 2024, 03:42:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The What's holding you back thread  (Read 4040 times)
NuTTs

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 11:48:49 AM »

A year ago my life started to fall apart and all seemed to be lost.

I´ve moved on, my limits are the boundaries of my imagination and, unfortunately, the laws of physics.

There is much to gain and little to loose. I´m up for pretty much anything right now. I´ll be back on the race track soon and I have a serious sponsor.

Life is good, and it´s getting better every day that goes by.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 11:55:43 AM »

3 kids and a dog are sucking me dry, but I can't complain too much since I would only give one away. And no, it wouldn't be the dog.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
BozcoRob

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 12:09:48 PM »

Just think what I could have crossed off my TTD list with those 12 days back laughingdp laughingdp

Desmosedici - it's the new Paso (except the bodywork doesn't fit as well)
77south

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 05:58:21 AM »

What's holding me back?

gravity.

leather straps and thorazine.

Smiley
Mad Duc
Just because it is wrinkled doesn't mean you should call it a

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2010, 08:42:39 AM »

Nothing really. Goal since I was a kid: start my own business. I went to school - BA + 2 Masters.

And my track record? I've started about 3 or 4. FAIL. Different ideas, categories, etc. One I screwed up, one no one paid me, one the partner screwed up. A lesson I learned - Employees you can fire, partners not so much.

I won't give up. I always have a scheme up my sleeve...  I forget the movie but I remember a line from it very well "I'm happy, but I'll never be content". That's me.

PA's official Ducati Owner's Club: PennDesmo.org
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2010, 09:16:29 AM »

It was fear.  I was in a great but boring gov't job (like to call it the golden handcuffs) and wanted something different.  A bunch of stuff happened - death of my father and a divorce.  Quit the gov't job and started a consulting firm 3 year ago. No kids, no pets, no houseplants helps in making big jumps.  Would never go back..... That said, I took 2 years of planning and earning extra dough on the side doing remodeling to make the jump.  Still have yet to take out a business loan.  My advice to those who want change - plan, plan, and plan some more.  Don't get overwhelmed - take it in small bites and work towards your goal.

I still struggle with motivation at times.  Consulting has been much more engaging because projects are shorter and change often, which is nice.  Still have dreams of running off to "join the circus" or otherwise drop out entirely.  

I have always struggled with contentment. I am much better at living in the moment, but still have flushes of wanting to grow my one man show into a business I could sell eventually.  Trade current freedom and good income for years of no freedom, but with the potential to cash out and not work anymore 5-10 years down the road.  It is a tough choice.  

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: